Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Grocery shopping has changed so much

A few months back I would have went to the grocery store and had atleast 30% junk. A few months ago I would have went through about 24 sticks of butter cooking and eating with a family of five. I would never look at nutrition facts ever!!! I didn't care what I cooked or how I cooked it. I realized last night when I went grocery shopping that I only bought three things that were snack unhealthy foods and they were for our kids it used to be way more then that and for me as well. Last night it was more shrimp and meats ,turkey bites, tuna ,cauliflower ,broccoli, cucumbers, all healthy foods. And for the first time today I realized I don't even miss the sweets anymore. I made it through the entire holiday season not one cookie or cake or pie and I'm proud bc while everyone else gained the weight through the holidays, I shedded the pounds!!! I went through a couple weeks of regret bc everything would make me so sick when I went to regular foods but I went back to shakes for awhile then tried again and then I was fine. I watched my family eat and it really sucked I'm not going to lie but I also know I did this for a reason and wasn't giving in. It just took me realizing last night how much in just a couple months my life has changed drastically, and the healthier choices I make now and how much I focus on nutrition facts before I purchase anything. Shopping last night opened my eyes to my poor choices in life!!

HW 289 CW 230 bypass 11/22/16

Yes it does change a lot. Just try not to be tempted when you do the shopping. This fantastic journey that we are on can be a difficult one.

At this point I think I've been through most template shoes since I had surgery a couple days before Thanksgiving I had Thanksgiving dinner New Year's dinner Christmas dinner Christmas parties baking Christmas Cookies my kids eaten junk in front of me and my husband who refuses to change his diet etc. and once in a while I may get an ounce or two of jealousy but I don't feel tempted at all because I feel how much healthier I feel inside and out not only that but needless to say you know I changed my cooking and so many ways that is healthier and he still eats it and he is down 10 pounds without having surgery. Lol. So trick is on him. No my kids they have a hard time putting weight on lol.

HW 289 CW 230 bypass 11/22/16