Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Venting here! I had me surgery 9/20/16 HW:240 SW:226 CW:204.6 and I have been working hard to follow the rules. I feel I'm strong and with the sleeve in place I would say I'm doing good. I'm a slow loser but that's ok. With that being said a young lady that I know had the sleeve about a month before me. She eats everything. chips, bread and all. She says she is done losing weight and she is trying not to lose anymore. It really bugs me when if I don't drink enough Water my weight is stalling. How many people are losing too much weight?

Sent from my VS985 4G using the BariatricPal App

I'm in the process of figuring out how much to eat so I don't lose any more....I would never think about eating chips or bread though.

It's not healthy to compare ourselves to anyone else... there's just too many variables

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

Just watch the person who you know. Their weight will return because "their sleeve didn't work". They are making crappy choices while you're doing it right and have learned how to eat. Congrats to you you and sucks to be them!

Im trying to think about all that also??? Sleeved November 9th..I'm also slow at losing but Im 47yrs and I assume that's how its going to be and I'm okay with that but what is the diet of most of you to keep a steady weight lose (healthy) because I was told your stomach can stretch and being in the same state I was in before the procedure is not an option for me..at least not for the next 47yrs ????

Sent from my SM-N920P using the BariatricPal App

Don't worry your sleeve won't stretch but you will gain weight if you drink with your meals because the Fluid moves the food down into you intestines and makes room for more food. Gained caused by a steady diet of cheese cake, pizza and natchos goes without saying!

I was sleeved on 10/17/16 I'm down 35 lbs I drink 64 oz of Water a day and drink one Protein shake a day I have the Isopure it's 50 grams of Protein for two scoops everyone loses differently if you make the right choices you will lose the weight if that person wants to eat the way she wants then that's up to her you sound like your on the right track

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I've told myself I can't ever eat Pasta, bread, rice, fried food or Desserts....and I don't touch it. I have myself convinced that I will be sooooo sick if I do eat any of those things (and I probably would be)

I think I'm more scared that I might NOT get sick if I ate that stuff.

I'm 6 months post op.

I had gastric bypass

SW-224

CW- 146

Edited by Pup

I've told myself I can't ever eat Pasta, bread, rice, fried food or desserts....and I don't touch it. I have myself convinced that I will be sooooo sick if I do eat any of those things (and I probably would be)

I think I'm more scared that I might NOT get sick if I ate that stuff.

I'm 6 months post op.

I had gastric bypass

SW-224

CW- 146

This is inspiration! I like the last sentence....I too will b scared I might NOT get sick. My surgery is next Tuesday and right now my biggest thought is WTF will I be eating. Lol. It will b fine - I hope iam as successful as u. Iam 210 w a goal of 145. So thanks for brightening my day!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I've been losing weight fast enough since I started my pre-op plan that I seriously debated going through the surgery. I went ahead with it. I am mystified by the cheaters though. This whole thing is to lose weight. Why sabotage yourself, especially after all the work, pain, and suffering?

The people where I went prescribe an 80/20 approach to eating, once we get where we are going, or are happy with our progress. Each person is a little different in how they can apply that. It amounts to eating good food at least 80% of the time, with the other 20% allowed for treats and goodies.

I'm probably running at 90/10 right now, and am losing at a very comfortable rate. I don't intend to jeopardize that by stuffing myself with the bad stuff just because I can. It has been too much work to get where I am, and I have a ways to go yet.

Exactly what @highfunctioningfatman said. Stay the course, you have a low weight (compared to someone like me who was hw310 sw300) - it will come. And you'll be better prepared for the rest of your life, unlike chip girl.

I've been losing weight fast enough since I started my pre-op plan that I seriously debated going through the surgery. I went ahead with it. I am mystified by the cheaters though. This whole thing is to lose weight. Why sabotage yourself, especially after all the work, pain, and suffering?

The people where I went prescribe an 80/20 approach to eating, once we get where we are going, or are happy with our progress. Each person is a little different in how they can apply that. It amounts to eating good food at least 80% of the time, with the other 20% allowed for treats and goodies.

I'm probably running at 90/10 right now, and am losing at a very comfortable rate. I don't intend to jeopardize that by stuffing myself with the bad stuff just because I can. It has been too much work to get where I am, and I have a ways to go yet.

Agreed. I'm on full foods now and will take a bite of hubby's dessert - I try not to deprive myself because for me (me alone, I'm not advocating this) I can have the one bite which prevents the bingeing on sweets (haven't done this yet, but know it's been my issue in the past). I think a 90/10 rule is healthy. Again, for ME and after cleared for full diet.

Venting here! I had me surgery 9/20/16 HW:240 SW:226 CW:204.6 and I have been working hard to follow the rules. I feel I'm strong and with the sleeve in place I would say I'm doing good. I'm a slow loser but that's ok. With that being said a young lady that I know had the sleeve about a month before me. She eats everything. chips, bread and all. She says she is done losing weight and she is trying not to lose anymore. It really bugs me when if I don't drink enough Water my weight is stalling. How many people are losing too much weight?

Sent from my VS985 4G using the BariatricPal App

I love dr. Matthew Weiner's videos (you can find them on youtube) he has one about "how much weight will i use" he indicates that in the 1st year that is largely determined by genetics...they have identified the "fat gene" if you have it you will lose more slowly and may not get as low as those who don't. (I am also a slow loser). She is probably one of those people who doesn't have the "fat gene". What Dr Weiner says, however, is that at the 3 year mark when people start to have regain, it is the people who are eating a healthy diet that do better or keep it off. so your acquaintance may be fine now...3 years from now, she may be on here talking about how her sleeve stopped working.