Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big Medicine

Did anyone watch tonight? They had a lap-band patient.

I am usually squeamish watching surgeries but I watched the entire segment. I loved that Dr. Garth explained step by step what he was doing.

Did anyone watch tonight? They had a lap-band patient.

I am usually squeamish watching surgeries but I watched the entire segment. I loved that Dr. Garth explained step by step what he was doing.

I saw it! They usually don't have to many lap band patients, mostly Gastric Bypass patients. He really did do a good job explaining what he was doing and how it would work.

I was sooo proud of Tiffany. I really hope she sticks to it and has good success. I could really tell a difference in her face after she lost some weight.

Tiffany has lost 200 pounds. That's incredible. I'm impressed with her and I think she is stubborn enough to succeed.

Did you see the one a couple of weeks ago with the woman that had had a experimental lap band years and years ago and they were trying to find it. I found it very hard to believe that they were thinking that it passed through her system. They finally found it while they were doing a bypass on her. It was completely encapsulated in her outer stomach. The younger doc wanted to remove it, but his dad said just leave it. It was pretty wild!

I saw it last night and was very happy to see Tiffany doing good. Against all odds because it seemed to me that the family was still pushing her to eat. I couldn't believe that the mom is still cooking unhealthy food and knowing Tiffany is trying. Even before the surgery it seemed on the first show that mom cooked anything that Tiffany wanted and then saying how she wanted her to lose weight. I cook for myself and I can make those choices to cook unhealthy or healthy, but Tiffany was dependent on mom.

The drs were so caring. I know even my drs are caring. Has anyone noticed that the "lapband" drs show more compassion than the regular drs. I love my regular dr, but I am over the moon with my lapband drs (husband and wife team).:)

The show is on Wednesday nights 10pm on TLC. The confusion lies in that Season 1 started on TLC and when the repeats started they moved to Discovery Health. Now that Season 2 is on they are back on TLC. I have seen a couple of the new episodes and I am pulling for Tiffany too, but she is up against it long term with her family. Her mother (who could also use WLS) cooks everything in butter, and I think they were bugging her to eat more too. If their thinking doesn't change about food, I worry that Tiffany's efforts will be in vain and she will eventually stretch her pouch and start regaining. I love this show. I have learned a lot about WLS and plastic surgery from watching. Dr. Lomanico gets amazing results. Now if I can just hit the lottery, I could get him to do me (I will need everything lifted). I can dream . . .

I've just recently started watching Big Medicine. I saw last night where they showed the LB. I'd never seen one done on the show before. I hope they do more and follow up on the patients. Did you notice how "blown up" her belly was? (I know they do this so they can see everything.) No wonder everyone talks about the terrible gas pains during recovery! I'll be sure and ask my surgeon to suck out as much of that air as possible!! Sheeeeesh! I think Tiffany is doing great, but she might be better off NOT living at home if possible. Her family is a giant coronary waiting to happen. I know she's stubborn, but how long can she live in the middle of all that crappy food?

I also saw the lady with the old lap band. That was strange, the father-son surgeons arguing over what to do with the band. Looked like it would take a lot of digging to get the old one out though....and there was no infection or anything.

Wow! That's unreal. I have them on my DVR and haven't watched them yet. It would seem that they would need to take that band out of risk infection. It seems crazy to leave it in there!

Blund - In response to "No wonder everyone talks about the terrible gas pains during recovery! I'll be sure and ask my surgeon to suck out as much of that air as possible!! Sheeeeesh!" I am LMAO!!!! You're too funny!

Pearlygirl, congrats on your date. IF I get ins. approval, I'll either be a March or April bandster.

Anyone been watching the show?

I am soooo proud of Alan. I know he felt good when he walked in the pool. I can't even imagine not walking for 9 years (?). What an amazing accomplishment!

Anyone been watching the show?

I am soooo proud of Alan. I know he felt good when he walked in the pool. I can't even imagine not walking for 9 years (?). What an amazing accomplishment!

I know, I know! I thought that was so touching, especially seeing his parents and the looks on their faces as they were watching him walking around the pool. It brought me to tears! Of course, I'm a sap and cry at alsmot EVERY episode of Big Medicine! Love that show...

I've actually never watched it...I need to some time!

I know, I know! I thought that was so touching, especially seeing his parents and the looks on their faces as they were watching him walking around the pool. It brought me to tears! Of course, I'm a sap and cry at alsmot EVERY episode of Big Medicine! Love that show...

Haha, me too! I at least tear up on every episode...I guess because it hits close to home.

I've actually never watched it...I need to some time!

You really should. I love the show!