Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Females with pcos post op please help....

Ok so once again I was sleeved nov 29 2016 I got my Aunt Flo dec 11 and the heifer won't leave its almost 3weeks! I'm tryna let nature take its course but dammmmmnnn I started to feel like I need a pill to make it stop. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome so that may be the cause of this commotion but has anyone gone through this.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yes! I have PCOS as well. About 7 or so months in, I had a 13 day period. It was HEAVY and I thought it would never end but it did. Prior to surgery I was never regular. After surgery I still had long 30+ day cycles (with cycle day 1 being the start of my period). Over time I have become pretty regular, every 28-33 days. My periods are heavy because I have a fibroid so that adds another layer to things.

Surgery and rapid weight loss turns our hormones into a crazy factory. Your hormones are likely RAGING, but I have not had one that long since then. If you're regularly having very long periods, make sure you're being evaluated for other causes... but it's most likely the hormones from weight loss.

Ok so imma wait it out. It's soooo frustrating though. I was never regular I would get my period once or twice a year. My last period was over the summer so it may be tryna play catch up. I see my surgeon on Jan 3 if it's still there Roger we have a PROBLEM!!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Yeah I was not very happy about the every 28 days garbage. :/ LOL! I would have maybe 3 periods a year. I'm happy to be a normal girl but.. UGH. This is just a time when your body is correcting itsef. Hang in there!

Same exact story here girl! It was awful, heavy, and lasted 3 weeks. PCOS is the worst. Before that, I was very irregular also. Months would go by with nothing!