Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I drank a small shot last night and it burned and ached inside of my stomach for at least 5 minutes. The pain was excruciating! Needless to say that will be the last time I do that! Has anyone had a similar experience?

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

I had a scotch on the rocks about 2 months after my surgery. But I sipped it and it was probably watered down by the time I finished. I didn't experience any problems. Could be also because I take protonix 2 X daily.

Almost 8 weeks out. Today has been terrible. All day I've had the same burning pain that I had when I drank. It's like it's eating through my stomach. If it doesn't stop soon I'm going to the er

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

That happen to my cousin everytime she drank liquor. She has acid reflex real bad after she was sleeved. Are you on acid reflex medicine? If not take something over the counter and see if that helps. Just a suggestion. I don't want to influence you from not going to ER if you feel that bad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I think I'll just forego alcohol for the rest of my life. I'm fine without it. But reading the risks, I can't put myself in that position and don't want to. Be careful to those who decide to have it. Enjoy it safely for me.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Same here. I'm 7 weeks out and I'll have a small glass or two a few nights a week. It's weird, when I tried Riesling (sweet higher sugar white wine for those who don't know) it never really hit me. I thought something was wrong with me and I still had my tolerance from before surgery. But as soon as I tried a drier red and white it definitely hits me faster. I just go slow and enjoy it.

I began drinking wine in my 6th week and have had no problems.

I was told no alcohol for 6 months

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

According to some, not all.

Alcohol is not supposed to be consumed for several months out.

If you aren't into alcohol or "avoiding it for the rest of your life" and all that.... Why are u on this thread then?

Soooooo NOT a teachable moment yo..... Ijs

I use to be a wine consultant, so wine is my favorite! I also drank it in moderation. And actually before I decided on surgery my NUT told me I could have 4 oz a day. But when I decided on surgery I stopped drinking. And it was refreshing. I save so much $ too. Because I would open a bottle and then drink a glass and that be it. Red wine is only good for two days once opened.

But now I am six weeks out and still no craving for alcohol. I set a goal though. Going on vacation end of March to New Orleans so planning to have a drink or two. Wine has sugar so I'll make sure to have no sugar foods that time.

I also know that it's all temporary. I'm still in healing phase.

The key is Moderation!