Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally!!!!!Getting this band out and sleeve here I come!

I have had the lap band in since 2009 and have had many issues with it, not just due to the band itself but also my anxiety and agoraphobia, it got so bad that doctors actually refused to see me. =(

I am curious how many have had the band to sleeve revision all at the same time? I see it is very common to have the band removed then sometime later getting the sleeve surgery. I am very nervous about the pain and what I might need to expect? Also any tips for making it easier after surgery would be awesome! <3

Edited by Ginie

I had the band put in 2010 in illinois.. I had issues within 2 years port pain nerve pain upy neck severe reflux. 11/22/16 this awesome Dr.down here in San Antonio took my band out and sleeved me all at the same time. I am 3 months out and I have lost 75 pounds. Your pain isn't bad at all and you will feel awesome

Please reconsider this decision, if you have significant anxiety! Take the lapband out but give yourself time. I have severe anxiety post op from the sleeve. This decision is not reversible.

Congrats Jacquelene!! I am so happy for you, sounds like everything is going great so far.

Anne. my anxiety was is large part due to my agoraphobia from horrible events that have happen to me in my past that I have since worked though and I am now in a better place then I was back in 09. When I got the lapband done tho we went through a place that treated us as cattle, that is how it felt, hurry up in and hurry up out. Not to mention every time I went to get a fill it was with a new Dr. because the old Dr. had left.

Dr. Suh my doctor now is pretty great and I know I will have him through out this whole process, so I will not have that same anxiety issues that I did then. However I am still curious what anxiety you are having post op?

Edited by Ginie