Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mystery Illness/What's wrong with me?

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been on much lately. Well, I haven't been feeling very well. My left knee has been giving out on me, chest hurting/wheezing, general weak feelings, dropping things, stumbling or falling, tingling in my left arm, etc. It's been really frustrating. I went to my PCP last week and was treated for an upper res. infection, and referred to a knee doc. (appointment is on the 28th) I just assumed, as she did, that the walking problem and weakness were a result of these things. Then, Monday I woke up and couldn't turn my head to the left. Thinking that a disc has slipped out again, I called my chiro.(I was in a bad accident right before school was out and so I thought maybe it had something to do with that) He did his thing but I was still having trouble. THEN, yesterday, I got up and my neck wouldn't turn, my arm was really tingling, and I could barely walk. I went in to the Chiro and he did some electric stimulation, massage and an adjustment but, also, said that he wanted me to see a neurologist and have an MRI done. He said my symptoms are indicative of MS. "What is that I thought?" I came home and tryed to rest. I am still wobbling everywhere and have started having these spasms on my LEFT side(I look like I am having convulsions!). It's been going on all night. I took a muscle relaxer, and motrin but it just keeps getting worse. I can't even walk without help. I'm trying not to get scared but I am really starting to freak out! Has anyone ever heard of symptoms like this?

Lauri,

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well. :( I do hope your doc made an appt for you to get that testing done. I don't know alot about MS myself, however, you can certainly find lots of information online about any disorder. One thing to remember, however, alot of information is outdated and great strides have been made in many illnesses, so you have to read it objectively. It's real easy to let your imagination get the best of you with these kinds of things. Hopefully there will something easier to explain about your sudden onset of symptoms. Educate yourself with what 'can be' and pray for something better. :confused: Keep us posted!

I'm sorry to hear of your problems. Like Leatha said, you really need to go get checked out. We can let our imagination do lots of things to scare us, so it is best to get the testing done and quit worrying. Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.

Lauri, hopefully nothing is wrong. But the important thing is to follow up and get some professional medical answers. Remember, we're not qualified to answer your ?? Take care and best of luck to you!

Absolutely symptoms that should be addressed... especially because you are having chestpain associated with the other symptoms. I would call you M.D. and update them on your continuing problems... further testing should be done... not just a referral in regards to your knee. I would also avoid any further adjustments with your chiro for now... but that is just IMHO.

Darcy

If all that was going on with me darlin, I'd be at our local medcare asap. Sounds like your body is trying to tell you something. I hope everything's ok.

Hi Lauri,

Yes, there is cause for concern, but dont freak out til you have proper testing done to establish what the real issue is.! Stress can manifest itself in all kinds of ways. Please keep us informed and I hope you feel better soon!

Babs in TX

334/188/170

Go back to you PCP right away with an update. I know I don't like to, it seems like worrying over nothing. But what you are feeling is extreme. You need to KNOW what is wrong, for sanity's sake. Insist on an urgent visit, don't wait! I hope you are feeling better soon.

Lauri, I agree with everyone else who's advised you to go to a doctor ASAP. Don't start freaking out about MS (or any other illness) until you've been checked over. Do you have a primary-care doc? Or an HMO nearby? Get there fast -- not because you're necessarily in danger, but just to ease your mind. Good luck, and let us know how you are doing.

I agree 100%

Call your Dr. have them do an extensive blood panel on you not just a CBC

Have them run all the tests imaginable until they come up with an answer. You do not want to go through the Holidays like this, peace of mind is the best gift!

Lauri, I don't want to scare you, but if your PCP can't see you or refer you to a neurologist who can see you today, I would go to the emergency center. I have no idea what your symptoms could mean but they do sound serious. Chest pain, shortness of breath, left arm tingling, and neck pain can all be heart related. Not being able to walk is certainly a serious symptom. This does not sound to me like something that can wait. Please let us know what the doctor says.

Nancy

Lari,

I am surprised that your PCP did not do an EKG when you complained of chest pain and tingling on your left side. The minute I called a few years back with chest pain they got me hooked up ASAP to see if it was my heart. Please get back in there ASAP so that you can find out for sure what is going on and not second guess it could be serious or it could be minor but you will only know when you go..

Keep us posted I hope you get an answer soon.

Lauri,

I really hope you have been seen by now. Like everyone else said, it is important to stay calm but you absolutely MUST be seen as soon as possible too. If your family practitioner couldn't see you today I think you should go to the emergency room too. Keep in touch and I'll be thinking of you, Teresa

What everyone else said. I can't add anything but if you haven't been seen by an MD by now, go to your nearest emergency room. These may be nothing, or they may be vital early warning signs. But you'll never know until the testing is done. With your symptoms and circumstances tests can be done immediately that are normally scheduled weeks out.

Go to the E.R., because we all love you and want you to be safe.

I am sorry to hear about your problems with your health... on the knee I can relate... I too a suplement that Glucosimine condroiton that you can find at any store it did a world of good. My knees are as close as they can get to normal without surgery... and now I would not have it if you paid me. ... I hope you feel better. I will pray for your health.