Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What're you guys eating at this point?

So, I'm officially a month and a few days post op from revision- vsg to rny to be exact. I wanted to know what you guys are eating at this point. I'd like to try a new few ideas. liquids are going down pretty easily as well as soft foods, but I'm having trouble eating solids. Anything I eat goes right back up :(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I think everyone just heals and adapts at a different pace according to their body, and not their mind! So just give yourself more time and keep experimenting, but maybe with tiny amounts at first and if all is well a little more later. I hope you can eat more solids soon

I think everyone just heals and adapts at a different pace according to their body, and not their mind! So just give yourself more time and keep experimenting, but maybe with tiny amounts at first and if all is well a little more later. I hope you can eat more solids soon

Thank you so much. I will continue to try little by little bit!

My Stage 3 what to expect sheet says that "vomiting is almost always related to eating. Slow down! All of the following could cause vomiting: eating too fast, not chewing well, eating too much, eating foods not soft enough too soon, drinking liquids with food, drinking with a straw, lying down after a meal, or eating foods you do not tolerate." I hope that helps you!

My Stage 3 what to expect sheet says that "vomiting is almost always related to eating. Slow down! All of the following could cause vomiting: eating too fast, not chewing well, eating too much, eating foods not soft enough too soon, drinking liquids with food, drinking with a straw, lying down after a meal, or eating foods you do not tolerate." I hope that helps you!

My stomach is not tolerating any solids aside from my Protein Snacks and cheese. Everything else tends to come back up unfortunately.

Gosh, that's no fun I'm sure! I would ask your doc then as I don't know why your body is throwing up so much!! That is not the way it's supposed to be so get it addressed by your doc asap!

Gosh, that's no fun I'm sure! I would ask your doc then as I don't know why your body is throwing up so much!! That is not the way it's supposed to be so get it addressed by your doc asap!

It isn't whatsoever. I spoke to him regarding this he just told me to introduce new foods little by little and to go with whatever I'm able to tolerate. If this persists he will schedule some testing, but I'm hoping it doesn't need to get that far!!

I hope your whatever it is gets with the program soon and you are able to enjoy life more. Like I said it's not supposed to be like this for you! Be patient and try to follow the instructions off my sheet up there. I don't know what else to tell you other than you'll be in my thoughts and consider yourself hugged!

I hope your whatever it is gets with the program soon and you are able to enjoy life more. Like I said it's not supposed to be like this for you! Be patient and try to follow the instructions off my sheet up there. I don't know what else to tell you other than you'll be in my thoughts and consider yourself hugged!

Thank you very much. I appreciate your kind words!!

Xo

I still ate a lot of soft/moist foods at that point. I cooked (read over-cooked) a lot of veggies at that point, ate Soups, made baked ricotta, tuna salad. I struggled with things that others had no problems like refried Beans and scrambled eggs. Personally I think that a lot of people rush the stages and/or portions when they have years of regular food ahead. Go at your body's pace and keep in communication with your surgeon as you have.

I still ate a lot of soft/moist foods at that point. I cooked (read over-cooked) a lot of veggies at that point, ate Soups, made baked ricotta, tuna salad. I struggled with things that others had no problems like refried Beans and scrambled eggs. Personally I think that a lot of people rush the stages and/or portions when they have years of regular food ahead. Go at your body's pace and keep in communication with your surgeon as you have.

I couldn't agree more! I will continue with my soft foods until I feel my body is ready to handle other foods. There is no need to rush and as long as I'm keeping in contact with my surgeon and meeting my Protein requirements, all is well!