Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wanted to check in with everyone who had their procedure on December 13th. How is the diet going? I am still liquids until next Wednesday. I have been doing well getting my Water in, average close to 60 ounces. The Protein Shakes are getting old but I drink two per day. Have not had any nausea and not a large amount of pain around incisions. Thankfully have not had the gas pains I was so worried about. Today was my first day getting out of that house and I was surrounded by junk food and more junk food and had no desire for any. Enjoyed the time with family though.

I am 36, mother of 3. Was an athlete growing up and had no weight issues until I hit my 20's. Husband was deployed and I ate my worries away. 3 deployments later I was over weight. I have lost the weight(extremely unhealthy measures) and gained it back. I have a underactive thyroid.

I have an amazing life and I am extremely happy besides my weight has stopped me from enjoying everything God has blessed me with. I have been ugly to my husband, skipped activities with my kids, and disappointed myself too many times. That is what motivated me to have the sleeve.

My highest weight was 264, with the pre-op diet I lost 15 lbs. I have not weighed since surgery and do not plan to until my appointment on Wednesday. I am 5'7.

Thanks for reading. I look forward to going on this journey with you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi. I had mine on 12/13 also. What an experience this has been so far. Three night stay in the hospital, 90% of the time with a really bad headache until they gave me Imitrex. Finally, some relief.

Went home and have been really good on my liquid intake. What has helped a lot is an iWatch that my hubby got me. I can actually set alarms for every 15 mins. It goes off to remind me to drink. Came in very handy.

My next phase is purified foods. I've been researching what I can eat (slurp), and it's making me scratch my head. I could have started today, but I don't know where to start. Puréed Proteins doesn't sound good at all.

My surgery took over a year before coming to fruition. I have to say I didn't have much of a choice with my unmanageable diabetes and weight. Didn't want to die young like my paternal relatives. So far so good on my A1C levels and weight.

Wish you all the best. I'll be cheering you on!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My surgery went well and I have been back to work 1/2 days this week. I'm struggling getting in the Protein and fluids. And am just dying for something other than shakes, Protein Water, Soup or applesauce. I have my follow-up on the 29th and can't wait for the green light to try something different!

I also had surgery on 12/13. I was at the hospital for two nights and I wish I'd stayed a third. The IV meds and fluids made me more comfortable. Things started to turn around on Saturday and by Sunday I felt good enough to leave the house for a bit.

It took about a week for the incision pain to fade into the background and for my bowels to work again. I'm posting this on Friday 12/23 and I feel pretty normal (except for, you know, not having a stomach).

I don't think I'll ever be able to have another sweet Protein shake. They disgust me now. The only Protein supplements I can stand are the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup and the Isopure zero carb drinks. I have one of each to get my 60g of protein.

My doctor won't advance me to full liquids until my follow up next Wednesday, the 28th. Then another week until I can eat mushy foods. I can't wait. I'm now going on 5 weeks of almost nothing but processed protein supplements.< /p>

I did find one treat. I went to a Pho restaurant and only had the broth. Then I asked them for a big container of broth to take home. It was glorious.

How is everyone doing with this change around Christmas? It has not been as rough as expected so far. I thought passing on all the food would be extremely hard but I have no desire to eat the food. The only thing is (not)tasting the food I have made for my family to make sure it is seasoned properly. I just wing it and hope for the best.

I hope you ladies have a Merry Christmas.

My incisions look wonderful almost healed. I am still on liquids and I am also tired of the sweet premier Protein chocolate. I ordered some unflavored Protein powder for my puréed phase.

Heya! I'm a lucky 13 (December 13) too! For Xmas we went to Ruth's Chris so I wouldn't have to cook. I sipped on some lobster bisque (picking out the lobster!) and hot tea. We went with friends so we had lots of conversation to keep me occupied at the table. My incisions look pretty good too. They're ITCHY. OMG, ITCHY. I had very little nausea. I'm already back to work too. I don't have any desire to eat crazy foods either. I'm pretty satisfied with the Protein shakes, but I have used Protein Shakes for years. I suppose if you are not accustomed to them it could be hard to feel satisfied with them. I'm down 10 pounds from the morning of my surgery. I try to stay busy at the house too. I sew, so I can always find something to do. I'm seldom bored!

I think my only moment of weakness was when I saw the GIANT Ferrero Rocher candy ball at Walmart. I didn't buy it but omg....I just wanted to sniff it....I love Ferrero Rocher. So much...*sniff* but no way am I going to eat anything with a big ol' hazelnut in the middle right now. I had one treat at xmas--crème brulee. I still have some in the fridge since there was no way I could have possibly finished it that night.

Frustrated! My period started a week after surgery so I stalled for that week, and I'm stalled this week too. I'm doing everything the doctor said to do in my plan, but in the last 2 weeks I've not lost a pound. I'm starting to question why I'm even bothering. I know in the long run it will work, I'm just beyond frustrated right now.

December 13th sleevers!!

Lets all update and see how we are doing. I am trying to get a sense of what is normal, average, ect. I am 3 weeks post op today and down 16 lbs. I thought I would be down more, but seem to have stalled at day 13, losing only 1 lb in the past 8 days. Is this normal? Is this possible? My calories are between 600-800 per day. No issues with the Protein or liquids. Soft food stage for me, fish, yogurt and Soup. I know its crazy, but I was not anticipating a stall for at least a month or two. My surgeon said the first 6 months is where the weight will fall off, after that its up to me. Hoping to hit a milestone in January.

It's my 'special time of the month' so no weigh loss here ....not to mention I'm sick as a dog with some upper respiratory stuff. I'm down 13 pounds from surgery morning. I got spoiled last week getting on the scale nearly everyday and seeing a smaller number!

I'm down 26 since surgery but I started with a lot to lose.

I started mushy foods this week and it's not going well. Everything makes me nauseous. I am disgusted by every Protein supplement and can't choke them down. I never liked artificial sweeteners and that has only gotten worse. For a while I could handle the unjury chicken Soup but now that makes me sick, too. I'm not getting enough Protein and I don't know what to do about it.

I'm even finding Water unpleasant. I remember reading about that from others and thought that would never be me. My whole life I've been a big Water drinker. One health issue I never had was getting enough water. It's weird but I always liked how water tasted. Now it makes me sick.

I'm getting worried. I'm not getting enough protein or water and I can't find a way to do so. I'm not hungry at all and feel worn down.

December 13th sleevers!!

Lets all update and see how we are doing. I am trying to get a sense of what is normal, average, ect. I am 3 weeks post op today and down 16 lbs. I thought I would be down more, but seem to have stalled at day 13, losing only 1 lb in the past 8 days. Is this normal? Is this possible? My calories are between 600-800 per day. No issues with the Protein or liquids. Soft food stage for me, fish, yogurt and Soup. I know its crazy, but I was not anticipating a stall for at least a month or two. My surgeon said the first 6 months is where the weight will fall off, after that its up to me. Hoping to hit a milestone in January.

Maybe next week you will have a bigger number. 16lbs is still amazing and I think close to average. I am at around 20lbs since surgery. I am not sure how much you have to lose but my goal is around 100lbs total. The more extra weight you have the bigger your numbers will be. Keep going.

It's my 'special time of the month' so no weigh loss here ....not to mention I'm sick as a dog with some upper respiratory stuff. I'm down 13 pounds from surgery morning. I got spoiled last week getting on the scale nearly everyday and seeing a smaller number!

Do not weigh again until you are well and your monthly visitor is gone. I know easier said than done.

I'm down 26 since surgery but I started with a lot to lose.

I started mushy foods this week and it's not going well. Everything makes me nauseous. I am disgusted by every Protein supplement and can't choke them down. I never liked artificial sweeteners and that has only gotten worse. For a while I could handle the unjury chicken Soup but now that makes me sick, too. I'm not getting enough Protein and I don't know what to do about it.

I'm even finding Water unpleasant. I remember reading about that from others and thought that would never be me. My whole life I've been a big Water drinker. One health issue I never had was getting enough water. It's weird but I always liked how water tasted. Now it makes me sick.

I'm getting worried. I'm not getting enough protein or water and I can't find a way to do so. I'm not hungry at all and feel worn down.

26lbs, that is amazing!!

I am using an unflavored Protein Powder, GENEPRO. 30g in one scoop. Really does not have flavor as mixes completely into all food I have tried as long as the food is not too hot. I was also over all the sweet and artificial sweeteners. This powder has been a life saver.

I have also had days where water has a weird taste. It is odd because I am drinking the same brand of bottle water and some days it just taste bitter almost. Those days I mix some lemonade crystal light into my water and it makes it easier.

I am never hungry either but make myself eat some because my body cannot heal without it. Keep pushing yourself little by little, it will get better.