Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes. 2 week diet for me. I honestly thought the doc would give me a week since I'm under 40 bmi but I'm not upset. It'll give me a couple weeks of losing extra weight. Good luck to you as well !!!

I went to the doctor yesterday mattafact I gained 3 pounds but he said was okay don't worry about the scale

Where my diet is strict liquid it's going to be hard

23 minutes ago, ck2kramer said:

Yes. 2 week diet for me. I honestly thought the doc would give me a week since I'm under 40 bmi but I'm not upset. It'll give me a couple weeks of losing extra weight. Good luck to you as well !!!

It's just different doctors do different things. I have a 59.9 bmi and I don't have any kind of liquid diet, just lower carb/high Protein before and after. Congratulations on your date and good luck!!

1 hour ago, lovealwaysrosie said:

I just finished my last Nut visit. I'm officially done with everything!!! Now time to submit to insurance for approval. Ahhhhhh can't believe I am so so close!

Now the nerves have set in just waiting for approval, pray for me guys emoji24.pngemoji1374.png

Good luck Rosie!! I thought you were done, done, done since you already had your surgery date. Where my doctor has zero liquid diet on my plan, he was/is a stickler about having everything done before submitting to insurance. Once cleared and accepted, then finally he gave me my date. That's where I'm jealous. Some here had their date at their first appointment.

Crossing my fingers you'll hear something soon :780_sparkling_heart:

Good luck Rosie!! I thought you were done, done, done since you already had your surgery date. Where my doctor has zero liquid diet on my plan, he was/is a stickler about having everything done before submitting to insurance. Once cleared and accepted, then finally he gave me my date. That's where I'm jealous. Some here had their date at their first appointment.
Crossing my fingers you'll hear something soon :780_sparkling_heart:

Thank you so much!!!!
I made sure to get all the important doctor visits done from the very beginning, I had gotten 3 clearances in the first 2/3 months so they saw I was serious and gave me a date before I completed everything.
I have my final apt next week with my surgeon and that's when I find out how long I will be on the pre op diet and if it's going to be all liquid or liquid and low carb.

They should be submitting it on Friday hopefully! Then it's just a waiting game.

You got your approval from insurance already?

2 minutes ago, lovealwaysrosie said:

Thank you so much!!!!
I made sure to get all the important doctor visits done from the very beginning, I had gotten 3 clearances in the first 2/3 months so they saw I was serious and gave me a date before I completed everything.
I have my final apt next week with my surgeon and that's when I find out how long I will be on the pre op diet and if it's going to be all liquid or liquid and low carb.

They should be submitting it on Friday hopefully! Then it's just a waiting game.

You got your approval from insurance already?

Yes, I do. My approval came within 5 hours of being submitted. I think I got it back on February 24th. When I had my first doctor's appt on December 21st, I brought with me every single results, lab work, ultrasound cd, they could want or need. I already had my sleep study, chest x-ray, mammogram, pap smear, labs, ultrasound of my liver/gallbladder, just everything you can think of, I had. I just wanted that appointment as soon as possible. But I still didn't get a date. In fact, I didn't hear from them for a month. I kept waiting for a letter saying what they still need and that letter was supposed to come a week after my appointment. But because of the holidays and the case manager's vacation afterwards, it took a month and several phone calls to get the ball rolling.

I would've had this surgery in March, but last August we planned a family cruise for April 2nd. The doctor didn't want me flying until six weeks after the surgery due to blood clotting, so I got pushed to April. They recently lost a patient because she flew two weeks after surgery and wasn't taking her injections like she was supposed to. I guess she died on the plane, so now they're really strict on the 'no flying for six week' rule. I wonder how the Mexico vsg'ers do it? Don't they fly back home about a week afterwards?

On 3/24/2017 at 8:48 AM, lovealwaysrosie said:

IMG_7136.JPG

Anyone else have a countdown going? Ahhh I'm way to excited to start this new life journey!

If you have Instagram or snapchat feel free to add me @ lovealwaysrosie so we can support each other!

Best of luck to everyone ❣️

What app do you use for this?

1 hour ago, ck2kramer said:

It is not all about loosing weight your liver have be small also or surgery will be much hard on you

2 hours ago, lovealwaysrosie said:

I just finished my last Nut visit. I'm officially done with everything!!! Now time to submit to insurance for approval. Ahhhhhh can't believe I am so so close!

Now the nerves have set in just waiting for approval, pray for me guys emoji24.pngemoji1374.png

I can attest to the nerves! I have insurance approval so I am just waiting for my pre-op appointment with my surgeon and I start my liquid diet the same day. Everything else is complete and now I just have to wait. Waiting is nerve-wracking!

Edited by ssully

2 minutes ago, browneyesdebra said:

It is not all about loosing weight your liver have be small also or surgery will be much hard on you

You're right about that. That's the main reason they have us do it.

6 minutes ago, ssully said:

What app do you use for this?

1 minute ago, ssully said:

I can attest to the nerves! I am just waiting for my pre-op appointment with me surgeon and I start my liquid diet the same day. Everything else is complete and now I just have to wait. Waiting is nerve-wracking!

I start my diet before I go to my pre-op my apptiontment on April 10 and start my diet April 3 surgery April 17

i;

i'm scheduled for 18 april