Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Booked for the 26th jan :0 well happy just sorted it and got all the money together..I hope just borrowing the last few hundred now! i not sure about the milk only diet probably because i dont like milk that much and never really have. but read into it, some surgeons seem to like it and others don't. One thing i read about it was it was starvation diet, really not sure i want to make myself really weak before surgery, i had a cold before christmas and it lasted about 4 weeks! i don't want another. I just got the email back from europe surgery and it says low fat diet and then we are on liquids only for 10 days after the procedure, if we do liquid only for 2 weeks before that going to be a month without solids i think its too much for me. I going to phone the office in the Uk and check but as i don't even like milk i probably will not go for it. But thanks anyway its good to hear what people are doing.

Hey well done you newies for booking! i booked about a year ago calling the UK office europe surgery for chris and i had all hotels included in the price too. You will not regret it its great to have someone you can call whenever you have problems. BTTurkey just stick to the low fat diet i think a lot of the shakes you can add Water to instead of milk, just doing the 10 days liquid only was quite hard but worth it ! it was the start to my weight loss. Its a start of a new journey for you all but its great buying the new clothes this year in the sales in a lower size ! well done girl and gentleman and happy new year !!

Hey well done you newies for booking! i booked about a year ago calling the UK office europe surgery for chris and i had all hotels included in the price too. You will not regret it its great to have someone you can call whenever you have problems. BTTurkey just stick to the low fat diet i think a lot of the shakes you can add Water to instead of milk, just doing the 10 days liquid only was quite hard but worth it ! it was the start to my weight loss. Its a start of a new journey for you all but its great buying the new clothes this year in the sales in a lower size ! well done girl and gentleman and happy new year !!

hey all i wouldnt worry too much chris says to follow a low fat diet you can just eat normal sensible low fat food, just grill everything and you will be fine all the people i knew who have the band including myself just cut back on their food and they were all fine sure i live on mcdonalds before my op because i was stuck in holland and didnt like the food and im fine,not that im telling anyone to do that just use your head and eat smaller healthier portions so glad you haved you date bt turkey,ps the night before surgery they tell you to eat and drink what you like anyway,lol its like the last supper xx

Nearly there! Leave for belgium on Monday at 7am....slightly apprehensive but mostly excited.

I've read the the most painful part of the surgery is the 'gas/wind' pains experienced immediately post surgey. So really I'm looking for advice on what sot of pain relief anybody used. I was thinking perhaps deflatine and/or windeeze as I know these to be very effective- just not sure if I will be able to use them? Also, in the hospital are you given anything for this type of pain or did you all have to self medicate.

thanks again for all your advice and support to date,

A, x

I was given a paracetamol drip and injection in my bum when I woke up and that was all I needed, they check on you all the time to see if you would like more. When they discharge you they give you a bag with co-codamol, anti-sickness and cleaning Fluid for the op cuts. I also bought some dissolvable co-codamol and some chewy windeze type things when I got home over the counter at the chemist but never really needed them, the only time I ever got gas pain in my shoulder was about 4 days post op I decided to play Just Dance on the wii :( I just took a couple co-codamol and it was gone :D Good Luck!

Nearly there! Leave for belgium on Monday at 7am....slightly apprehensive but mostly excited.

I've read the the most painful part of the surgery is the 'gas/wind' pains experienced immediately post surgey. So really I'm looking for advice on what sot of pain relief anybody used. I was thinking perhaps deflatine and/or windeeze as I know these to be very effective- just not sure if I will be able to use them? Also, in the hospital are you given anything for this type of pain or did you all have to self medicate.

A, x

Hey A,

Congrats on making your booking! I was banded in October last year with Chris and the team. I was very lucky and didn't suffer any trouble with trapped wind at all, neither did the girl who was banded at same time as me. The hospital will give you pain meds as well as anti nausea medicine when you leave. I would strongly advise against self medicating- many over the counter meds like aspirin, ibuprofen etc can thin the blood and so shouldn't be taken after surgery. Paracetemol is what hospital give you, and it should be enough - if not, make sure you tell your pharmacist you've had surgery!!

The team are great! Couple of things I'd recommend - bring a mug/cup if you can as the hotels only have paper cups...bring some smooth Soup for your post op night. Also try and get some smooth yoghurt to have in your hotel room. If you're staying in the campanile hotel, the surrounding area is pretty quiet so you might want to buy bits before arriving.

One more slightly weird thing...bring a couple of sanitary towels! This was an idea of the girl who was with me. Before you leave hospital you have to have an x ray, and the Fluid they give you causes um, an upset tummy. For your flight it may just give you extra peace of mind. I was fine but my room mate was glad to have them with her.

Sorry that sounds a bit grim, but forewarned is fore-armed!!

The team are fantastic, they look after you very well and answer all questions. Good luck and congrats again!!!!

R

Once again - Thanks

A, x

hi A as jojo and cadence have already said you wont really need anything you will get your pain meds and that is all i needed,but windeeze and deflatine will be fine i took cup a Soup and some ready made slim fast but never felt like eating anyway just drank lots of Water, you will be fine hun,travel light to hospital as you wont need much,i wore their nighty so didnt take any pj's i just took the clothes i was wearing and wore these to go back out and a wash bag and small towel,make sure you wear somthing baggy and loose as you tend to bloat up i wore jogging bottoms and large t shirt and crocs as you find it hard to bend down,i just got the parecetamaol in the drip they never gave me the injection in the backside not everyone get it as it is morphine my neice did just depends on how you are after surgery but you will be fine uncomfortable when you come around and your first day but defo gets better each day hope that helps any more questions just ask mandy x

Well what a Christmas and New Year had a fab time and now back in the real world. Got really excited last night as I marked my surgery date on the calendar (9th March) and then counted the weeks to surgery. Went for a long walk with the dog yesterday as now started my program of fitness to help with my recovery. Spoke to Bridget yesterday about my deposit and about to do the transfer today so wish me luck as my computer always likes to make my life complicated. Train tickets booking took me forever as I am sure I am cursed when it comes to IT but I had support and Bridget talked me through the whole thing once I had crashed and burned on my own.

Well Happy New Year to everyone and I hope 2012 makes all your dreams come true.

Oh did I say I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT LETTING OUT THE SLIM ME!

Well what a Christmas and New Year had a fab time and now back in the real world. Got really excited last night as I marked my surgery date on the calendar (9th March) and then counted the weeks to surgery. Went for a long walk with the dog yesterday as now started my program of fitness to help with my recovery. Spoke to Bridget yesterday about my deposit and about to do the transfer today so wish me luck as my computer always likes to make my life complicated. Train tickets booking took me forever as I am sure I am cursed when it comes to IT but I had support and Bridget talked me through the whole thing once I had crashed and burned on my own.

Well Happy New Year to everyone and I hope 2012 makes all your dreams come true.

well done big daddy ! it can be hard getting use to going IT stuff I am not the best at it either they had one computer in the maths classroom when i was at school! yes just call and ask for at the london office europe surgery number thats what i do and bridget helps me with stuff too.mybe we could encourage each other to get thinner? I think thats the thing i need to do start going on walks and swimmming again but its so hard to get out now thats its all cold.maybe i should do get a dog! then I would feel guity and walk it.teeth_smile.gif

Hi

Would like to have a fill in london . Can you recommend a place?

hello they just do it at 4 upper wimpole street london if you call 0208 1444 254 they sort stuff out of you and are really helpful chris comes one thursday and the his senior nurse two weeks later, but you can book the fills and appointments with bridget

Hi Big Daddy, I booked with the london europe surgery office when I went too it does make things a lot simplier and they do have you sort things along the way and the cost the same. You don't pay them in london anyway it all goes to fred and the surgeon their just there to help and the package is the same. I think you have to do the keep fit after you have the band fitted to really make the pounds drop off but its so worth it I feel so much better in my self and have not had the normal colds you get eat year.

I was given a paracetamol drip and injection in my bum when I woke up and that was all I needed, they check on you all the time to see if you would like more. When they discharge you they give you a bag with co-codamol, anti-sickness and cleaning Fluid for the op cuts. I also bought some dissolvable co-codamol and some chewy windeze type things when I got home over the counter at the chemist but never really needed them, the only time I ever got gas pain in my shoulder was about 4 days post op I decided to play Just Dance on the wii sad.png I just took a couple co-codamol and it was gone biggrin.png Good Luck!

I was given strong pain killers too, I really felt ok for the first few days post surgery and was glad because I had read on some forums that some people where in pain. I do think Chris is good for that he gave me the co-codamol too and its worth taking the windeze with you.