Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I dont think i will eat bread again, i have tried it a couple of times but it got stuck and hurt so much.. im to scared to give it another go, think your brave gillian lol x

either brave or daft!. i keep trying things, knowing that they may really hurt..but i do. one thing that really hurts is anything potato (except crisps!) so im ok there cos ill not be touching chips again, and i used to have chips with everything!.not too bothered about crisps anyway. i have bought a Pasta ready meal for tea..i dont even like pasta so dunno why, just thought it may go down ok!(rice doesnt go down either easily by the way!).dogs will be happy if it doesnt! x

lol, i find im ok with Pasta but not with rice x

isnt it wierd what goes down and what doesnt!..i cant eat mash potato, but can eat tortilla chips!..i tried to eat a plum other day, and the skin on it got stuck..ooh that hurt too! but millies Cookies (very naughty!) go down ok! x

lol, i find im ok with Pasta but not with rice x

ouch, that pasta didnt go down at all!.so had 2 french fancies for my tea!.x

Hi everyone, hope all goes well for you all 2moz having your fills. :glare:

I am feeling a bit pissed off, I went to docs last nite to let them know that I was having my op with Dr Chris in Belgium. I was told last year 3 times that my doc had wrote to NHS hossi's for me to have the op. I was still waiting rite up till yesterday for a reply from any of the hossi's. When I spoke to 1 of the docs last nite I was told that only 1 letter was ever sent whcih was Oct last year which was the 1st letter, No other doc from the surgery has sent any other letter to any hossi. Then I explained that I was going to see Dr Chris and he would be doing the op, He informed me that I should be supporting our docs over here and that my doc and the surgery would not be giving or helping me with any after care. He then did a print off of a doc who does the gastric band over here at Manchester and said give him a ring and ask him how much he would charge me for any after care. I was gutted, still not sure what I am going to do. I am going to try and have a think over the weekend and then sort something out. I am also thinking of making a complaint to our local PCT xx

Soz to all of you for my moaning, if any of you have any advise please help lolxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am feeling a bit pissed off, I went to docs last nite to let them know that I was having my op with Dr Chris in Belgium. I was told last year 3 times that my doc had wrote to NHS hossi's for me to have the op. I was still waiting rite up till yesterday for a reply from any of the hossi's. When I spoke to 1 of the docs last nite I was told that only 1 letter was ever sent whcih was Oct last year which was the 1st letter, No other doc from the surgery has sent any other letter to any hossi. Then I explained that I was going to see Dr Chris and he would be doing the op, He informed me that I should be supporting our docs over here and that my doc and the surgery would not be giving or helping me with any after care. He then did a print off of a doc who does the gastric band over here at Manchester and said give him a ring and ask him how much he would charge me for any after care. I was gutted, still not sure what I am going to do. I am going to try and have a think over the weekend and then sort something out. I am also thinking of making a complaint to our local PCT xx

Soz to all of you for my moaning, if any of you have any advise please help lolxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi mandy i was on the nhs waiting list for two years for the band .I was then told by the surgeon to come back and see him in six months as there was no funding.For me this was the final straw and thats why i booked with dr chris.When i had the op i went to my dr to see if they could provide aftercare .He wrote to the surgeon who was going to do the band on the nhs and he wrote back and said that there was not any funding for aftercare either.But if i wanted to go to him private he would do my fills for £300 each i dont think so.If the doctors in this country were doing the op as cheap as dr chris and giving the same standered of care we would not be going to belgium.So if i was you i would get your op from dr chris and get your fills from him or wls group who do a package for fills and not for £300 each.x

Hi mandy i was on the nhs waiting list for two years for the band .I was then told by the surgeon to come back and see him in six months as there was no funding.For me this was the final straw and thats why i booked with dr chris.When i had the op i went to my dr to see if they could provide aftercare .He wrote to the surgeon who was going to do the band on the nhs and he wrote back and said that there was not any funding for aftercare either.But if i wanted to go to him private he would do my fills for £300 each i dont think so.If the doctors in this country were doing the op as cheap as dr chris and giving the same standered of care we would not be going to belgium.So if i was you i would get your op from dr chris and get your fills from him or wls group who do a package for fills and not for £300 each.x

i say the same as boboboldy mandy!..it costs twice as much over here for the band.and some doctors seem to be making a lot of money out of it too..if they didnt charge as much then i would have "supported" our uk doctors. like most of the people on here, my doctor was supportive..and after i got back, very impressed..she says she will be keeping her eye on me like a hawk and sending her patients over to chris in their droves. she didnt blame me at all for going abroad and said that she was only sorry that i couldnt get it done on NHS over here as it will be seen as preventative surgery soon enough, and that will save the NHS money in the future on treating you for things you WONT need,,its already recognised in america as that. i think we need to "support" ourselves and get the help that we need, not our uk doctors. and £300 for a fill?!..why? my fill nurse at WLS charges £80, and does it all day every day for anyones patients, it only takes a minute too!. I do feel for you cos after we make the descision to look after ourselves, we want "support" not criticising..its not fair. good luck with whatever you do, and make the right descision for you x

Oh poor you Mandy, doesnt your GP know you have feelings he/she sounds very insensitive, if you could afford to pay for the op in the UK you prolly wouldnt have asked for NHS funding in the first place, what a plonka.

And how much money are you saving the NHS paying for the op yourself???

The band I had originally cost in between £1500 and £2000, dont know what this new one cost. Then there's the 2 doctors fees.

Ignore the GP, you will be fine, you wont need any aftercare from them.

I wonder what exactly they mean by that anyway:blink:

Its not as if you're expecting free fills from the NHS is it...duh, I feel sorry for you Mandy, most of our GPs have been very supportive, but i spose there's always one.

That part about the UK doctors, most of them are foreign anyway I know mine is lol.

Edited by Freckles
spelling

Forgot to say I have put on 2 lbs since I had my op, so am hoping that he gives me a good fill, cos paying £90 for a couple of drops of saline is not on crying.gif

I know its cos of the no smoking, and I can eat anything and everything now.

Bring on the fills. shopping.gif

Hi mandy, i have to agree with gillian and bobobaldy.. the surgeons over here are obviously taking advantage of people who are desperate and would do anything as a last resort with there weight, my dr like gillians was made up for me and gave me her blessing (she had heard about dr chris), the staff over there are 2nd to none.. the hospital so much cleaner than ours not to mention a couple of thousand cheaper, I would not pay the prices for surgery over here when you can save yourself a lot of money x

O freckles 2lb isnt a lot but understand you must feel peed off with it, i know i would. Fingers crossed once you get your fill it will come off and lots more lol x

Ahh thanx Wishful, I am sure it will, if it doesnt I may start smoking, so be prepared, but I dont think so, cos now i feel much better apart from feeling fat angry2.gif

Hi all hope your well just back from the isle of skye, been a long couple of days 6 hrs driving each day but all good got the business so off to bed and up early to drive to manchester, hope fred can find my port and get me a wee fill. Keep you posted.

Gx

Hi Mandy, so sorry to hear that about your GP so in sensitive,dont they realize you wouldn't be going to Belgium if they made it affordable there just to greedy its even more expensive over here, my GP was very supportive he agreed with me its outrageous what they charge over here your GP should be delighted your trying to do something about your health,Mandy you do whats best for you lol all i can say is if you do go with doc Chris you wont regret it lol x:smile:

Good luck guy's with your fills tomorrow:thumbup: