Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Oh and freckles good news about ur mum hopefully she'l be closer to ur home in no time and things will get a little easier its very draining having to run to the hospital and get washing done the whole time

had a spoon of mashed veg an its a little stuck and thats something id never get stuck on so im happy with that too

Had you worked yourself up hunny, cos you know what happens to your band if you get a bit stressed?

Funny how bread goes down and mashed veg can stick.but I remember my band worked differently every single day, in that some days I could eat stuff I couldnt the day before or the day after.

They are a bit tempermental I think...

She had .5ml one month after being banded, then 2ml 3 months later, then when the surgeon was happy she had healed properly they arranged a fill under xray, she drank barium meal whilst they tightened the band, they could then see how quickly or slowely things were passing through her band, the total volume she required was 8.75ml, she has the same band as us max 9ml, and the surgeon confirmed that the more weight you lost or the smaller you are are the more fill you require (that why the band dont give a very good result on lower bmi or less that 35).

The other very strange thing he said was if Sian reached the full 9ml capacity, and stopped loosing weight he could still make the band work if she had an unfill for about 2 weeks then re-filled it again, dont know why that works, but he's prepared to do it free of charge so as long as it works its got to be good news

Hi mmm. I was never told anything about the band not working as well for lower BMI's! I was borderline, about 35 or a touch below but no-one ever mentioned this to me. I feel quite disheartened now as I haven't had much weight loss recently too. I also find it strange then that bandsters don't stop losing once they get down to a BMI of 35 if that is the point where it stops being so successful, but yet most people do get down to around their target weight which will be a lot lower than 35. Feeling quite confused now and wondering if I have wasted money being banded in the first place. Is your weight loss going ok? Bigsister x.

Hi freckles yeah i know im shocked at the veg but long may it last maybe i wil get a little restriction over the next few days i think some people said it can take a week to kick in at times so im still hopefull now but i wont be trying bread today after the veg i think it will take me a day to eat this dinner now lol

Hi mmm. I was never told anything about the band not working as well for lower BMI's! I was borderline, about 35 or a touch below but no-one ever mentioned this to me. I feel quite disheartened now as I haven't had much weight loss recently too. I also find it strange then that bandsters don't stop losing once they get down to a BMI of 35 if that is the point where it stops being so successful, but yet most people do get down to around their target weight which will be a lot lower than 35. Feeling quite confused now and wondering if I have wasted money being banded in the first place. Is your weight loss going ok? Bigsister x.

Dont get worried big sis, the band still works on lower bmi starting at 35 its just a bit slower, thats all, and you will still get to target, its not so fast but we will get there, but its great to know that all bandsters can get to a safe weight quickly and then gently get to target. BUT I WISH IT WAS FASTER. I wish I could ask for max fill and then get it reduced, week by week, til it was right. ha ha .

Dont get worried big sis, the band still works on lower bmi starting at 35 its just a bit slower, thats all, and you will still get to target, its not so fast but we will get there, but its great to know that all bandsters can get to a safe weight quickly and then gently get to target. BUT I WISH IT WAS FASTER. I wish I could ask for max fill and then get it reduced, week by week, til it was right. ha ha .

I agree mmm, wishing it could be just a bit quicker. Despite saying I was ok with a slower loss, I had expected I would have lost more than this by now and am feeling a bit impatient cos most of the time, I really do stick to the rules which is hard when you feel you're not really getting anywhere. It is still fairly early days tho I expect. Thanks for reassuring me, Bigsis x.

:smile:Flirty, i have just been reading in my gastric band book about that...you can lose any restriction you have as you lose weight, as you are losing weight off your organs too. you have layers of fat around your stomach under the band and as you lose the weight the fat dissappears and the band "loosens" so you need it re filled to get some restriction again. and yes, the lower your BMI, the slower you will lose the weight too..you will still lose it but slower..so nobody be worrying! x

:eek: Bigsister, that ground rice you made me was gorgeous..it went down well, and i am planning on making some myself tomorrow..Sam is mad on it too..thanks!

Ah thanx Mandy, I love the cuteness of them.

Big sis, I think my bmi was about 35 last time I had the op, and the only thing I was told that may stop anyone losing weight fast was if they were a grazer, and guess what, thats me rabbit.gif

'Ello there!

Not been on for a few days. Hubby is back at work so I'm on my own for a couple of months. I don't get as much time to play!!

I hope everyone is OK and good luck Can't Weight!!

Flirty - you poor thing. You should be proud you have lost so much weight with no restriction.

Freckles - hope ur mom is doing OK

I went for an in touch day at work today. We went out for lunch. I had a couple of small pieces of french bread that went down OK but the cous cous didn't! Ouch!!

I can't wait for my fill on Thursday and hope to see at least a few of you!!

Gillian - the ground rice sounds yum! :eek:

Mmm do keep us informed about your daughter. It's one of the reasons I had the band. I would like another baby in a year or so and don't want to put on another 3-4 stone! I really struggled near the end of the pregnancy with pelvis gurdle pain and v v swollen 'elephant' feet!

Hi freckles yeah i can still eat quite large portions... But im wondering if maybe cos iv lost a fair bit of weight i'm playing catch up with restriction as im losing the fat and band getting loser im just thinking of anything here cos i would hate to think there was something wrong i dont really like mailing dr chris or fred cos im always mailing complaining about restriction my friend is now thinking of gettin the band in july and if she is il be going with her so il get my xray or whatever it is then i know ur ment to get it done every 12 months but think il get it checked then just to make sure all is alright

i would not be feeling bad about asking thats what their there for, its what you paid for, i cant fault them on the ammount of commujnication i had about lump, so you mail dr chris direct and copy fred.

Gx

Bigsis/Gillian - how do you make the ground rice? My baby may like it and I'm sure I could help him out if he gets full! :eek: