Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Should have done this revision earlier!!

I'm only 5 weeks out as of today, and despite having complications in the beginning I know this is something that was best for me and feel better already than I have in years. The Christmas lights thing made me chuckle because I was thinking this next Christmas I'll finally be able to use a ladder without constantly feeling like a step is going to go out at any second because I'm too heavy for it...lol.

Congrats on your progress, Heather!

So we will hear about your house on the news as the best decorated house in the USA? I'm thinking National Lampoons style lights!

Congrats on your success so far. Even if I don't lose another lb, I feel great! Just think of everything that you will be able to do with more weight gone! The best thing for me has been booths at restaurants and airplane seats!

Banded 2010 weight:327
Sleeved 12/28/16 weight:253
Currently 220.7 lbs
106 lbs down!!
Heather in Texas

6 hours ago, hmm33502 said:

So...just like any surgery, there are risks. Some people like to talk only about all of the positives and then there are people who spend every post trying to discourage others and talking worst case scenario. I, personally have had a wonderful experience and a significantly improved quality of life after my revision. I am actually living my life with healthier foods, less acid, waaaaaayyyy less vomiting, more energy, etc. yes, you can lose your stomach to cancer, but you can also get in your car and have an auto accident or fall off of a ladder while hanging Christmas lights. Stuff happens and you can't live life afraid that all of the bad scenarios will happen to you. You can listen to some people on this thread who EVERY POST is why you shouldn't have surgery. Or you can weigh your options and live your life!! Hang those Christmas lights, drive that car, get that revision....my life is vastly improved. There are lots of others with the same story! I can just tell about my experience, I won't tell you about my sister's teacher's cousin's ex boyfriend! I'm open for questions and excited about the rest of my life!!

Currently 220.7 lbs
106 lbs down!!
Heather in Texas

This is true. Puts things into perspective. Thanks for the encouragement! @hmm33502

I just had the conversion done. My take is lap bands are pure evil. All of my incisions have healed from the VSG part of the surgery, but the one for the port removal got infected and has been a PITA. Here's to making a better choice the second time around!

Heather my surgery is coming up Wednesday the 8th. I was curious if your band was full before the surgery? I have had issues with the band and port so it has been empty for at least the last 5 years or more. I am just curious if it might make a difference, maybe like I am starting all over and to forget everything I learned about with the band and such. I may be rambling I am super nervous!! lol

Heather my surgery is coming up Wednesday the 8th. I was curious if your band was full before the surgery? I have had issues with the band and port so it has been empty for at least the last 5 years or more. I am just curious if it might make a difference, maybe like I am starting all over and to forget everything I learned about with the band and such. I may be rambling I am super nervous!! lol

Sorry it took so long to respond!!
Mine was empty for a month before surgery. The most I ever had was 4cc in a 10cc band. The hardest thing for me is the full feeling. I don't generally have it with the sleeve until it is too late and I'm over stuffed. For me, gas was much easier to deal with and recovery was much easier with the sleeve than the band. Don't worry about weight loss for the first month. Just follow the plan that your dr gave you and heal!! Loss is slower than for first time sleevers, so don't compare yourself to anyone! My quality of life has greatly improved so if I don't lose another pound, it was well worth the 15k for the revision! Good luck tomorrow! Let me know how it goes!

Currently 220.7 lbs
106 lbs down!!
Heather in Texas

I am 6 days out now and doing pretty good! No more pain just a bit of soreness now where there port was. I am advanced to the soft foods stage now but still not allowed to have any Protein such as shakes.

Heh, the likelihood of cancer due to obesity is dependent on the individual. There are plenty of ppl that get cancer and are skinny. So then what?
We all have our reasons. The complications are very real. It's always helpful to read the experciences of others since knowing the stats mean nothing, it's just numbers on a screen or rattled of my surgeon.
I don't even think these are "horror" stories, its sad that we delineate these experiences as "horror" its the lives of people that took the same decision we did and didnt expext to be worse off.

I wish you would go do your scare mongering somewhere else. I have never read one positive comment out of the many many many comments you have made. I am not sure what your objective is - but feel your negativity is detrimental and not in any way helpful in a forum like this. If you have had a bad experience I am sorry... but you dont even seem to be sharing your own experience, its always something you have googled with the intent to scare and I dont think thats right at all.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using BariatricPal mobile app

Update!!!! I am still absolutely in love with the sleeve over the band! I have figured out what "satisfied" feels like. I had been used to the "stuck" feeling and equating that to full, but it is very different with the sleeve. I am 53 lbs down since the revision and 120 lbs down total. I am keeping my Protein and Water up, sugar and bad carbs waaaayyy down and taking my Vitamins every day. I feel amazing and like I have control for the first time in a long time (instead of the band controlling me!) I workout for at least 1 hour M-F and sometimes twice a day. I never thought I would be one of those people, but I am! I love being active! Walking, Zumba, Barre, Trampoline class, kettlebell, and even some running! I hit Onederland in 5 more pounds. I haven't been there since the 8th grade. I'm going down in sizes faster than I can buy clothes to wear. It took me a few months to really get the hang of it, but I can't be stopped now!

Heather in Texas
SW: 327
CW: 205
Goal ????? We will see! I never thought I would get to 199, but here I am!

Banded 2010. Sleeved Dec 2016
117 lbs lost

hmm33502 Heather, That is great!!!! I am so glad to hear you are doing so well. My surgery was March 8th and I am doing pretty good..I just seem to have issues getting all the food, liquids and Protein Shakes in a day. I am taking all my Vitamins and they added some Iron into the mix last week due to lack of energy. I am down 49 pounds and feeling pretty good! I have been walking everyday but I have not started really working out yet. Best of luck!! Keep up the great work. =D

hmm33502 Heather, That is great!!!! I am so glad to hear you are doing so well. My surgery was March 8th and I am doing pretty good..I just seem to have issues getting all the food, liquids and Protein Shakes in a day. I am taking all my Vitamins and they added some Iron into the mix last week due to lack of energy. I am down 49 pounds and feeling pretty good! I have been walking everyday but I have not started really working out yet. Best of luck!! Keep up the great work. =D

You are doing great!!! It takes a while to really figure it out. 49 lbs down is fantastic. Iron really helps me dramatically. Keep up to great work!

Banded 2010. Sleeved Dec 2016
117 lbs lost

I had my revision on March 6th. I too couldn't be happier. I was miserable with the band. Never really satisfied. I would take a few bites, get stuck and be miserable until I ran to the bathroom and brought it up. Now I can eat a small amount and really be satisfied. Though I am having trouble getting enough calories and Protein (who would've thought) but still I wish I could've revised sooner.

ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1487864731.456734.jpg.ef78e8bd1108e4487c9220f7c417953f.jpg
I am that warped person that kept my band after removal! So far, so good with everything. This was the best decision that I could have made. I can now eat healthier food without that stuck feeling and I don't have the acid and back pain issues that I used to have! It took removing 60-70% of my stomach for me to feel normal again. BEST. DECISION.EVER.
Currently 222.9lbs
104 lbs down!!
Heather in Texas

I'm so happy for you, wow your story makes me appreciate my surgeon swaying me away from the band [emoji41]

Sent from my S8+ using BariatricPal mobile app[emoji41]

I wouldn't focus on the negative DO what's best for you! Like if we focused on seeing vehicle accidents EVERYDAY on the news we would walk everywhere, but healthy & happy[emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my S8+ using BariatricPal mobile app[emoji41]