Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really wish my husband wouldn't have made the comment "I think your boobs are getting smaller."

It wasn't to be mean and he thought it would be a compliment so I didn't bark at him but I told him I didn't want my boobs to go so if he notices the boobs getting smaller then don't tell me. Don't tell me about my boobs and butt.. but tell me about my legs, arms, face and belly.

This made me think - we should start a list of things of our husbands/wives/partners to NOT mention

My sweet husband, he tried to recover "oh but I like them I like them a lot."

Pppffttt.. yeah, sure ya do! LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

This one is difficult because guys just don't know what is the right thing to say most of the time.

My husband too, has made comments that he thought would make me happy and they turned out they frightened me instead.

I would guess that the majority of us have had the fear that losing weight makes our curves go away. The curves that we actually liked. And, for me that is 100% true. Lost them all and am left with a very straight boy like body.

Although I am thrilled with the weight loss and my new size 8 jeans, I no longer have a butt at all. He tries to pinch it and seriously cannot.

I used to have awesome size full size D breasts with very little sag. Now, I cannot fill out a C and they are like empty socks.

On the good side, everything else is much skinnier too and those are the parts that I like to hear about.

When my 12 year old granddaughter asked me if she could borrow a pair of my yoga pants last week for sleeping in. My son and I both said, honey I think they will be too big on you. My granddaughter said, are you kidding...have you seen how tiny grandma is? Made me grin from ear to ear. My yoga pants fit her perfectly as did my spare winter jacket.

Here's the thing.....Try not to let those comments bother you. The reality is your parts will get smaller whether you want them to or not.

If they bother you very badly you can get some plastics to help you look and feel better while getting the rest of you healthy. Yes, they are expensive but in the end you can save for them or even finance them.

I have chosen to have my breasts lifted and augmented as well as a Tummy Tuck. I have 39 days to go until my surgery and I am excited and so is hubby by the way.

Have no idea what I will do with my butt as there simply isn't anything left there. I may do some type of lift or augmentation down the road but for now, I can live what I have.....lots of loose wrinkly skin. Looks like a sharpei dog. LOL.

I am ok, anytime someone mentions to me that I am smaller because for years i felt like i was miserable and fat. Nothing looked good on me or more importantly nothing made me feel good about myself.

Now, I love clothes shopping and how i look in clothing and I know after my plastics that i will look and feel even better.

Try not to let it bother you so much. It is a sign that you are getting healthier.

Best of luck to you!

I am 3 years out and my hubby said something right after I lost my boobs and my butt early on!! He told me that he wouldn't care if I got a breast augmentation, of course it hurt my feelings, when I said so my boobs are big enough now, he did a major backstroke and said I didn't mean that I meant if you wanted to get a breast lift I am ok with it. I do believe him he just said the wrong one. Then came the remark about me having no butt!! Well, I know that I need cushions to sit on so it wasn't news to me but it still hurt my feelings. The last comment was, You are nothing but skin and bones!! The hardest part in this is I know he has always liked his women a little thicker!! I am not that thick anymore!! Then he wants to know why I don't want to have Sex!! Figure it out Buttercup!!! I really don't think he means them that way but I am pretty sensitive about my lumpy wrinkled body!! Sorry, Hon I just take these things personally. LOL They do know how to push our buttons for sure!! Hang in there.

Men are simple creatures. And I mean it in the best way. When fishing for a compliment, and you have an idea of what you want, he has no clue!!

So when he says your boobs are getting smaller, he is complimenting you. He has no clue about your thigh or waist measurements. He likes your boobs, looks at them often and noticed them changing. He also knows how hard you have been working towards your goal and wants to let you know that he did notice. Don't blame him for that.

He has no clue about apps, charts, goals, measurements calories, lbs and oz. Unless he also had wls.

So give your spouses a break and say thank you! Have plastics if you want to afterwards, but most guys don't care that much as long as they still have your full attention and get fed once in a while.

That's why I loved working in an industry with mostly men. No bullshit, just keeping it real.

Nilla

He's former Army, so he knows all about weights and measurements - to keep fit for the army. I know he meant it as a compliment but I also know he's a boob man so I was sad. We had already talked before my surgery & I told him I planned to get implants already since having four kids and lost 57 pounds before surgery - they are quite saggy.

I had the nice sweet convo about only mentioning my belly, legs, arms and face LOL! It was so funny. :)

I've been married for 42 years and my husband and I have a "don't ask don't tell" philosophy about my weight but I've lost so much weight so quickly that I want him to be more enthusiastic.