Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! My husband and I both had the surgery done on September 6th 2016. Both same day. I hit 304lbs and new I had to do something about my weight. Decided to get the surgery and it changed my life. I am currently just 3 months and 3 days out from surgery and so far lost 70lbs. Day of surgery weighed in at 288lbs and now I'm 218lbs. I couldn't believe how quickly I lost all that weight. I was a size 26 in September and now down to a size 16w. Its scary how quickly everything is happening but this has been the best thing I've ever done in my life. I had issues the first two weeks and and couldn't keep anything down so they had to go in and dilate my incision in my esophagus so I could eat. The first two week I only lost 1 lb. After they did that I was able to keep more food down then all of a sudden lost o much weight. My goal is to get down to 150lbs and so far I'm half way there. Hoping to get to my goal weight by my 1 year mark. I have to go get surgery on my Achilles tendon on the 28th of this month so that is probably going to slow me down but I'm going to keep trying. Other than that doing very well and taking it one day at a time. post-307708-1481339516191_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Marquis_MP977 using the BariatricPal App

What an AMAZING post!! I think in some ways it would be great to do this together. But in my case I had my RNY done on July2, 2013 then Sept of 2013 my hubby went in for a revision from his Lap Band to a RNY. It didn't go as planned. He finally had his Sleeve done this last June. I am kind of glad because I have always taken care of everyone else and since he had his Sleeve he started doing the KETOGENIC diet. Well, it was all left up to me. Now one reason was it is very hard for me to ask for help or accept it. So I was making the grocery list, doing the shopping and then going shopping together. But I had to do all of the prep and let me tell you there is so much prep. Finally, because I got so frustrated he did start to help me. What a difference!! So now things are better all around!! I am afraid that if he had his surgery right after I had it would have been so overwhelming. Thank goodness it worked out for the best. Do you find it hard to do it together or easier? Good Luck!!

Congrats to you both! What a journey together.. Happy for your progress and success. Was it hard getting VSG scheduled for the both of you on the same day?

Sent from my LG-K428 using the BariatricPal App

It was easy to get the same day. I guess we just got lucky but they knew from the start we wanted the same day.

What an AMAZING post!! I think in some ways it would be great to do this together. But in my case I had my RNY done on July2, 2013 then Sept of 2013 my hubby went in for a revision from his Lap Band to a RNY. It didn't go as planned. He finally had his Sleeve done this last June. I am kind of glad because I have always taken care of everyone else and since he had his Sleeve he started doing the KETOGENIC diet. Well, it was all left up to me. Now one reason was it is very hard for me to ask for help or accept it. So I was making the grocery list, doing the shopping and then going shopping together. But I had to do all of the prep and let me tell you there is so much prep. Finally, because I got so frustrated he did start to help me. What a difference!! So now things are better all around!! I am afraid that if he had his surgery right after I had it would have been so overwhelming. Thank goodness it worked out for the best. Do you find it hard to do it together or easier? Good Luck!!

I feel like it was fine doing it together. We knew we wouldn't be able to do much after so we had done enough grocery shopping and stuff around the house done before we had surgery. My husband only had pain in the hospital and 3 days after the hospital vs me, I was useless for almost 2 weeks so I think we got lucky he recovered quicker to be able to do everything that needed to be done. From my experience it wasn't difficult to do it the same day. We got rooms right next to each other at the hospital he came in everyday by me for most of the day even if I was sleeping to make sure I was okay. And now that we both are recovered he definitely does 100% more at home now than he has ever before. Lol. We have no regrets doing it the same day.