Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

After saying all of that about the bread, today I cant eat it, I tried a few mouthfuls, and then I got that awful tightness in my chest and thought I was going to throw up, in fact it feels stuck in my throat.

The only way I know of to relieve this is to force a pb.:)

Sorry to be so graphic, but it needed saying for all you new bandsters.

I didnt have this feeling with my first band before I had a fill, so this one must be working for me....yay!!!!

God i am such a greedy pig:blink:

Edited by Freckles

Hi all i just thought i would give yous an up date after my fill on tue.I have some restriction I think. I had poridge for breaky that went down no problems.I had weight watchers chicken curry for lunch that went down ok but after i had finnished i got a tight feeling in my chest.And for dinner i had chicken peas carrots and potato on a tea plate and that went down ok.Same thing as my lunch a tight feeling after i had finnished.I could not have eaten any more if you put it down to me as it felt uncomfortable so i dont know if this is restriction.Has anybody that has restriction had the feeling of tightness in the chest .It feels as if the bands getting steched.Its not the same feeling as getting stuck as i have had that plenty times.

I read this last night hunny and meant to reply, but after todays episode I remember it well.

The only way I can relieve it is to either force a PB or go outside and do some deep breathing, but that takes longer.

A friend of my daughter used to always keep fizzy pop in the house and if it ever happened to her, she would have a drink of the pop and up the excess food would come.

Btw this girl has now had her band removed because she was losing so much weight that her hair was falling out, and her gp told her that she must.

I am not sure of all the details, but hopefuly will find out asap.

The last time I saw her was 12 months ago when she had gone from a size 20 to a 12, and she was going for a fill.

Hi freckles im glad your new band is working for you, i dont mean im glad your bad lol.. if you know what i mean x

Hi sammy im only about 10 mins from chester myself, it would be fun if we could all meet up.. what a laugh we would have x

That would be great!

Hi Freckles - that sounds like a good tip with the fizzy drink! I did manage to get the toast down eventually but I could feel it getting stuck!! I'm off to the out laws I mean in laws in a minute. That'll be interesting as I haven't (and am not!) told them about the band. We have long sit down meals too - I just hope I don't vomit at the table :)!

What's a 'PB' by the way?!! I'm probably being stupid! :)

Hi Jewy et al,

Yeah that was me ! How are you?? I'm still in stitches (ha ha) - stitches still there...should they not be dissolved by now(banded 17th )...I thought Dr Chris said only the port stitch may need removing by GP...please advise

Hi Dublingirl,

My stitches still there also. I'm going to see the nurse on Wednesday to have the blue stitch out and hopefully the others too! BTW my sister's (Bigbones) blue stitch has disappeared on its own?! :)

Hi Freckles - that sounds like a good tip with the fizzy drink! I did manage to get the toast down eventually but I could feel it getting stuck!! I'm off to the out laws I mean in laws in a minute. That'll be interesting as I haven't (and am not!) told them about the band. We have long sit down meals too - I just hope I don't vomit at the table :w00t:!

What's a 'PB' by the way?!! I'm probably being stupid! :tongue_smilie:

Of course you're not being stupid, if nobodys told you, its not something you'd know.

It's Productive Burping hunny. Good luck with the meal, just keep going to the loo and get rid of some food if it gets too much, I know it sounds dreadful, but thats what my daughter does, and then goes back to the table and starts again lol, she is a case:lol:

I did try that myself too and guess what it works.

Thanx Wishful, I am certainly hoping that I couldnt possibly be unlucky enough to have another faulty band.:ohmy: And this is the way my first one was sposed to work.

gillian, you took the words out of my mouth, we are not lazy, we think and research so much re the op, we do not take this lightly, we want results that will last forever, not just for a few weeks. All my family are very supportive re my op and I am so gratefull for that .

:tongue_smilie: keep your chin up cant weight, you not got so long to go now. you will be fine x

gillian, you took the words out of my mouth, we are not lazy, we think and research so much re the op, we do not take this lightly, we want results that will last forever, not just for a few weeks. All my family are very supportive re my op and I am so gratefull for that .
Thankyou all so much for your kind words & support,

I guess my family are just scared of the unknown and I need to spend a little time telling them more about the procedure,,,

Its amazing how the news spread about like wild fire :ohmy: I started getting calls from distant fam I aint spoke to in ages...

I have spoken to my gran again and she did actually think I was having bypass surgery ( bless her ) she still doesnt like the idea of me going abroad but ive assured her I would be in good hands.....& try not to worry to much...

My uncle told me I should just diet and excercise and not to do the surgery; he said we are a big boned family lol

They dont see how low the weight really makes me feel inside, because im always smiling and joking around... they dont realise sometimes I dont even wanna look in the mirror because of my size my confidence is at a all time low..... was just thinking the other day it would be nice to go swimming or walk down the beach without a top on like most blokes...

the last time I did that was about 16years ago...lol

cant-weight.

Hi everyone,

It's me Fatpants!

Well I have to say that I have not been doing that great, my op area is fine just a little tender as it was bruised. It's the gas/air they pump into you during the op that has been giving me gip! Today is the first day I have not had to go to bed in order to control the pain. Every single day I have had to go to bed as the pain with the air/gas going into my shoulder and back has been so bad, it's been crippling and pain killers didn't help! Touch wood today is the first of many!

A couple of days ago I made the mistake of eating two tiny pieces of pork chop which I chewed really well, stupid me! They did eventually go down but I had to drink some Water to help them along. I have been feeling dizzy and light headed with just Soup, smoothies and semolina, I also find it difficult to remember to drink 2 litres of water. I get easily tired and I feel quite deligate. Will all of this pass does anyone have any ideas?

I am feeling fed up as ......my scales, which are digital, have been taking ages to set on my weight, and they keep lying to me telling different weights each time I go on them, so I changed the batteries, but it made no difference! I went into town today and bought a new pair, they say I am 8 lbs heavier than the last pair so I am feeling a little p***ed **f! Sorry for the lingo!

Sorry I have not been keeping up with you all but I just haven't been feeling up to it!

Fatpants :tongue_smilie:

About the bread thing: I can eat bread easily, I can eat anything easily, that has been the case since the op and also now that I've a fill I can still eat bread, have I got a skinney stomach or something, cos nothing touches the band at any time :tongue_smilie:

I am due to have a band fitted 31st March by Dr Christian de Bruyne. Is there anyone out there who can give me some advice as I am feeling very apprehensive at the moment even though I have been waiting for this for years.

Hi fatpants, im sorry your feeling the way you are but im sure it will all pass, i do still get the wind pain in my shoulder.. not as bad as it was, i just take rennie and it seems to help. iv tried everything else and that seems to help me best. I wouldnt worry about your weight and scales at the minute, the weight is only going to go one way and thats down. Regarding your Fluid intake..i carry a drinks bottle around with me wherever i go, if i go shopping or visiting friends i always have my bottle with me, i never drink anything else. Have you tried the dutch crisp breads? its worth a try and might take the dizzy feeling away, i have mine with a bit of philadelphia light on if i feel i need something.. i think they would be better than the chops lol. i still havnt tried anything like that yet. Things will improve, hopefully you will see a difference everyday x

Hi perky and welcome to the forum, anything in particular you want to know we will try and answer. I think it would do you good to read past threads you will find that a massive help, i got my band fitted in january and being honest its the best thing i have ever done...i would recommend dr chris and his team to anyone looking into having a band fitted.The only thing i would say to you is to stay a day longer in belgium after your op, i really wish i had, i think that extra day would of made all the difference, just ask away how ever big or small we will try and help x

Oh Fatpants you poor thing. Sweetie I really feel for you, but you will improve, are you taking your vits and anti-inflammatory tabs?

My surgeon prescribed Lansoprazole, strawberry flavour that dissolve on the tongue, I also asked my GP to prescribe them when I ran out.

I also take a couple of Arinca tabs ( From Holland & Barrat, or any healthfood store) a day.

I'm sure these have helped me, cos I didnt get hardly any bed rest cos of visiting the hospital to see my Mum almost as soon as I got back from my own surgery.

I still have some pain from my port area and the incision just above my tummy button, which my daughter says is the band around my stomach??? And i was banded just over 4 weeks ago.

I do hope you feel better soon xxx.