Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Banded in Calgary - Sept. 25

Hello JJ

Glad your surgery was succussful, and welcome to the band side of life, now for a new and thinner you. Good luck and congratulations.

Maria :rose:

Hey JJ, welcome to bandland. I'm glad everything went well with your surgery. You are embarking on an amazing journey with many ups and downs. The wonderful part is... you are taking charge of your life and more importantly your health. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

P.S. - My hunger didn't kick in until the 3rd week. Everyone is different but you might be surprised at how much your perception of hunger will change right from the get go.

Welcome aboard.

I found that a heating pad really helped with the sore shoulder. I used the Gas-Ex strips as well. If for nothing else they helpes with the gross tatse in my mouth.

Andrew

Not doing too badly today - a fair bit of pain, but I am taking drugs so it is bearable. I have been drinking quite a bit and it seems to be going down well.

I had a bit of a freak out - I got on the scale and weighed 7 pounds MORE than the morning of the surgery. Since I have had nothing to eat and barely any calories, I am assuming that I am retaining lots of Water. Thats my story anyways and I am sticking to it!!

Anybody else dumb enought to weigh right after surgery? Did any of you experience the same?

Not doing too badly today - a fair bit of pain, but I am taking drugs so it is bearable. I have been drinking quite a bit and it seems to be going down well.

I had a bit of a freak out - I got on the scale and weighed 7 pounds MORE than the morning of the surgery. Since I have had nothing to eat and barely any calories, I am assuming that I am retaining lots of Water. Thats my story anyways and I am sticking to it!!

Anybody else dumb enought to weigh right after surgery? Did any of you experience the same?

Dont worry about the scale. I know I was heavier after surgery. I think it is just you body swelling and holding fluids.

Keep taking you pain meds too. For me it was all about pain management.

Andrew

Congrats on your surgery. It is a journey, be patient with yourself and remember one day at a time. You will do great!!

I have lost the 7 pounds that I gained by having surgery:whoo:but I haven't been really hungry either, so my daily calorie intake has been very low - about 600-700 calories. My clinic says thin fluids the first week (no thicker than milk) so I have been having Soups, popsicles, Protein shakes and diet Jello. I have no problem drinking them, and can eat a whole can of reconstituted Tomato Soup at a sitting (I take my time).

I am actually quite grateful that I am not physically "craving" food (although I have to tell you - one more KFC commercial and I just might have to throw my TV out the window- my head is much slower than my stomach).

For those of you who like Tim Horton's Ice Caps, I got this fabulous recipe: (105 calories) ;)

1 cup skim milk

2 tsp instant coffee

1 Tbsp cocoa

5 packets splenda (or to taste)

5 ice cubes

Blend all the ingredients in a blender

Makes about 2 cups and is a great way to get some Calcium and sweet taste without a who lot of calories! I don't like milk, so I struggle getting in the Calcium I need. If I sip, I can drink the whole thing.

I have lost the 7 pounds that I gained by having surgery:whoo:but I haven't been really hungry either, so my daily calorie intake has been very low - about 600-700 calories. My clinic says thin fluids the first week (no thicker than milk) so I have been having Soups, popsicles, Protein shakes and diet Jello. I have no problem drinking them, and can eat a whole can of reconstituted Tomato Soup at a sitting (I take my time).

That is good. Take your time and you will be fine. Sounds like you are i=on the right track.

I am actually quite grateful that I am not physically "craving" food (although I have to tell you - one more KFC commercial and I just might have to throw my TV out the window- my head is much slower than my stomach).

Have you seen the one with the chicken fries with the cheese injected into the middle barfsmiley.gif. What the hell are the doing to food these days. Obiesity epidemic? What obiesity epidemic?:noidea:

Andrew

Hi Andrew-

That is EXACTLY the commercial I was talking about!!!! I so don't like process cheese, but with that commercial showing every 15 minutes, it is hard to resist. I wonder if people ever get it twice? I have a problem with eating during the evening and I have noticed that night time TV is one fast food commercial after another.

I kind of started "mushies" today. So far I have had a YOP (yogurt drink) and a small unsweetened applesauce (about 3 houra apart). Easy enough to eat, although I am not sure that I am quite ready, since I am feeling somewhat nautious. Maybe that is from a lack of food though?

Jacquie