Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just sleeved on Monday Dec 5th and just one ounce of anything and I feel like I ate Thanksgiving dinner!

I literally ate some Jello at 6 am EST and here it is 1:17 pm EST and I still feel so freaking full!!!!

I just took a GasX strip so I'm hoping that gives me some relief soon.

The fullness is so bad I'm pretty uncomfortable.

I've also been trying to walk as much as I can to work it out of me.

Is this normal????

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Everyone's plan is different, but there was no eating whatsoever on mine until 7 full days after surgery. After 7 days of Water only it was onto fuller liquids.

I didn't have a problem drinking my Water after surgery and didn't drink beyond the point where I felt full (for fear of getting heartburn or throwing up).

I was on full liquids (which included Protein shakes, Jello, pudding, greek yogurt) from the day after surgery. I could only eat or drink an ounce or so for the first week, and if I sipped or ate too fast, I was MISERABLE... and the surgeon said that was completely normal. As the swelling and inflammation in the sleeve from the surgery resolved, my tolerance got better. By a month post-op I could eat about 1/4 cup at a time and drink normally. Now at a little over 3 months post, I can eat a tad more than 1/4 cup of really soft things (yogurt consistency) but meat still sits heavy and I can't eat very much at a time.

I'm only allowed 'clear liquids'.

I have Water, which I've been sipping, Gatorade zero from the hospital, had an .oz of that today, and I'm allowed broth which I didn't try to tackle yet.

After 5-7 days I can move to 'full liquids'.

But right now on just the Clear Liquids is where I'm having such a hard time with the extreme fullness.

I'm only allowed 'clear liquids'.

I have Water, which I've been sipping, Gatorade zero from the hospital, had an .oz of that today, and I'm allowed broth which I didn't try to tackle yet.

After 5-7 days I can move to 'full liquids'.

But right now on just the Clear Liquids is where I'm having such a hard time with the extreme fullness.

Yes, it is normal to feel full like that in the beginning. I am currently at about 3 and 1/2 weeks post op and I still get that extremely full feeling when I eat just a little bit of food.

I was on clear liquids the day after surgery, then moved onto "full liquids" for 2 weeks.

I just want to encourage you to drink plenty of fluids, even though you are feeling full. They told me prior to surgery and after surgery too (my surgeon really wanted me to remember).... to drink plenty of liquids. They said that dehydration is the #1 reason that people have complications and end up back in the hospital. I know they tell you to immediately start getting at least 64 ounces a day of liquids. I was told that was the most important thing.

So even though I was really full, I just kept sipping slowly, small sips... little by little and did get my 64 ounces in.

They even told me to transfer my Water to something like a shot glass to help with the sipsipsip. I did a couple of times because from my big water bottle, it seemed like I was sipping all day and never getting anywhere. Putting 2 oz in a container let me see that I really was getting some down, even if it was VERY SLOW.

It gets better, hang in there!

@@olivejuice

I had Jello on my tray in the hospital, also on my tray was coffee/tea, broth, and a Protein shake. I had to make a decent dent into something to be released from the hospital. I had a Protein Shake, broth and a couple cubes of Jello.< /p>

I wouldn't bother with jello because it has no nutritional value. You should be using all your stomach space for Protein right now. liquid Proteins count as your Water.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

Jello (sugar free) is important because it counts as fluids and is sometimes easier for newly post-ops to stomach.

I'm 6 days post and haven't had too much trouble getting fluids down. I can get down about 4oz of clear fluids and 2oz of "full" liquids. I'm having a hard time not overdoing it, trying to get in all my reqs.

On Monday I was full all day and it was a real struggle. I didn't realize until late afternoon that it might be gas in my stomach. Took some Mylanta and voilá, I can drink!

I too had my sleeve done on Dec 5th and am now able to take 2 ounces of clear but no more and about 1.5 oz of creamy it does stick with me for a while. I am measuring out every bite and sip and between meals just take fluids.

I couldn't drink much Clear Liquids first week either. I stayed hydrated on sugar free popsickles and crushed ice with some sugar free kool aid poured over it. I calculated each sugar free pop-sickle is the equivalent to 3 ounces of Water, and for some reason, the semi-frozen ice liquid was very soothing to my stomach, way less difficult than sipping Water.

I would have gotten dehydrated without the sugar pop sickles.