Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My body KNOWS....

Okay - so I'm 17 days out before surgery. Pre-op diet officially starts next week. Pre-Pre-op diet is now. Getting my mind in gear for protein's and liquids. Joy. Looking forward to all the changes.

What I want to 'complain' about now is...my body KNOWS that I'm about to do something drastic to it, I'm sure of it. stretch marks. I'm talking stretch marks. They started appearing on my belly months ago. Yep, that sign that you know that your pants are actually that tight because your body is now telling you that you're eating too much for your skin. ugh. I know, 'first world problems'. But here's my issue... yesterday.. and I mean yesterday... the normal stretch marks on the belly. Been putting Vitamin e cream on them to keep them in check, drinking more Water, and obviously not eating crap.

But tonight... just tonight.... NEW STRETCH MARKS... angry little red slashes continuing to confirm my suspicions that my body knows.... it just does. I'm not a diva, not planning on becoming a bikini model later in my life, and I've been dealing with stretch marks since my teens (big hips)... I just find it sooo irritating and also ironic that I go on pre-op diet and have been preparing my body for all of these changes, and instead of rewarding me with some weight loss, even a pound or two, it slashes out at me with stretch marks from the inside, showing on the outside... like "Oh no you didn't woman... you're gonna cut out a part of me...I will mark you... you will rue the day..." I feel like the mysterious entity that is inside my body that has a camera to the outside world is waging a war.... like "the hunger games"... pitting my internal organs against my skin. Whoever ends up alive at the end is the winner.

This is just a little rant of mine - I will totally win this hunger game - my body doesn't know that my mind is stronger. Like the mocking jay - I am the change that will win the war... rebel skin be damned.

:)

Put down the sugar-free Jello and back away slowly... She is going to go nutballs!

Just messing with you! Our bodies are absolutely amazing in so many ways, some better than others.

hahaha

Thank you sir - I feel like I'm going nuts sometimes... thinking what did I get myself into? Then think - Okay, you can do this... it's for your health and the rest of your life.

:) I appreciate the laughs!