Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why do people act like progressing to the next food stage at your doctor's orders is failing your sleeve? If you're able to progress to the next stage and still make healthy choices that's one step closer to living a normal healthy life. Some of the healthiest foods are not allowed in the liquid and pureed phases and I'm sure there are plenty of mushy foods that got us to where we are today.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Why do people act like progressing to the next food stage at your doctor's orders is failing your sleeve?

Wait, whuuuuut? Where did anyone "act like progressing" is "failing your sleeve"?

I asked a sincere question, got a sincere reply and shared my different experience. See, some of us can actually have different opinions WITHOUT getting defensive. It's a cool thing, really. It's called adulting. ;)

Why do people act like progressing to the next food stage at your doctor's orders is failing your sleeve?

Wait, whuuuuut? Where did anyone "act like progressing" is "failing your sleeve"?

I asked a sincere question, got a sincere reply and shared my different experience. See, some of us can actually have different opinions WITHOUT getting defensive. It's a cool thing, really. It's called adulting. ;)

Believe it or not some of us can also reply to a post and not be addressing you :o

Believe it or not some of us can also reply to a post and not be addressing you :o

Welllppp... I was the only one who had a differing experience, so... And NO ONE said ANYTHING about "failing their sleeve" or progressing off plan.

Who WERE you addressing then?

:D

I was addressing the various posts I've read practically condemning people who were choosing to follow their doctors orders and not random people in a forum. You may have seen and/or participated in them. If what I said did not apply to you feel free to read and move along resting assured that if I ever wanted to address you I would quote or @ you. @@LipstickLady

A while ago someone posted a link for General Tso's "Skinny Chicken".

It is pan cooked rather than deep fried and was a lower calorie alternative to the original.

It was a hit with my family when I made it.

There are lower calorie, healthier recipes when we have a "jones on" for something more indulgent.

I think the big question here is, How many grams of Protein is in one serving of your average cat?

I literally LOL'Ed.

@ the new kel I'm trying to click on the link and it isn't working is wokthewok the name of the site ?

Once I was on solid foods I had steamed chicken and vegetables and added my own szechuan seasoning. Rice is out for me too many carbs and it makes me feel weird. I have had general tso's chicken but usually only 2-3 pieces before I am full.

Now 10 months out I go for steamed veggies and Protein and I add my own seasoning. It's just not worth the calories for me.

The Green Beans or the Broccoli - Stay Veggie based and RUN AWAY from the starches (Rice is a PAINFUL experience for me - Immediately). Have some chicken and pineapple, and enjoy the Conversation (Never really heard people talking Before the Sleeve!)