Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12/7/16 gastric sleeve

Hey from Nebraska. Had the surgery 12/7/16. Just learning what and how much. Just wanting to see what other folks are going through. I have been reading weight loss surgery for dummies. It has been helpful. But nothing like communication. Thanks post-308362-14819499566484_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Congrats on the beginning of your journey! I'm not really having any bad side effects from this surgery. Everything is actually improving, as far as my health goes. Are you having any negative side effects?

I was doing well until Thursday. I had the sleeve done on 12/5. I had a general sick feeling all day Thursday and then fri I felt so nauseous... finally I dry heaved for about 10 min with nothing but saliva coming up in very small amounts but it hurt my stomach badly. I still feel sick. I have been drinking Water and I ate some sf Jello to help me out. Hope all returns to normal because I was feeling great. My 6 lap sites ate healing( they are ugly but healing). I felt like it was going ok until Thursday came. But it will get better I know.

Had mine on the same day doing good at 2 weeks out- I went in for surgery at 223 and today at my two week I was 210- my dr said I'll loose slower since I don't have as much to loose but he's happy- I can start purée today but I've been a little scared

Everything purée gets stuck with me or comes up.... I am trying my best but it's hard to get the stuff down. I am forced to get full liquids again

Had mine on the same day doing good at 2 weeks out- I went in for surgery at 223 and today at my two week I was 210- my dr said I'll loose slower since I don't have as much to loose but he's happy- I can start purée today but I've been a little scared

@ ambernoel... they told me that I would lose slower as well but at my first appointment they said from one week before surgery I was 226 and preop I was 219 I am now 200.2 sand my dicess amazed. She said I am doing great so at some point it may slow down ( actually I have been at same weigh for 4 days) because my body has to play catch up but don't be discouraged at all.

@@Dknal2 that's an amazing weight loss! My dr has me come weekly for the first six weeks post op and he said my weight loss was pretty rapid and he wanted to see it slow down because I'm loosing ppm and ffm a little to rapid:/ you are kicking butt tho! I was hopeful to see a one on the scale for the new year but I'm sitting steady at 207 and I've been warned of the three week stall- so I guess I'll get there eventually when I get there lol

Hi @ ambernoel... I was a little scared because the weight was coming off a bit quick. Pardon my ignorance, but what is Ppm and FFM? You said your doc said that you were losing both rather quickly. I think the stalls happen specifically because of rapid weight loss. Like your body is saying " hold up , wait one minute", lol. I was at like 204 lbs. for almost a eeek then boom it went to 199 lbs . My surgeon said at 4 weeks I can do light exercises but at 6 weeks I'm good to go so I'm excited about that.

@@Dknal2 that's an amazing weight loss! My dr has me come weekly for the first six weeks post op and he said my weight loss was pretty rapid and he wanted to see it slow down because I'm loosing ppm and ffm a little to rapid:/ you are kicking butt tho! I was hopeful to see a one on the scale for the new year but I'm sitting steady at 207 and I've been warned of the three week stall- so I guess I'll get there eventually when I get there lol

I am kind of excited to get back to exercising. I got some new workout clothes for Christmas. My weight has kind of stalled too and I am three weeks out about. I am glad to hear it is thing. I was a little concerned. I am excited to actually see the exercise help.

@@Dknal2 I'm not 100% sure what ppm means but it has something to do with muscle mass which they don't want you losing quickly because it is hard to gain back - and ffm is fat free mass-

My dr said goal is to lost 75% fat mass to 25% fat free mass ( clearly as you lose you will get naturally smaller hence the ffm going down)

Last week my fat mass lost was only one pound over my fat free mass lost and my ppm was down a pound - which is rapid also

When my dr does my weight I get a breakdown of a ton of stuff - total body Water ect is included so I know where my weight is being held

Wow what a great doc..., that's neat to get the actual breakdown so that one know what to focus on more. That's wonderful.

@@Dknal2 I'm not 100% sure what ppm means but it has something to do with muscle mass which they don't want you losing quickly because it is hard to gain back - and ffm is fat free mass-

My dr said goal is to lost 75% fat mass to 25% fat free mass ( clearly as you lose you will get naturally smaller hence the ffm going down)

Last week my fat mass lost was only one pound over my fat free mass lost and my ppm was down a pound - which is rapid also

When my dr does my weight I get a breakdown of a ton of stuff - total body Water ect is included so I know where my weight is being held