Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Exercise after surgery. ALSO puree foods not filling me up

I'm with Kaiser in Richmond, California. We don't measure by micronutrients or how many grams of Protein we get in a day. When back to normal they expect 3oz of protein plus vegetable or fruit. Coming together to be 1 Cup per meal with 75% being protein . So far the only protein I get now is from my yogurt and the other meals provide a little but not much. I tried pureeing chicken with broth and it is freaking gross lol I'm gonna have to stick with yogurt, cream of chicken, and a ricotta bake I made. Otherwise everything else has become disgusting to me :(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm with Kaiser in Richmond, California. We don't measure by micronutrients or how many grams of Protein we get in a day. When back to normal they expect 3oz of protein plus vegetable or fruit. Coming together to be 1 Cup per meal with 75% being protein . So far the only protein I get now is from my yogurt and the other meals provide a little but not much. I tried pureeing chicken with broth and it is freaking gross lol I'm gonna have to stick with yogurt, cream of chicken, and a ricotta bake I made. Otherwise everything else has become disgusting to me :(

Did your tastebuds change tremendously? Is that why you hate the pureed chicken? I like the way they do that with protein, so many people have come to rely on Protein Shakes as opposed to real food. Hmmm, I wonder if I will hate some foods after sleeve.

What does "back to normal" mean? Eating solid foods? I'm eating solid right now and can only do about 1 to 2 oz at a time. A cup of food per meal? I'm not even close.

What does "back to normal" mean? Eating solid foods? I'm eating solid right now and can only do about 1 to 2 oz at a time. A cup of food per meal? I'm not even close.
I'm pretty sure they don't ever want me eating 1 cup of food at a time.

1 cup of food is apparently a typical capacity for a lot of sleevers about a year to 18 months out.

Yes when I say normal I mean lifelong eating

I have been wanting to exercise on my treadmill. My doctor just said don't do any exercise that causes me to sweat. Whatever that means...sometimes heat makes me sweat...lol but I'm thinking to keep a slow to moderate pace. Getting moving is a good thing.