Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone tried stomach taping or bandaging?

Wow you look beautiful in that dress. Great job . Congrats on the getting married. Taping does work but if you get good sticky tape it works but it sucks coming off

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I don't think you need anything I think you look great. But I am not wearing a wedding dress either lol. Good luck hon awsome job

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

I use duct tape all the time.Mainly I tape my boobs so I can wear backless dress. Plebty of thin women tape it is a useful beauty tip, google it. I'll never buy another strapless bra again, tape works so much better. If I can tape the G cups up, anyone can.

BTW, if you ever want real useful beauty/fashion related tips, never ask on a weight loss surgery forum. You got pages of kind but useless comments. You are normal sized now, go to the places normal sized women talk about beauty and fashion. They have similiar issues, just not in the extreme.

It works just practice. I plan on taping my thighs this summer. Duct tape comes off very easy with no pain if you get you body temp up. You can tape it off in the shower or with a heating pad.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

First, I agree with the above statements...you look great as is but I know you won't be happy if YOU can't see that.

I've taped before but mostly my chest for the purpose of doing Drag. Lol Even with the tape. It's hot as HELL & not in that ooo-la-la kind of way. So my suggestion would be to buy a panty girdle that you like & have someone alter it in the back so your dress doesn't show it. If you buy one high enough for the front of you then they can cut it at angle in line with your dress as it dips in the back providing you support & comfort.

Congrats on the wedding & the weight loss!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using the BariatricPal App

GaCaldwell has a good idea with get a tailored compression/shapewear garment.

The issue is, if you really have a lot of loose skin, you already know that moving it one place will make it stick out and move some where else. Like when I wear Shapewear I have to go for basically my whole torso, even there are only a few places that need smoothing, because just smoothing one area will cause bulges in other areas.

So even if you can get some kind of low shape wear to work, I would still tape down my sides and have that tape tucked into the shapewear. That way you can have a perfectly smooth back.

If you are going to have a professional photographer, they can fix some things for you, but you can't control the pictures other people take. You have to also consider that an HD camera is going to pick up more details than a phone camera.

Try a few different things and practice. If you have a good friend that can help you with taping, all the better.

I am getting married April 1 and have the almost perfect wedding dress except Spanx are not doing the job with my loose skin. The back of the dress is fairly low so my compression garment can't be too high and the material is too thin to wear boning (it will show). I bought it thinking spanx would work but I need to either bandage this skin somehow or tape it to give a smoother appearance. I found a product on Amazon called Skinnies that can be used for stomach, arms and thighs and wondering if anyone has had luck with it or can suggest something else. Surran wrap would be just too hot for my Texas wedding. Down 150 lbs! I didn't want to have plastics before pregnancy.
IMG_0743.thumb.PNG.43231b133aebb69cbe0aeb96902a2478.PNG
IMG_0744.thumb.PNG.cb8903ef2c211407cd4631214c0305f6.PNG

Omg thats the perfect dress hope you find a solution please post it so we can follow your story, good luck and congratulations on the WL

Isa B from Ecuador