Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op depression, is there such thing?

Are you on something for acid? Sometimes hunger could actually be stomach acid. I haven't had a lot of hunger but my doc put me on Protonix at 6 weeks because I was having indigestion issues. Turns out I feel hunger even less now. Also you might need Protein. My NUT has me getting between 90-100 grams a day and I've felt better, my weight loss is better and I'm less hungry.

I was but completed course of meds. Will speak with my MD next week to see if that is something he can assist me with.

Personally, I have found the more carbs I eat, the hungrier I am. fruit might be what is causing that for you. Try to keep eating to designated meals and Snacks. Start with 3 meals and two Snacks, and see how you do. Snacks could be cheese and nuts... stuff like that.

I don't really eat carbs.. so not sure why the hunger comes back so quickly. I do incorporate Snacks .. cheese .. nuts.. Maybe the hunger is also cause beause I only take two or three bites of whatever I am eating so basically there's nothing to totally sustain me until my next meal.. OMG the mornings are the worst.. Get up feeling like haven't eaten in days.. :(

Its really hard especially if youre one who still gets sick six months out your surgery. I wonder if itll ever get better, will i ever be able to enjoy food. I keep faith that i will find a regime that works and food that stays down. Dont give up

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I went through a period of mourning the food and I'm sure that will be something that happens again. It was the worst when I was feeling weak and tired early weeks after surgery. But the energy level does return and I'd rather have loose clothes than food! It's a process for sure. Keep up with the Protein, fluids and Vitamins as you heal and cut yourself a break. It will get better. It takes longer to heal than I ever imagined it would--but it does happen! Good days ahead!!!

I've had Preop regret but none post op so far. I've been watching commercials and have been unbothered and I am good with my Protein shakes(especially since I'm not hungry so I forget about them)

On 11/02/2017 at 1:37 AM, addmay said:

I am now 4 months post op and know exactly how you feel. Especially when I was approved to eat solid foods I was so excited. Then when I couldn't finish my plate I started to doubt the choice I had made. I didn't realize how much food meant to me either. But I can tell you it does get better. All the previous posts got it right. Especially being able to talk to someone in a group or one on one is very important. People who have been there and understand. Post op depression is real! But I can say I made the right choice for my health. You can get get through it!

Sent from my LGLS996 using the BariatricPal App

I'm so glad to hear someone say post op depression is real. I'm 5 weeks out and I've had some really bad days. But I did this for my whole family. I want to be around for them.