Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved but scared.

I felt the EXACT same thing. I was so excited for the approval phone call, but once I got it BAM reality hit that this was really going to happen. If I had been denied then it wouldn't have been me making the choice and I could blame insurance. All the way up to the day of my surgery (really up to the minute) I was thinking of ways to get out of it. The only reason I went through with it really is was I didn't want to look bad to my family. However, I had my RNY on 10/19/16 and I can say now I am SO glad I did it. There were some rough weeks not just physically but I was an emotional mess as well. After those first few weeks I started seeing the light at the end of the tunnel and it was beautiful! I'm 63lbs down so far, my sleep apnea has resolved already and within three months my cholesterol went from 315 to 178! I just feel healthier and have more energy. I won't lie to you and say it will be a walk in the park(although for some it is) but it is so worth every struggle. My best wishes for you and if ya need to talk I'm here.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Of course it's a scary thing!
It is a major life changing decision that you have to consider so of course it is scary you do have to go under your body will undergo a major change your lifestyle will change what you know now will change but if you have been struggling and if it's necessary it is all worth it in the end just to undergo a lifestyle change will be the beginning to a new life something that you always desired something that you never thought you would reach it will be in your hand and in your control surround yourself with positive people who you can share your fears and your victories throughout this journey this is a tool to help you

It's normal. I was scared all the way up until they wheeled me off to the operating room. You will do fine. Just remember the outcome. Good luck!

I just got the call I was approved for surgery on March 16th. Anyways up to this point I was excited for surgery but now all I feel is nervous and scared. Has anyone felt that way before ?

I felt the same way but once I got to the hospital on the day of surgery all of my anxieties melted away.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the BariatricPal App

Yes, up to the day of my surgery I was feeling like that. Even more when they took me in the room. What make me start relaxing is the wonderful team I had letting me know that everything will be ok.

From me to you, everything will be ok. Look pass the surgery and look to a brand new YOU.

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

I would say that you would have to be crazy not to be scared. Having surgery is scary. I remember when I was being wheeled into the operating room I was talking to a group of doctors and they asked me if I was scared. I told them that I was but that I didn't have the choice of me not having the surgery. They questioned me saying "you always have a choice". I replied, if I don't have this surgery I will be dead before I turn 30, so to me it's not a choice it's an inevitably. Either I have the surgery and live or don't have it and die. At my highest weight I was 540 pounds, I now weigh 250. This surgery saved my life and it was the best decision of my life. Be strong and remember that you are choosing to have a better life. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using BariatricPal mobile app

I just got the call I was approved for surgery on March 16th. Anyways up to this point I was excited for surgery but now all I feel is nervous and scared. Has anyone felt that way before ?

Yea. I felt the same way. Was sleeved 3 days ago. 2/6/17 in a little pain but Im so thankful for the opportunity of a new lifestyle.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App