Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got home from hospital

Hi everyone, I'm a 29 year year old male from London and have always struggled with my weight from childhood.

When I was in college I probably looked my best but was still weighing around 230 pounds which is obviously overweight but life was ok...I had a girlfriend (she was hot ????) my weight didn't restrict me from most things (I would be able to go to the cool clothing stores and usually get into their larger size jeans and t shirts).

Once I started working in an office environment full time, which I basically have done for the last 8 years my weight ballooned up to the point I kind of gave up on it and gave in resisting the krispy kremes.

I actually wouldn't want to weigh myself

.. because I knew it wasn't going to be pretty.

11 days before surgery - On the day of my pre op assessment my weight was 155kg (340 lbs) - or for UK peeps - 24.5 stone.

After my pre op diet - on the day of the surgery my weight was 147.3kg (324.5 Ibs) or for UK peeps - 23.1 stone

I am currently still very much recovering from the surgery and can only handle very small quantities of liquids... and fell like my body is in a total state of shock.

Im more excited than I am nervous about what is coming next.

I hope to keep updating to the site when I have something interesting to share but I thought a little intro to me and my situation would be a good start

Also best of luck to everyone undergoing this journey it's obviously not an easy decision for many reasons but once it's done its done...and as of right now I'm confident I made the right choice for me and for the future.

Sent from my SM-A300H using the BariatricPal App

Welcome to the losers' bench! Be sure that in these early days you focus on the basics. Getting your Water in. Getting your Protein in. Taking your vitamins/meds. And walking a little bit frequently throughout the day. Try to aim for a total of 60 minutes of walking each day. Even if that's only 5-10 minutes at a time. I even marched in place quite a bit! As much as the fatigue will make you think you can't/don't want to get up and walk, it really will make you feel a lot better if you actually do it!

I also recommend you stay off the scale and just focus on healing and following your plan. The scale can be pretty mean in the early weeks as your body adjusts to all of the changes and it is easy to get discouraged if you feel like you are enduring all of this for so little "reward". Trust in the process. Let your body do its thing.

@@Jamie Thank you for that and I don't intend to jump on the scales regularly... I'd rather it be all surprise when I do... And honestly the number doesnt define anything for me. I want to fell better, look better and be more healthy.

In terms of the walking I will definatly start its just that right now I'm still quite sore from the operation and hoping the pain will be manageable enough to start doing that kind of stuff in the next few days.

Hi everyone, I'm a 29 year year old male from London and have always struggled with my weight from childhood.

When I was in college I probably looked my best but was still weighing around 230 pounds which is obviously overweight but life was ok...I had a girlfriend (she was hot ????) my weight didn't restrict me from most things (I would be able to go to the cool clothing stores and usually get into their larger size jeans and t shirts).

Once I started working in an office environment full time, which I basically have done for the last 8 years my weight ballooned up to the point I kind of gave up on it and gave in resisting the krispy kremes.

11 days before surgery - On the day of my pre op assessment my weight was 155kg (340 lbs) - or for UK peeps - 24.5 stone.

After my pre op diet - on the day of the surgery my weight was 147.3kg (324.5 Ibs) or for UK peeps - 23.1 stone

I am currently still very much recovering from the surgery and can only handle very small quantities of liquids... and fell like my body is in a total state of shock.

I hope to keep updating to the site when I have something interesting to share but I thought a little intro to me and my situation would be a good start

Also best of luck to everyone undergoing this journey it's obviously not an easy decision for many reasons but once it's done its done...and as of right now I'm confident I made the right choice for me and for the future.

Thank you for sharing your experience. Enjoy your new journey! I don't get sleeved until spring but reading all about individual experiences has me so excited for the ups and downs to lead me to a healthier lifestyle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Thank you for sharing your experience. Enjoy your new journey! I don't get sleeved until spring but reading all about individual experiences has me so excited for the ups and downs to lead me to a healthier lifestyle.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Hi thanks for your msg and good luck, I was pleased to find quite a lot of material online both on this app, YouTube and some other material all of this was helpful mentally knowing what to expect from people who had actually been through it.

That is awesome! I'm happy for you. I was super excited to get sleeved also - I practically skipped into the hospital - no lie! :)

I went through a short depressed state and now I'm excited again because at 4 weeks, I can finally see the results and people are noticing. I feel good and you will too - proud of you! :)

That is awesome! I'm happy for you. I was super excited to get sleeved also - I practically skipped into the hospital - no lie! :)

I went through a short depressed state and now I'm excited again because at 4 weeks, I can finally see the results and people are noticing. I feel good and you will too - proud of you! :)

That's so nice thank you. Can I ask...and of its personal then please just say but you mentioned a depressive phase after the surgery (and I have seen quite a few people comment on going through something similar) what is it all about ?? Is it a scence of regret?

@@Gman1 A lot of people (most people?) experience a bout of "buyer's remorse" in the first few days/weeks post-op. It's a lot to deal with. You are uncomfortable, possibly in pain, tired, moody, coping with head hunger, and wondering if you will ever feel "normal" again. Once they get through that, though, most people are thrilled with their decision.

I'm 3 days post op, female, 61+ and feel weak and tired. Having trouble doing all the liquid they want like 64 Oz but get in 15 to 20 Oz. It hurts when the liquid us going down from the esophagus to the stomach. I had a repair of hiatal hernia so maybe that's why. I called and they say it's normal to just continually sip bits and bits. I feel like a truck hit me and going to sleep now. Is this how you all felt...let me know? Thank you!????

????sonkat5355????

@@sonkat5355 Everything you are describing really is completely normal. Pain in the chest when swallowing, fatigue, difficulty getting all your fluids... Almost all of us go through that. It will take 2-3 weeks for the esophageal contractions to ease up when swallowing. The fatigue lasted me until I was on soft foods and could get more calories in. For the fluids you really do have to sip, sip, sip ALL DAY long. Constantly be sipping. Marching in place made it a little easier for me, but it was tough. Does get a little easier every day, I promise.

@@sonkat5355 Everything you are describing really is completely normal. Pain in the chest when swallowing, fatigue, difficulty getting all your fluids... Almost all of us go through that. It will take 2-3 weeks for the esophageal contractions to ease up when swallowing. The fatigue lasted me until I was on soft foods and could get more calories in. For the fluids you really do have to sip, sip, sip ALL DAY long. Constantly be sipping. Marching in place made it a little easier for me, but it was tough. Does get a little easier every day, I promise.

Thank you for responding to me. day 4 and I am really sore and hungry so I am forcing myself to sip my Protein shakes.

????sonkat5355????

Gman1 reading your story is like reading my own, only I'm 47 I'm in USA. I was always the big guy growing up 230 was my lowest weight since my wedding in '95. I topped off at 350. Had sleeve done 2/3/17. I'm day 3 post op. A lot of mixed emotions going on right now. Sometimes feel like if this was a mistake. But keep looking forward to a healthier life. This decision came clear to me when I lost my brother 7 months ago to a massive heart attack. He was 44. I'm dealing with a lot of healing pains in stomach area and acid reflux is sometimes unbearable. Have to keep moving forward. 325 this morning ????. We can do this!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App