Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I could have Decaf in the hospital. Crazy thing though, I couldn't get my day started without caffeine before surgery and I loved coffee but I can't drink it now. No appeal at all.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I started drinking Decaf about 3 months before surgery.

I was drinking close to 2 litres of strong coffee before and definitely a caffeine junky.

After suffering through the headaches and general malaise of quitting, I vowed that I would stick with decaf only post op and never let myself get addicted to caffeine again.

To my surprise, at 5 weeks post op I have no desire for coffee at all. I've had a few decaf teas, which is a nice way to warm up in our cold climate this time of year.

Hi :)

I had my surgery on November the 14th.

I started drinking decaffeinated coffee about 5 days ago. I have around 2 big cups a day and I love it.

I also drink Decaf cold unsweet tea.

I was drinking close to 2 litres of strong coffee before and definitely a caffeine junky.

After suffering through the headaches and general malaise of quitting, I vowed that I would stick with decaf only post op and never let myself get addicted to caffeine again.

To my surprise, at 5 weeks post op I have no desire for coffee at all. I've had a few decaf teas, which is a nice way to warm up in our cold climate this time of year.

I had a huge caffeine and diet coke addiction for most of my life. I drank it all up until 3 days before my surgery, but I have now been without it for over 2 months, and my plan is to never go back. I can't say that I don't miss it -- I do and I'd be lying if I said that I don't -- but I think it is in my best interest to capitalize on my hard work of ridding myself of it.

I mostly drink Water, but I usually have 16 oz of decaf iced tea with 1 stevia packet in the evenings. That's about it. (I never was a coffee drinker...)

I had a huge caffeine and diet coke addiction for most of my life. I drank it all up until 3 days before my surgery, but I have now been without it for over 2 months, and my plan is to never go back. I can't say that I don't miss it -- I do and I'd be lying if I said that I don't -- but I think it is in my best interest to capitalize on my hard work of ridding myself of it.

I mostly drink Water, but I usually have 16 oz of decaf iced tea with 1 stevia packet in the evenings. That's about it. (I never was a coffee drinker...)

Aye, I was also a Diet Cokehead for 16 years prior to this year. When I read that carbonated beverages were off plan and would likely remain so either permanently or for at least a year or so, I replaced that with coffee. So instead of 2 coffees and a 52oz Diet Coke per day, I just replaced with 4 super sized truck stop coffees. 2 years ago, I was popping 6-8 wake-ups (little pink 100mg caffeine tablets) and chasing them with Diet Coke or coffee.

It was ugly, and quitting sucked but remembering those headaches helped me along. I also haven't had a single heart palpitation or problems sleeping since about 1 month after quitting.

Same. It was given to me on my tray in the hospital. I even went to my favorite coffee shop a few days ago to get a cup of Decaf and wasn't really into it.

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I'm able to drink 2 oz of Decaf coffee each morning.. Full after that.. I keep the same coffee in cup so that i don't waste remainder and keep using.. Another thing that happened I do not have to use stool softener of any sort because of this.

Sleeved 11/16

SW 329

CW 294

Edited by dretxsleeve16

I've been cleared for Decaf coffee on all stages. I got it in the hospital the morning after and it was amazing. Might want to check with your doctor but I think the worry with coffee is that some research suggests caffeine is hard on the stomach lining and can cause more acid production. Long story short, decaf is fine! :)