Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much weight have you lost

I was banded 9-28 I have lost 14 lbs. and I am happy. I haven't been perfect but when I cheat I do frozen yogurt. I had my first real food on Thursday an egg and two small pieces of ham lunch meat. I ate it at 12:30 and at 6:30 I was still just stuffed. It was only about 100 calories. IT WAS SO WEIRD. It is hard because sometimes I want to keep eating but I am afraid I might hurt my self so I stop. My first fill is in Nov. on the 16th, it is going to be 500.00 for the first one! The next ones will be about 259.00. When you get to your sweet spot do you just stay there?

Guess I've rambled enough, thanks for "listening"

Cleone

Hello Cleone,

Great to hear you are doing so well. I started mushies just yesterday.

Here's how my day went. My blind brother who lives by himself called me at 4:30 am saying he thinks he's having a heart attack. I tell him to call 911 and get to the ER I will meet him there. I had my granddaughter over for the weekend and we both jumped up and ran. Well turns out he didn't have a heart attack but had a PE, He threw a blood clot to his lung from another blood clot found in his thigh! He gets transfereed by ambulance to another hosiptal 30 min away.

Ok, so I had to take my grandbabygirl back to daddy so I could go to be with him, make phone calls and alert other family members and on and on. Grandbabygirl was starving so we made a quick stop at McDonalds. I had a scrambled egg with a little gravy and was amazed at how little I could eat of it. I was under stress of course and was wondering how well I would do with it but seemed to do fine. By the time I got everything situated to get to the other hospital an hour had gone by so I started drinking, drinking, drinking.

I get to the other hospital just as other family members are and we check on brother and he is in his room, stabilized and talking, thank God!

So now that we have seen him and know he is stable everyone wants to go and eat. We end up at our one of my most favorite places, Chedders. They have fantastic food and the best prices anywhere. I'm thinkging ok, what can I get to eat here. Not a problem. I ordered the catfish which is VERY lightly breaded, mashed potatoes and green Beans. It was the lunch portion but it was HUGE. I felt like I was eating normal and eating a huge amount but by the time I chewed chewed chewed and chewed it some more I had only made a small dent in it and everyone else was done. I can't say I ate till I felt full because I didn't I felt satisfied so I stopped, got a to-go box. Then they had the 'cookie monster" OMG to die for. It has a HUGE choc chip cookie on the bottom, with two huge scoops of homemade vanilla ice cream on top, with the most amazing warm chocolate sauce poured over it with homemade whipped cream and a cherry. She brought four spoons, uh oh. Ok so I took two spoonfuls of the choc sause and ice cream, it was nervana! But it was my first time out to eat in months!!! I did great.

So when I got home last night from the hospital, I just whipped out the left overs, this time I measured them and ate it again and it was delish! Again, no 'full' feeling just ate what I measure out, was satisfied, waited an hour after and started drinking again, but man about 9:30 I was exhausted and was ready to crash, made myselft stay up till 10 then went to bed.

I still have a huge amount of the lunch leftover, but think I will try different things today. Maybe some refried Beans with ff sour cream for Fiber. I haven't had any bathroom issues so far and I have been doing 2 Protein shakes a day since Sept 19.

Sorry to go on and on, just wanted to share my day and let you know that under stress I still made pretty good choices and ate and didn't feel deprived at all. I have only lost 19 pounds since I first weighed myself Sept 5th, this is pre and post op, but that's still a little of 3 pounds a week when you put the calculator to it, and I had a nice NSV this morining. Yesterday everyone was saying how they noticed I had lost weight, my DH said I bet you can fit into your next size jeans now and I said no way, I tried them on last week and could button them but no way that zipper was going up, he kept saying I bet you can. Well you all know the disappointment of thinking they will just to find out they won't so I didn't try them on last night. This morning I got up, weighed myself, same weight as last week, but I 'felt' so light. I thought ok, those jeans are my guage so to speak, let's just see where I am. Took them out slid them up, buttoned them and zipped them and they fit just like they used to. Now granted I had to go into a size 20 about 7 months ago when my weight was out of control. Getting into my favorite size 18's today was a victory. Now to get below that and into all the 16's that have been packed away for over 10 years. I can't ever remember being a size 12 in my life so that is my goal, to get into a pair of size 12 jeans because I will have to buy a pair!!!! I know this is long and I'm rambling, but I'm so stoked this morning. I am doing so much better than I thought. No pain since day after surgery, no gas since 5 days after surgery, my incicisons are all healed and looking great, I feel so very very good! I don't want it to end. Me, who in all my previous posts was such a wuss, imagine that.

This borad has taught me what to do and most importantly what not to do to avoid as many complications as possible and for that I thank it profusely.

Hope to hear back from you soon, I know you are gonna do great, cause we both have another tool that I believe helps a great deal and thank you for that!

Blugs! (blessings and hugs)

Debbi

Dear Deb, I am so proud of you! I hope your brother will be OK. I have a disabled sister that lives here in assisted living. She is only 52. I am also doing great. I am very excited for both of us. My sister and I went to Red Lobster today. I had one crab cake, she had the other one. I ordered a side of broccoli, and had about a fourth of that. It was so weird I used to be the fasted eater on earth. I was still chewing my crab cake when she was long finished with her meal. I almost had a PB this afternoon. I cooked one egg with two thin slices of ham, chopped it in the blender and then tried to eat it too fast. I felt it slowly coming back up but it never came all the way. Is that an almost PB? My sister got some ice cream on the way home from the movies and I had three bites. It is so weird not to want more and more and more! I am so happy I did this. I will go back to Water aerobics tomorrow at 5:30. My other sister will arrive Friday for a few days. We will be together for my mom's birthday. We just lost her in May from pancreatic cancer. She would be so happy I did this. She was so obsessed about her weight, When she got in to size 8 petite jeans from the cancer she said "I know this has been rough on you girls but I sure like the way I look" talk about the eternal optimist! I miss her so much. She was my best friend. Her illness and death was the reason I put on the last 20 pounds. Anyway now I am rambling. I was really glad to hear from you.

Sincerely, Cleone

Whew, Cleone, you dodged the bullet on that PB is sounds like. I did the same thing yesterday. I had been at the hosp with my brother and stayed too long and let myself get too hungry. When I finally did get home, I was eating the leftover fish and mashed pot. and green Beans and I guess I was so hungry I was eating too fast. I know I was chewing the doo doo out of it, but was just eating too fast. After just 3 or 4 bites I felt the golf ball begin in my chest. I immediately stopped eating and was about to panic thinking I was going to have a PB, but instead I put my plate up, walked away from it. My first instinct was to take a drink, but I didn't. I got out of the kitchen entirely and started doing other things and got my mind off of the panic and the golf ball. Thank goodness it only lasted about 20 min and I was still hungry so I braved it again, this time eating very slowly. I eat off of a very small plate and I know there wasn't even a cup of food on it but it took me an hour to get it down, but I did and had no further problems.

We are going to do great, and I know about missing your Mom. Mine too was my best friend and I was her only daughter. She's been gone 5 years now and there isn't a day that has gone by yet that I still don't think about her and miss her terribly. I really feel for you!

I'm so glad to hear from you! I'm glad you have your sisters to be with you during this time, that must be great. Keep up the good work, eat slowly, chew,chew, chew and keep in touch!

Blugs

Debbi

I lost about 15 on my pre-op diet and lost 8 since surgery but have not lost a pound in the past 9 days or so. It's very frustrating. :Cry::hurt

Deb, have you actually PB'd yet? just curious. Did I tell you I found a cool web site my-calorie-counter.com It lets you journal your food pretty easily. It is helping me some days I only eat 450 calories so when I realize it, I have a Protein Shake. What happens if you go to bed before three hours after you eat? do you know?

Thanks, cleone

Dear dear..lets not compare...you've done twice my amount! But you know each persons journey is exactly that...your journey! I don't know any other diet I would have lost this weight so quickly...and actually I quit weighing myself last week at home...I have no idea how much exactly....but trust me...you got me beat! I'll update on the 26th after my first fill.....

No Cleone, I haven't PB yet and hope to God never to. I am very careful to take tiny bites and turn it to liquid in my mouth before swallowing, I know I'm not very restricted yet and pretty much anything will go down fairly easy right now, but I am practicing for when I start getting fills.

I had a late night last night and didn't get to eat supper until 8:45, I know that's too late but sometimes that's going to happen with me, I didn't eat very much at all but I did go ahead and go to bed at my regular time at 10:30. I did fine. As a matter of fact I had forgotten all about not eating 2-4 hours before bed and did fine, not problems at all. I ate some refried Beans and sour cream and it was delicious.

As far as calorie counting. I have done it so much on past diets that I pretty much can guess withing 15-20 calories how much I have taken in that day. I know right now in the mushies stage I'm not eating over 700 calories a day so I always get a Protein Shake in there somewhere and I add the whey tatsteless Protein to my mushies, just make sure the protein count is up there.

I feel so much better now that I can take all my previous Vitamins. I take 2 flintsones chewables and 1 chewable caltratrate and 1 B12 under the tougue everyday. My doctor told me almost all women are deficient in the 'B' vitamins in some form or fashion so we should all supplement. It is energy in a pill for me. You're doing great, keep sharing!

Deb

We aren't supposed to eat 2-4 hours before bedtime? Is this a general bandster rule or does it depend on the surgeon? Mine did not tell me that.

Mandi - I was told not to do eat or drink 30 minutes before meals/liquids due to the heartburn/gas you can experience from it. Every doctor is different, you could always call yours to find out what is best for you.

Dear Tex Rose, If your comment was to me about not comparing, you might want to look at the thread you posted too....How much weight have you lost.

Cleone

I was banded on 9/26 and have lost 32 pounds all post op,still not feeling hungry but have Pbd twice due to eating too fast

That is great!!

Cleone