Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Young and hungry

I'm 24 and ready for surgery in January. No set date yet and haven't started the 2 week liquid/protein diet yet but I'm mentally preparing myself for these big changes!

If anyone can give me advice on how to keep my hunger down before and after surgery that'd be awesome!

Idk what all the letters mean but at my heaviest I was 355 I am currently 322 and a healthy goal weight overall is for me to weigh 180! I want to be really toned not just slim. I've always been really active and have lost weight earlier this year doing Crossfit, even earned the nickname Cross-Whit :)

But now when I just go walking my knees start to hurt and I'm just ready to lose weight and get rid of the weight for good.

I'm mostly just typing my thoughts to connect to others and find out what's helping others lose the most weight the fastest! Haha

Also it'd be nice to have support from others that have already experienced the surgery.

I have always wanted to be smaller and healthier and have always tried to lose weight but living in Louisiana it's hard to stay away from all the good eating! Hahahah

post-308381-14822012959714_thumb.jpg

Most recent full body pic! December 2016

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

First and foremost congratulations on your decision to make your life better you are gorgeous! You are going to rock it no doubt.

I am going to join crossfit in the upcoming weeks. I'm so intimidated to go in there and be the "fat girl" I don't want to be looked down on in there because I'll be so out of my element as is. Can you tell me what it's like? What to expect?

I'm always happy to see 20 somethings getting bariatric surgery. I'm 21 and it's good to take control of your life early. Basically you need to find a schedule that works for you. You never have to eat anything you dislike!

My surgery is on Wednesday, but from what I understand, hunger after the surgery is totally different from hunger before.

The surgeon I'm going to only required a one week pre-op liquid diet for me. That may because:

1) I'm young-ish (31)

2) I'm paying out of pocket (so no insurance Big Brother to control the schedule)

3) My weight (~255lbs)

3) It's just this particular surgeon's preference

However, my liquid diet must be sugar-free. Holy guacamole, it's rough as heck!

Guacamole sounds friggin' delicious right now. I'm on the clear liquid diet....

If I had known how difficult it would be for me to lose weight, I would have done it 7 years ago. I'm jelly that your youth means potential for your skin to spring back after you lose.

Dang, I really don't want to spend money I don't have and end up with the scars of Frankenstein's monster.

ANYWHO, hunger sucks. It really, really, really, really sucks. BUT it's two weeks. Drink absurd amounts of Water. If you're fortunate enough to live alone, do what I did and give away every morsel of food that is a no-no.

Two weeks of torture compared to a lifetime? I'll take the former.

I've read many posts here, and most people say the pre-op diet was, by far, the most difficult part of the process.

@@wcs17

When I was on my pre-op liquid diet I got up late every day and went to bed early. I also watch 600lb life and Fat Doctor UK all day.

You are going to be starving until day 3 or 4 then you body gets used to it. The last day of just Clear liquids was pure hell.

I'm following this thread to get the same info. I'm 27 and at 350 right now. I'm scheduled for January 18th, which means that I would start my liquid diet on January 4th.

However, I work during the week so I think that I may actually start the liquid diet on New Years Eve. I've heard that the first 4 days are rough, so I want to start over a period where I have a 4 day weekend off from work, so that if I'm exhausted/cranky I can just be at home and go to bed. That way, when the 4th rolls around, I am passed the more difficult part. Plus, I would like to lose some extra weight prior to surgery!

Let me know if you want to be accountability buddies, since we have a similar surgery date and starting weight! Also, I love that top in your picture.

Thanks y'all!!!

CrossFit is so great! You can always try different gyms most let you try a day for free. You'll find that Crossfit is like a judgement free zone! They're like a close knit family! From my experience it's all about having a good attitude, showing up and ready to kick your own butt! I love it! We only compete with the person we were yesterday!

I'm def gonna use this week to find what I do like!

I've done the whole30 diet and completed it, it was tough but I feel like it's prepared me for this somehow...hopefully! (I'm very optimistic)

Yesss MissJDVSG!!!!! That'd be awesome! I need someone that's going through the same process to push me!!!!! Hahaha

Congratulations on the decision that will guide the next great chapter of your life! Hunger will be completely different after surgery so don't worry about that aspect too much right now. During the liquid stage you may feel some hunger (depending on the person) but it's not that bad to where you will be pulling your hair out for that good food by you, haha. Once you get to the solid stage you should be good to go. You can be a bit hungry but two bites of food and it's gone! It's the craziest thing! Good luck on your journey!

I'm so excited to see another twenty-something going through this! What an exciting time for us. :)