Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Pasta

Hey everyone!

Was looking up options for low carb Pasta and came across something called miracle noodles (www.miraclenoodles.com).......has anyone tried them? Would you recommend this product? Are there any other types of low carb pastas that you can suggest?

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

I don't do Pasta at all anymore. I do Zoodles (zucchini noodles). They're yummy! I don't even miss pasta.

I use shiritaki noodles. They have no calories and are made from yam. You can get them at any Asian or health food store. They taste a bit off to me, but I cover them in sauce.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

I have eaten then in the past and they are ok but if it's just bulk then I'm not sure that they are useful with WLS. They are low carb but do they have any nutritional value? Protein?

I make the zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash. Everyone likes them.

They're not that nice and smell a bit yuck in the packet they are like eating a highly processed food zucchini noodles are yummy and I see some people use squash for noodles also I haven't tried that.

Sent from my iPhone

I still haven't tried this.

http://www.eatbanza.com

These noodles are made from chickpeas so they are lower in carb and have good Protein. I've read they are really good.

Thks! Just looking for options!

Sent from my SM-G935P using the BariatricPal App

I bought some edemame spagetti noodles at the local health food store. I haven tried them yet, but they are 200 cals a serving and 24g of Protein.

HW 385 SW 359 CW 331 (54lbs down!) Sleeved 10/5/16

I don't do Pasta at all anymore. I do Zoodles (zucchini noodles). They're yummy! I don't even miss pasta.

Yuck! I don't like squash. I've had it many ways over the years and the only time that I found it passable was zucchini and pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie or zucchini relish.

I have tried them. They smell kibd of weird and fishy.....not too bad though. They come in different shapes but all have the same texture of a glass noodle....if youre familiar. Like a clear noodle in some Oriental foods. They basically take on the flavor of the sauce on them. It is not really a spaghetti style noodle....more like ramen.

Sent from my SM-J700P using the BariatricPal App

I love them, but it took years of learning to cook them right. First you rinse them to death and then dry fry them. I like to use curry sauces with them. The spinach and tofu versions are nicer than the straight yam ones.

I use Protein Pasta on the VERY rare occassion I have Pasta. Maybe 3 times in the past 16 months and even then just a couple of dessert spoons and after I have got my Protein in.

Kate

I've had miracle noodles (which are shiritaki). They are alright but I didn't find them terribly enjoyable. I much prefer riced cauliflower or steamed cauliflower as a Pasta substitute. Once sleeved, I see them becoming virtually useless as an addition to your diet. They will take up pouch space and provide nothing in return as they have no nutritional value.

However, I do use the cauliflower version of things to get rid of any pasta-like wants. Or I just make whatever pasta-y dish, only without the actual Pasta haha.