Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I can imagine my wife saying exactly the same thing lol :thumbup:

@ Gary sorry to hear of the probs your having, when are you planning on going to belguim??

Does anyone know if they use a catherter during surgery I was just reading that on another thread and wondered I hope not........A tear came to me eye lol :biggrin::P

No catherter, no fuss with Dr Chris only safe good quality care, and plenty of rest, wipe your eyes, you'll feel a bit bruised and battered, but he is not as invasive as a lot of other surgeons,

Hi Gary, and anyone else who is interested Chris Deprez contact details are: e.mail chris.deprez@ecfs.be and his phone number is +32(0)472 303 321 he does not use Julie Mackintosh to arrange his appointments, but sorts them out himself, he band fills for patients other than ecfs clients aswell

Thanks - that's good to know. Do you know where he has clinics? I'm in Reading and the nearest place the other Dr Chris goes is London which can be a bit of a pain. x

Thanks - that's good to know. Do you know where he has clinics? I'm in Reading and the nearest place the other Dr Chris goes is London which can be a bit of a pain. x

I've no idea, but I've just sent him an e.mail, if he responds I'll post results here.

:P im off for my third fill in leeds this afternoon (with bigsister)..wendy has wrote on my notes that im a "needle phobic"!. i am getting better though!.. she offered to get the very nice bloke who weighed me etc in the next room in to hold my hand, she said he was very good at it...but i just gritted my teeth and got on with it!..i was on and off the table in one minute and couldnt feel anything hardly...so why do i turn to a jibbering wreck at just the thought?! i have just had an enormous bowl of museli, and it flew down.i seem fine in the morning and afternoon, but teatime meals seem to get uncomfortable..are others like this?..i think its maybe cos i just sit there and do nowt..and think a bit of walking around may help it?..hope this fill is a good one, and then having one more fill in two weeks in sheffield nearby..then i hope i "will be in a good place" as wendy calls it.I have paid for 6 months unlimited package though so will be going back for the weigh in every month in sheffield no matter what. thing is after your fill you have to wait a good week before you know your proper restriction dont you..so can only report this next week..ill let you know!. i am quite hopefull with this fill though, i know everyone is different,but being a big fast eater (or trougher!), i will feel the restriction quicker i think..although if im forced to slow down with the restriction (which will be a good thing) i may get used to that and need another prob? well see! x

Good luck Gillian!! I am thinking about doing the WLS package as I am probably going to have to go into London anyway and like you said you can have unlimited fills in 6 months! Are they nice? Would you recommend? It is Wendy who also goes to London.

I know this is Dr Chris's thread, but I just wanted to show you my surgeon...Michael Van den Bossche.

If you watch this lady's video, quite early on in the clip, you see her going to the Spire, Southampton, and then she talks with Michael.

Aint he sexy:blushing::P

BBC - Inside Out - South - Obesity

On the second clip you'll see the dietitian, Rhoda, she was the one who said I had lost height!!!!

And Michael again.

Thanks Freckles..just watched both parts of that video..its really good..i know its a different op, but very interesting..isnt that great that her surgery was recognised as preventative surgery by the local NHS authority and she got that care..you wouldnt get that everywhere. its got to be true though it can save money on all the future operations, medicines, medical care, and possibly disability and support benefits she would have had...and its gonna change her life too. shes only 40, and has a longer healthier life to look forward to now. My doctor reckons that the NHS will see obesity surgery as the way forward as a preventative surgery in another 5 years or so, and more people will get it..i couldnt wait that long tho! Is Michael van der Bossche from Belgium?..he sounds like chris did. hope your going on well..sorry your port area is tender, mine was very much so, and has only just almost stopped being sore..im not surprised yours is more tender as you have had one removed and another fitted havent you?..or did they just replace the band and tubing?..hope it starts to feel better soon.. "Diclofenac" seemed to help me, it took a week or so to kick in tho, i just had one in the morning when it was at its worst, and effects lasted all day. its on prescription but my husband had a packet left from an op he had on his back last year, so, i know you shouldnt but i tried it! x

Chris Deprez has just e.mailed me back, the combined areas of ECFS include Newport, Bristol, London, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Dublin. I assume Edinburgh and Newport ar Chris Deprez, and the others are Fred and CDB, hope this info helps.

No catherter, no fuss with Dr Chris only safe good quality care, and plenty of rest, wipe your eyes, you'll feel a bit bruised and battered, but he is not as invasive as a lot of other surgeons,

Thanks for putting my mind at ease mmm.........:P

Good luck Gillian!! I am thinking about doing the WLS package as I am probably going to have to go into London anyway and like you said you can have unlimited fills in 6 months! Are they nice? Would you recommend? It is Wendy who also goes to London.

Thankyou Sammy. not sure if its wendy who does the london one..i will ask her today though..yes wendy is lovely, and has a lot of time for you to advise and listen to any problems etc.. i paid for the package when the offer was on.so it was very reasonable.i still would have paid the full price tho, as its only ten mins drive away,and worth it..lets hope they have another offer on for you soon! they do do single fills which i think are around £80-£85 though..if you look on there website youll find out all the details..ill report back later after fill!

Thanks Freckles..just watched both parts of that video..its really good..i know its a different op, but very interesting..isnt that great that her surgery was recognised as preventative surgery by the local NHS authority and she got that care..you wouldnt get that everywhere. its got to be true though it can save money on all the future operations, medicines, medical care, and possibly disability and support benefits she would have had...and its gonna change her life too. shes only 40, and has a longer healthier life to look forward to now. My doctor reckons that the NHS will see obesity surgery as the way forward as a preventative surgery in another 5 years or so, and more people will get it..i couldnt wait that long tho! Is Michael van der Bossche from Belgium?..he sounds like chris did. hope your going on well..sorry your port area is tender, mine was very much so, and has only just almost stopped being sore..im not surprised yours is more tender as you have had one removed and another fitted havent you?..or did they just replace the band and tubing?..hope it starts to feel better soon.. " Diclofenac" seemed to help me, it took a week or so to kick in tho, i just had one in the morning when it was at its worst, and effects lasted all day. its on prescription but my husband had a packet left from an op he had on his back last year, so, i know you shouldnt but i tried it! x

As far as i know Gillian, Michael is Dutch, but he qualified in Belgium.

No hunny he took the whole lot out cos part of the deal with the manufacturer for the free band was to have the faulty one returned to them.

So I have a smaller one this time, I think maybe my last one was too big, because MVDB said he had 3 for me, and he would put in the most suitable, which ended up the small one.

See...me is only slim......picky.gif

MDVB prescribed Lansoprazole (zoton) which , amongst other things is for the treatment of inflammation of the oesophagitis.

They are strawberry flavour and you just dissolve them on your tongue.

They are similar to Diclofenac, as in, they are an anti-inflammatory.

I am still taking one each morning whereas with Diclofenac, you have to take 3 a day.

But the same principal Gillian.:P

As far as i know Gillian, Michael is Dutch, but he qualified in Belgium.

No hunny he took the whole lot out cos part of the deal with the manufacturer for the free band was to have the faulty one returned to them.

So I have a smaller one this time, I think maybe my last one was too big, because MVDB said he had 3 for me, and he would put in the most suitable, which ended up the small one.

See...me is only slim......picky.gif

MDVB prescribed Lansoprazole (zoton) which , amongst other things is for the treatment of inflammation of the oesophagitis.

They are strawberry flavour and you just dissolve them on your tongue.

They are similar to Diclofenac, as in, they are an anti-inflammatory.

I am still taking one each morning whereas with Diclofenac, you have to take 3 a day.

But the same principal Gillian.:P

well i hope they work well for you and you are feeling less sore soon. they seem to be more for that problem, so will prob work better than the diclofenac, i hope. mines only just got better after nearly 11 weeks! no one else seemed to have same prob as me either, just glad its ok now. i have heard of people having there big old port removed and replaced with the newer "low profile" ports as they could see and feel them too much after losing quite a bit of weight..so thats prob what you got?!.x

Probably Gillian, though it does still stick out a bit, nothing like it was or like Garry's, so its just taking longer for the swelling to go down.

I have had a reply from Chris Deprez and he has made me an appointment for 9th April in Manchester with Frederik.

Is he the same Frederik that works with Dr CDB?:P

Hi Freckles, yep you got the Frederick that works with CDB and Chris Deprez, he's very nice, he also assists in theatre with CDB, so he knows what he's doing, all the best my next fill is 24th April (fri) in Newport