Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im 10 weeks out tomorrow! at 5 weeks i was clearrd to resume a healthy diet. i was eating salmon with veg lots of souo baked Beans grilled chicken salads. im from the UK so our olan alloes u to eat normally 5 weeks out. its all about experimenting and often paying the price for it.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

soup***

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

I am 3 weeks as of yesterday. My dr approved soft foods after week 2. I wouldn't see why it would hurt to sample a couple favorites. Just nothing too hard (like nuts or raw veggies). Oh, and you said mash potatoes, does your dr allow that? Mine said no white potatoes, white rice or white Pasta for a YEAR! I can't imagine one bite or two would hurt though. post-306277-1479856487992_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

You should still be on soft foods. You should be able to smash with a fork. Same rules about Protein first. At least 60-70 grams a day. 64 oz. of Water and take your Vitamins. Don't rush the breads and crackers and carbs. They slow weight loss. Don't try to cheat. We didn't go through all this to end up the same way as we began. You can do this! Surgery will give us that brand new healthy life we dreamed about, if we let it! ????

Sent from my XT1585 using the BariatricPal App

I will be 5 weeks out on Friday. I was allowed to eat pureed foods post op wk1 and soft foods week 2 & 3. I hit a stall on wk1..and now I'm stalled again...it's a bit discouraging considering people lose what I did in a wk vs my month????. I'm eating clean and supplementing with 1 shake a day to make goal. Usually along the lines of grilled chicken and steamed veggies. I can get about 2 oz of Protein and 1.5 oz per meal. Best of luck on your journey!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

I am 3 weeks as of yesterday. My dr approved soft foods after week 2. I wouldn't see why it would hurt to sample a couple favorites. Just nothing too hard (like nuts or raw veggies). Oh, and you said mash potatoes, does your dr allow that? Mine said no white potatoes, white rice or white Pasta for a YEAR! I can't imagine one bite or two would hurt though. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1479856485.453681.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@red67stang I don't know what I'd do if I wasn't allowed mashed potatoes. ???? I'm almost 4 months post-op and still have hard days, but my sleeve will only hold so many different foods, one being mashed potatoes.

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm in week 5 now. The biggest change for me is my Dietitian said to wean myself off Protein shakes and focus on getting my Protein from food. So I'm mostly having Greek Yogurt (Oikos Triple Zero) for Breakfast. lunch is chili- I make it in the crockpot on Sundays and measure out a cup to take to work every day. So far I've made a turkey chili with Beans and a green chili with pork. Snacks are lunch meat, string cheese, or a babybel cheese. For dinner I try to experiment with new foods. My dietitian said to try EVERYTHING. Believe it or not- potatoes AND bread are on my plan, as long as the bread is toasted. My Dietitian even said to try thin crust pizza with a lot of meat toppings, and it worked well for me. But most nights I do some sort of protein- Turkey burger, baked tilapia, or steamed salmon. I'm not doing many veggies yet outside of what I throw into my chili.