Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks post op this Monday & I'm losing control here. I am not eating how I'm supposed to be eating. I've had pizza and wings and tonight I've eaten almost 1000 in calories. (3 FULL slices of a medium pizza from Pizza Hut & 6 buffalo wings). Not all at once obviously. But that's what I had today.

I'm so upset with myself. SO upset!! I know I'm going to regret telling my surgeon about the food because, I mean, c'mon. Who just has a surgery like this & does something so stupid?!? But I'm deathly scared that I've been stretching my sleeve with how bad I've been eating. It's been ongoing for about a week now.

Is it too early to do the pouch reset? ! Somebody kick some common sense into my head PLEASE!!! I've seriously regretted this surgery since Day 1 & I'm just so.. ugh. I just wish I never had this done.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Captain, you know that was not a good decision, so don't dwell on it, instead let it be an opportunity to have you refocus on the process. Remember, surgery is not meant to be a miracle cure, but rather is a tool to help you change your lifestyle. All the preparing has brought you to this point, but the journey continues.

Over the next year, you should be concentrated in maintaining and creating healthy eating habits. Find alternative healthy solutions and start with those.

Have a discussion about this with your Nut and Psych as well as your doc. You may also see if there are any sleeve support groups in your area.

You can do this!

Captain, you know that was not a good decision, so don't dwell on it, instead let it be an opportunity to have you refocus on the process. Remember, surgery is not meant to be a miracle cure, but rather is a tool to help you change your lifestyle. All the preparing has brought you to this point, but the journey continues.

Over the next year, you should be concentrated in maintaining and creating healthy eating habits. Find alternative healthy solutions and start with those.

Have a discussion about this with your Nut and Psych as well as your doc. You may also see if there are any sleeve support groups in your area.

You can do this!

Thank you so so much! I'm trying so friggin hard to not dwell & brought it up to my husband to try and help get it off my chest but I'm just beyond upset about it! I can't shake it for some reason. I have an appointment next week with them, so I'll definitely be bringing it up then!! The support groups are only once a month and I've put it several requests to join other local groups with no success. [emoji20] I find that they do help, but they're so infrequent that it makes it easy for me to lose sight of things.

Finding healthy alternative solutions sounds like a good idea. I'm trying to figure out a meal plan period but it's so hard to do high Protein, low carb, low fat. [emoji849] Ugh! Man! I don't know what happened after the surgery! I was so prepared and then once it was said & done, it was like I didn't know anything!

I need to refocus. I totally do!

Where do you live? Don't beat yourself up. At six weeks, you need to consider your body's need to heal and your overall health.

I'm in Colorado. That's what I keep telling myself Everyone is saying "your body is in shock. Give it time to catch up" but these scales can catch me outside!! Lol!

In all seriousness, I keep telling myself to give it time & let it heal, but I am just so frustrated with the progress I've made & the slacking I've done. I feel like I'm healed because I can drink Water normally now (not plain Water obviously) & I can eat bigger portions.

You just have to make better choices & fight the urges. You didn't go through all this to do what you've been doing. Be strong and determined to live your best life!

I am not sure how it's physically possible for you to eat a pizza slice let alone three! that immediately post op.

Please take a step back. You maybe causing very serious life threatening damage to your stomach. You can cause a LEAK! Forget stretching!

Do you want to kill yourself? Your stomach is still healing!

I am in shock. You have a food addiction. You went cold turkey and your reaching back for a fix. But now your fix can literally kill you!. You need counselling asap and join overeaters anonymous to face this addiction.

I an sorry for being harsh. But I am very concerned for you.

I am not sure how it's physically possible for you to eat a pizza slice let alone three! that immediately post op.
Please take a step back. You maybe causing very serious life threatening damage to your stomach. You can cause a LEAK! Forget stretching!
Do you want to kill yourself? Your stomach is still healing!
I am in shock. You have a food addiction. You went cold turkey and your reaching back for a fix. But now your fix can literally kill you!. You need counselling asap and join overeaters anonymous to face this addiction.
I an sorry for being harsh. But I am very concerned for you.

Not being harsh at all!! That is such a wake up call!! I didn't realize I could cause a leak this far out from my surgery. I figured I was past that stage or something. I don't know. Basically, I thought it would take 4 weeks for my stomach to do most of it's healing. I'm also shocked I could eat pizza! Everyone has been saying how they can get only a bite or so in.

I knew I had food addiction, just not this intense. I need to take several steps back. Today, I'm making my meal plan for the week, so hopefully this helps to steer me on track. The only thing I've seen my sleeve help with is a little restriction, and dumping on anything high fat or high sugar. (Usually high fat foods. I don't eat a lot of high sugar foods because I'm scared of enabling that sugar addiction I had)

Also, you're certainly right about going cold turkey. I was told about my surgery date & starting the pre op diet, 2 days before I had to start it & I chose NOT to go with having a food funeral. I also didn't cheat the entire time I was on my pre op diet. I never realized that I did do it all cold turkey. Man.

At six weeks out ? I'm preop so have no idea what to expect . I have friends who have had surgery and they told me i prob won't ever be able to eat pizza or bread like things again as they are tough to get down . Don't beat yourself up ! Just follow 90 percent and indulge 10 percent . If that was the 10 percent then your fine

At six weeks out ? I'm preop so have no idea what to expect . I have friends who have had surgery and they told me i prob won't ever be able to eat pizza or bread like things again as they are tough to get down . Don't beat yourself up ! Just follow 90 percent and indulge 10 percent . If that was the 10 percent then your fine

Thank you!! It's a new day, so I'm headed to the store to get some nutrient dense foods. I think it was mainly because we have nothing to eat here (but Condiments lol) & that was my fault for not preparing for situations like that. Husband had the car & pizza could deliver. *sigh* & That's what I was expecting! But it's all gone down fine. I was really hoping I would never be able to eat those things again, but that's not the case.

I am glad you're in a better place. Leaks can happen as late as 9 months.

To be honest, I am quite interested to know the size of your stomach. Do you know your bougie size? Your doctor may have given you a larger stomach.

Which can be a mixed blessing!

Edited by AnneElliot

Wow..yeah.. I am 40 days post op and can barely eat anything but soft cheese and liquids. Like any other time we falter... pick yourself up and learn from your mistake. You MAY want to talk to your Dr. concerning the ability to eat that much at this point.. I, personally, would think something was off with the stomach size?! That's just MHO and what I would do if I experienced what you have.

Stay strong...move ahead. and smile

I am glad you're in a better place. Leaks can happen as late as 9 months.
To be honest, I am quite interested to know the size of your stomach. Do you know your bougie size? Your doctor may have given you a larger stomach.
Which can be a mixed blessing!

9 months?!? Wow!!! That's good to know! & I don't. :( I have no idea what that is tbh. Haha! But I'll ask when I go in for my appointment this week! I'm interested in knowing as well!! I really hope he didn't. [emoji20] Can the stomach stretch this early out?

Wow..yeah.. I am 40 days post op and can barely eat anything but soft cheese and liquids. Like any other time we falter... pick yourself up and learn from your mistake. You MAY want to talk to your Dr. concerning the ability to eat that much at this point.. I, personally, would think something was off with the stomach size?! That's just MHO and what I would do if I experienced what you have.

Stay strong...move ahead. and smile

Most definitely! That's my concern as well!! I'm picking myself up for sure today & have made a meal plan and high Protein Snacks for moments like that!

The probability of a leak gets less overtime. The first several weeks are the most critical.

It's the size of your stomach it can be as small as 32fr or large as 60fr in french bougie sizes. Google it you will see photos! I have a 40fr.

The stomach will settleinto it's regular new size once your inflammation is gone in a few months.