Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Garry it took us an hour from charleroi airport to villvoorde..think taxi is expensive, we hired a car there which wasnt bad,...have a look at "charleroi transfer.com" its like a shared taxi service, its cheaper..would you be staying overnight or flying back the same day? its a shame, but can understand you want it sorting..esp in time for that stag do. my port area was a right pain its only just settled down after about 10 weeks post op...hope you get it sorted once and for all x

thanks for that will have awee look, think you can train as well will decide wether i am going or not and take it fromthere.

Gx

The nearest one for me seems like Preston, looks like its going to be Southampton after all :thumbup:

Thanx BigSis and Mmm.

Hi mandy dont worry about dr chris being over here the day before your op.. he will still be there, it was like that when we went for ours x

This may be a silly question but I am due to fly to Belgium tomorrow for my op on 31st and was wondering where the best place to get yoghurt or Soup as suggested in the information I have been supplied with. Also I think I have everything sorted but any last minute tips or advice?

Hi perky i took a slim fast with me and a couple of cup a Soups for the day after the surgery, i only managed less than half of 1 cup a soup, i got some apple juice when i was there but thought it was awful so i just drank water.. make sure you get as much rest as poss. Goodluck and i look forward to reading your posts when your feeling up to it x

Hi I am Dawn

I am due to have my Op on 29th May and will be staying at the Hotel Campanile Vilvoorde .. I am looking Forward and hope that the Positives will outweigh the negatives, especially Healthwise.. and can't wait to start feeling Happy Again!

Southampton Uk

Hi dawn and welcome to the forum, you will get loads of info from past posts and if there is anything you want to know just ask away, everyone has been in your position (pre op). I got banded in jan and i can already see the benefits, i can walk further and longer, hardly ever get out of breath and iv still got a lot of weight to lose yet.. i'll be running up the mountains in 12 months lol.

Hi Everyone!

I just had my second fill 3 days ago. I can feel everything going down, even Water, and it doesn't feel too nice. Has anyone else had this happen? Please tell me it will loosen up some. Also, anybody else having these strange noises coming out of their throats after they eat or drink? :thumbup:

Thanks-T

hi all

as you know i am thinking on going to belgium for a further fill and check up due to hematoma. I can get a low cost flight to the other airport with ryanair. can anyone who as used it please advise costs on train/taxi to vilvoorde and the travel time. Did not want to go this way after op due to pain but for this the extra travel outways the cost.

Thanks

Gx

Sorry you are having Problems with the Port area, and have a Haematoma, is it a large one? this is a collection of Blood under the skin due to trauma... has is Burst ? does it hurt you? I am a Community Nurse may be able to advise you on a temporary solution , have you seen your GP?? Have you got to have another Op to resite the port?

I have booked A flight from Southampton through OSOBO site with {FLYBE} and return it was about £102 all in...

Best of Luck to you , good old Bag frozen Peas may Help!

Regards Dawn x

Edited by Richardson

Hi dawn and welcome to the forum, you will get loads of info from past posts and if there is anything you want to know just ask away, everyone has been in your position (pre op). I got banded in jan and i can already see the benefits, i can walk further and longer, hardly ever get out of breath and iv still got a lot of weight to lose yet.. i'll be running up the mountains in 12 months lol.

Awwwwwwww Bless you I love Wales Black Mountains or Brecon ??? Well Done and keep up the good work!!

Dawn x

Sorry you are having Problems with the Port area, and have a Haematoma, is it a large one? this is a collection of Blood under the skin due to trauma... has is Burst ? does it hurt you? I am a Community Nurse may be able to advise you on a temporary solution , have you seen your GP?? Have you got to have another Op to resite the port?

I have booked A flight from Southampton through OSOBO and return it was about £102 all in...

Regards Dawn x

Haematoma is not uncommon and is just a problem that can arise with anyone, did they ask you to wear TED stockings after the op? incase of DVT which is a risk anyone can suffer as well.

Please ask any questions if I can Advise I will Help.

Dawnx

Hi Everyone!

I just had my second fill 3 days ago. I can feel everything going down, even Water, and it doesn't feel too nice. Has anyone else had this happen? Please tell me it will loosen up some. Also, anybody else having these strange noises coming out of their throats after they eat or drink? :thumbup:

Thanks-T

Hi tamisu i had this feeling after my 1st fill but i didnt feel any difference after my 2nd, im sure yours will start to loosen up.. wish mine was like that now. I go for my 3rd fill next week so i hope i will get some restriction from that. How much have you got in your band now? x

Hi dawn evryone has to wear stockings, they are put on before surgery and you have to leave them on for about 7 - 10 days after x

I have booked A flight from Southampton through OSOBO site with {FLYBE} and return it was about £102 all in...

Regards Dawn x

Hi Dawn

I dont think there is any problems with port are just in a slightly different position than i and Dr Chris thought but i can understand as when lying down everythin is in a different place as to standing up when you have a lot of extra fat. The hematome is not painful, Dr c managed to drain about 60% out it last week with a syringe, if i push against it if i am sitting at a table then its a little uncomfortable but not really sore. As far as is it burst, i am not sure but i would say it is going down slowly, Dr c told me it could take some time to disperse back into system. Its probably between a golf an tennis ball in size.

I am undecided whether to go over and have an ultrasound but i am kind of thinking its not really bothering me, what do you think.

Gx

Haematoma is not uncommon and is just a problem that can arise with anyone, did they ask you to wear TED stockings after the op? incase of DVT which is a risk anyone can suffer as well.

Please ask any questions if I can Advise I will Help.

Dawnx

yes i wore then for 5 days they were rather fetching

Gx

thanks for that will have awee look, think you can train as well will decide wether i am going or not and take it fromthere.

Gx

yes you can get a train from nearby airport,bet it stops at that station at back of hotel too..good idea! can walk thro that park nearby to hospital too, takes about 15-20 min x