Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got some information when I called Kaiser today

I called KAISER today to find out about the orientation and the 12 week Options class for those who have Kaiser. The nurse told me that once you start the 12 week class and you finish you can get a choice of a few surgeons and you can call them to see what their surgery dates would be she also did tell me that you can get on a cancellation list with the surgeon as well She said most patients get surgery dates within a month after completing the options class she said it's fairly quick as long as you do all the requirements that the doctors want. so I'm pretty excited I start my option class February 7. The nurse also told me as far as staying in the hospital him some patients can get out one day after their surgery as long as they drink their Water ether brought stuff like that hoping I don't have to stay in for 2 days...

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm Kaiser as well. Fairly similar feedback, except we are 6 week classes out here. But I was tole surgery 2-4 weeks after classes are done. Surgery is about an hour long and I can expect one night in the hospital as I'm not high risk. I'm assuming others with certain comorbidities or on the heavier end of heavy may need another night.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

I went through Kaisers 12 week program, hopefully my timeline can help :)! These are all 2016 dates btw lol

Met with my PCP, said I want to look into getting the surgery, she then referred me to the bariatric program: May 10th

Was contacted by the guy who schedules the classes in mid may to book my overview.

Initial Options program overview: June 6th

(This is where I signed up for my classes)

Options class began: July 11th

Mid point appt: Aug 17, I got all my labs, EKG and other test done this day as well, I was there forever!

Because my class was on mondays, due to the Labor Day holiday it was 13 weeks (not 12) because we didn't have class. I also missed a class (so I had to make up one) so I didn't officially end class till Oct 10th (my official class end was scheduled to end Oct 3).

Final Appt with Bariatric Dr: Oct 17 (this is so I could get REFERRED to the surgeon)

Surgeon Appt: Oct 31

First Surgery schedule: Nov 4th but due to a scheduling mishap (ughhhh) it was rescheduled to Nov 30th

Come Monday I'll be 2 months post op :)

Edited by Moon Princess

Hi Moon

Thanks for listing the information so it basically took you about 5 months from start to finish as having the surgery

How are you doing with weight loss if you don't mind me asking.

Also what City and state did you have your surgery in

Sure, my stats are:

Highest weight: 285

Surgery weight: 268

Current weight: 239

Total weight loss: 46lbs

I've been struggling a fair bit, i didn't lose any weight for a while after my liquid diet because I indulged a little when I could eat solids again, but I'm back on track and things are going well.

I'm in Los Angeles, CA. Had my surgery at West LA medical center.

I DID have to lose 10% of my weight before my surgery, and it was difficult since it was over thanksgiving. I have always done the low carb high Protein diet. And to be honest, I lost most of the 10% in about 3 weeks before class ended (just so I could make the weight, yeah, I'm bad). I did it by eating high Protein (poke bowls were a constant thing in my life), no sugar, and walking a lot.

I went through those classes. It took me a while because it was once a week for 12 weeks. I finished my classes in November and I barley met my surgeon yesterday for the first time. But it was worth it and I'm so excited!