Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big Medicine

Another Big Medicine lover!!! I try to catch it every time it's on, and I get sooo emotionally involved with the patients.

I think the father is hot! I just think it's his accent... *giggle*

I get discovery, but not discovery health. I hope it comes back on regular discovery.

im glad to see it coming back on. i have seen ever one of them. me and my wife loves the show and dvr's it if we are not able to watch it that night. thanks for the heads up on when it is coming back on. im seating the dvr as i type.

I'm totally addicted to "Big Medicine" as well. I find watching everyone's stories to be very inspirational and motivating because they feature "real" people.

My son thinks I'm a freak for watching it--I don't think he sees the connection between me and the people on there who are very large and bedridden (I guess that's a good thing)! I don't think he realizes that I am actually obese. Maybe it's because I'm like the energizer bunny and never stop doing things.

I've tried to explain that their struggles are the same as mine, but I just happened to intervene and do something about it before I got quite as large as some of them are.

I'm looking forward to the new season! I also have to confess that I like "Little D" a lot...I think I'm developing a bit of a crush! Wonder if he's "available" (hee, hee!)?

Dr. Garth Davis did my surgery on 1/4/07 and he was wonderful. If you live close to houston I would recommend him. I am sore n1/6/07 but otherwise doing ok.

Hi, I know how you feel, sometimes I wish I had just gone for GB and been done with it quickly, but don't forget that statistics are showing that at the 3 year mark results are virtually the same for GB and LB. Slow and sure wins the race!!!

I love to watch Big Medicine. I have been watching discovery health all this wkend. They are doing shows on Brookhaven tonight. I hope I remember to watch that on Jan. 9th. I am having lapband on the 8th in Nashville. This show is so informational. I am so glad this show is on. I can't wait for the new season.:)

I love the show, the Drs. seem nice but that annoying psychologist seems like a Debbie Downer. Jeez, is she EVER in favor of anyone getting surgery? I hope it's just the editing or whatever that makes her seem like such a killjoy/stumbling block/know it all.

The episode that got me was when she said as a young person that she decided to run so that she wouldn't be like her fat relatives. How condescending!

My dvr is set and ready to go with the new season. I go in Thursday at 4:30 to see Garth for my one week check. That should be interesting, I have no idea what we will do then.

I wish they showed some of the personilities in the office. I hung around about an hour waiting on paperwork in the back and got to see comings and goings.

Marge - the happy one working on your insurance - helping in any way she can. Upbeat. Just what his office needs.

Joan - work, work, work. I think probably the glue that holds the office together. You should see her desk. One little space to work and the rest PILED high with paperwork.

Melissa - his nurse. Cute as a button and happy to help you. Just what his office needs. She is nice just plain nice.

The two girls up front don't act like they enjoy their job. Don't really know why. You know make faces after other people they work with walk off.

Another lady doesn't seem happy with her job either. The lady that weighs you and gets you ready for the Dr. was nice enough.

Just a different office. I know I want all the people in my office to get along and work together - not apart. We work hard to achieve that goal.

Loved meeting with Dr. Davis and he did a fine job on my lapband. I couldn't or wouldn't have gone to anyone else after attending his seminars. Does anyone have experience with him and his fills? Does he actually do them or some of the women?

Will let you know how the office visit went on Thursday. :rolleyes:

athinnerdiva,

I thought it was on discovery health also, but it is on TLC. Hope this helps.

I love this show,

Ari

I have Cablevision and several "Discovery" channels but no Discovery Health!!!!!!! I'm so bummed!!

I have seen a few episodes on TLC, but not often. I've never seen one dealing with lapbands. I'd love to see them more. I wonder if they will be available online!

I have Cablevision and several "Discovery" channels but no Discovery Health!!!!!!! I'm so bummed!!

I have seen a few episodes on TLC, but not often. I've never seen one dealing with lapbands. I'd love to see them more. I wonder if they will be available online!

I think it's on Wed. at 10pm on TLC. The season just started. I have

my tv set to record it whenever it comes on.