Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Nut said never, although admits an occasional drink after a year is fine. As a wine eficinado I tried a fine wine at 3 months out and it took me about an hour amd a half to drink 2 ounces. Ugh. It wasn't the same.

Now nearly 6 months out, I can enjoy a 5 ounce glass whenever, usually once a week.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

I wasn't trying to be nasty. Someone else mentioned beer and I mentioned the carbonation. You asked how people felt and I said that it makes people sick. Hot damn that got nasty quick. Best of luck to you.

Linda

I didn't mention beer and don't see it mentioned anywhere else. Perhaps going forward if you want to quote someone else on someone post you click quote on their specific post. You didn't say sick you may want to go back and read what you wrote and yes the tone was rather rude. Thanks and you too.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

most drs say one year. no carbonation so no beer. the real risk is that you become drunk faster and the long term risk of transferring the food addection to that of alcoholism.

Yes I'm aware of the carbonation and never drank beer no will. Don't like it. Yes I read that but again was interested in people's actual experiences they've had this far. Thanks.

My Nut said never, although admits an occasional drink after a year is fine. As a wine eficinado I tried a fine wine at 3 months out and it took me about an hour amd a half to drink 2 ounces. Ugh. It wasn't the same.

Now nearly 6 months out, I can enjoy a 5 ounce glass whenever, usually once a week.

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

Thanks for your reply! These are the replies I seek actual REAL experiences. Previously I enjoyed wine and cocktails maybe once or twice at month maximum. Not a big drinker but enjoyed them occasionally. So at 6 months do you actually enjoy it as much as before or do you have any different experiences as how to it makes you feel?

Youre welcome.I was just stating what my surgeons guidelines are for me..kicking the carbonated beverages was very hard in my case..I was also comparing and my surgeon seems very strict compared to some others..which is exactly what I need.lol

Sent from my SCH-R960 using the BariatricPal App

is there a way to block someone from your feeds. frankly this line has disturbed me. I thought this was a safe place to say anything but in a kind supportive and non-judgemental way. this got nasty and defensive quick thanks

Youre welcome.I was just stating what my surgeons guidelines are for me..kicking the carbonated beverages was very hard in my case..I was also comparing and my surgeon seems very strict compared to some others..which is exactly what I need.lol

Sent from my SCH-R960 using the BariatricPal App

Yeah my NUT and Dr are strict to in comparison. I see some of these posts and I'm like your Dr said what?!? Like wish it was me sometimes:) lol but glad too for the guidelines and tough love:)

is there a way to block someone from your feeds. frankly this line has disturbed me. I thought this was a safe place to say anything but in a kind supportive and non-judgemental way. this got nasty and defensive quick thanks

I'm not sure never tried to block someone. My post as all my posts are intended to gain knowledge and thought this was a fairly safe environment too. Until I start seeing all the judge mental people attacking others but lucky for me my skin is fairly thick and not going to allow others to stop me from posting or commenting.

I'm five months out and my surgeon said I could have a cocktail on my birthday, at the end of the month. He gave me the caution of alcohol hitting harder than before, but I've always been a 'one and done' girl anyway. So one cocktail, sipped slowly, it will be.

I'm a social drinker so I wonder about alcohol too. I would like to drink again & have a normal social life as I do now. My surgery isn't until next month, my doctor advises to wait a year but he also said we can drink in 6 months post-op but to just be cautious because I'll get drunk faster & calories.

Height 5'0"

Weight for consultation: 216 lbs.

Pre-op Weight: Unknown until January 20th.

My profile picture is not me. It's my "FitSpiration" body.

I personally do not wish to risk it. there are tons of non alcoholic drinks available that I can drink while everyone else drinks. they taste great and I can keep the calories low. alcoholics will tell you you can have a great social life without the alcohol if you turn out to be one of the folks whose new tummy will not accept it.

I'm five months out and my surgeon said I could have a cocktail on my birthday, at the end of the month. He gave me the caution of alcohol hitting harder than before, but I've always been a 'one and done' girl anyway. So one cocktail, sipped slowly, it will be.

Happy early birthday!!!

Thanks for the reply and I too am a "one and done" woman

I'm a social drinker so I wonder about alcohol too. I would like to drink again & have a normal social life as I do now. My surgery isn't until next month, my doctor advises to wait a year but he also said we can drink in 6 months post-op but to just be cautious because I'll get drunk faster & calories.

Height 5'0"

Weight for consultation: 216 lbs.

Pre-op Weight: Unknown until January 20th.

My profile picture is not me. It's my "FitSpiration" body.

Congrats in advance on your surgery!

Thanks for the reply and keep us posted on everything. Take care!:)

I personally do not wish to risk it. there are tons of non alcoholic drinks available that I can drink while everyone else drinks. they taste great and I can keep the calories low. alcoholics will tell you you can have a great social life without the alcohol if you turn out to be one of the folks whose new tummy will not accept it.

Great feedback! Thank you

Great feedback! Thank you