Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery 11/21, not losing a lot of weight

Hey there, I had RNY on 11/21/16, since then I have only lost 5 pounds!! It's so discouraging, I know it didn't come on over night and I won't lose it overnight but that seems like so little.

I follow my dietary restrictions from the doctor, I'm currently on puréed phase. I get all my 64oz of Water in.. I get at least 50grams of Protein in daily.

I do the recommended exercise. Which is currently 30 minutes of brisk walking daily.

I just don't know why it's not coming off.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi , i got sleeved on the same day. Just hang in there. We all lose weight differently, but you will lose. Just keep up what your doing,as Soon as you know, you have shed some pounds off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using the BariatricPal App

Be patient... I dropped very quickly after my op and then stagnated for three weeks.

Your body is adjusting - if you are doing so well with your program the weight WILL start coming off.

I know it's hard but be patient and stick to the plan. Best of luck!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using the BariatricPal App

I had my RNY on 11/28.

HW325

SW313

CW308

I, too, am losing very slow. But I know there are lots of changes going on in my body and that the weight will come off in time. Just be patient. That's about all we can do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

Don't feel bad! My first week I lost 6 lbs and the second I lost a little over 2. I got the same way worrying why it wasn't coming off. I think we all get the idea of how much we should be losing and get frustrated when it doesn't happen for us. Hang in there! I'm sure you're still really swollen and gassy too. No doubt it'll come off sooner than later!

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I had mini gastric bypass and feel like I'm loosing too slow . I haven't last a pound in 3-4 weeks. Surgery on 8/25/16 SW 286 CW 243. I have become very frustrated but I'm trying to stay encouraged and stick to the plan

Hi everyone, I'm so glad I came on this site this morning. I needed some encouragement. I am 6 days post op. I'm doing my best to adjust to this new lifestyle. I'm now doing the full liquid diet which isn't so bad. My biggest concern is not having a. Peel movement yet. I'm burping and passing gas. I'm getting my Water and Protein in too. I'm not doing so well with the movement. I have a treadmill in my bedroom and have yet to get on it

Hi everyone,

I also has gastric bypass on 11/21/2016, and I feel as though I have been losing very slowly. I was hoping to get an update on where some of you are at right now. On the morning of my surgery I weighed 280.4, and today I weigh 262.8. That's a loss of 17.6 pounds in 7 weeks. I lost 15 pounds on my 2-week pre-op liquid diet, and now it has taken me 7 weeks to lose that same amount of weight again. :(

I am starting to get a little depressed when I hear other people's dramatic weight loss stories, and I have also felt like I only have a very short window for this "honeymoon" period, and I am not having a great honeymoon so far! I know everyone's body is different and all that, but the bottom line is - we wouldn't have gone through all this if we didn't want and need to lose a lot of weight...

Blessed618- I just had my first "normal" BM this morning and I am also 6 days post-op. The day after I passed dark blood from the surgery and it kinda freaked me out because it was so disgusting! Today it was a normal consistency but dark. I'm sorry to get so detailed but I'm telling you not to worry too much. I think our bodies pretty much know what to do and do it when they are ready. If you go a few more days you may notify your doc though. No one can stress that exercise enough though! I know it helped me get things moving down there as I could actually feel it working. Always listen to your body carefully, especially now that you're learning about your new tummy!!