Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Big Day Today 23/11

Getting sleeved this afternoon. Suddenly super scared. Have been waiting to do this for over a year. Any advice? Will keep you posted on how everything goes. Husband and best friend are very supportive but haven't told my kids or anyone else because don't want my daughters to think this is an easy way out. I want them to believe in exercise and diet. And I really don't want anyone who doesn't know how it feels to be overweight and suffering with being overweight to give me BS advice. I love doing sports and have always been active. But after fourth kid can't seem to lose more than 5 kilos and keep regaining them. My husband and kids have always been a priority. Doing this step for ME.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@sleevermomof4 sending positive thoughts your way! You will share your journey with others when you are ready. I've never seen anyone say "this is the easy way", and I'm sure you will put forth your best efforts as you continue your journey.

All the best Today!

I had my sleeve done on the 7th of November. I felt afraid the day before my surgery. The day of I was remarkably calm. It's so great that you have people who support you. I did as well and it made all b the difference. You can't control what others think. Those who would think this is the easy way out could not be more wrong. For me this was all that was left. I am 60 years old and my weight has been steadily going up all of my life. I've been on every diet or so it seemed. I couldn't do it anymore. You know what is right for you so trust that you have made the best decision to enable you to have a healthy life. Good luck with your surgery. I know you'll do great!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App

Good luck, relax and take it one day at a time..you will be fine and the journey will be kinda tough but the results mentally and physically will be AMAZING????Prayers for a healthy recovery

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Good luck and sending prayers your way

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Thank you all so much for your wishes. I made it through the surgery. Finished about three hours ago. I think I was so scared that I am surprised at how smoothly everything went thank God.

How I felt immediately after:

Had a feeling of pressure as if I need to burp badly. It was painful but manageable.

My stomach feels sore but nothing compared to pain of Caesarian .

I walked twice and had some sips of Water.

Still feel a little drowsy but grateful to have done it . Thank you all for your well wishes.

Will keep you posted

Yes, Gas D strips are great, just put one in tongue and it dissolves. Keep walking. For the 1st 2 weeks post op, I didn't take Vitamins ECT because I was on liquids BUT once I started taking meds, I started taking apple cider vinegar pills (from GNC). This helps with reflux, Gas ext. Congratulations on this new chapter of your life!

I had mine today too!! And so funny how you said it did not compare to a c section--when I woke up in recovery without pain meds I quickly realized I could never give birth! Lol!

Here is my post surgery update:

Came out of surgery at 8 30 pm feeling fantastic. Around 11 pm was able to walk every half an hour around hospital floor was having sips of Water and generally feeling ecstatic to have it over and done with.

I must have slept for two hours woke up with belly super extended and extreme pain throughout my upper body. Specially shoulders and belly and sides.

This continued getting worse. Nurses and doctors told me I need to move in order to release gases, gave me mutliple pain relievers but nothing helped. Every time I tried to stand up the pain got so extreme I ended up fully fainting four times.