Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I too "tight" ? .... 2nd fill yesterday

Hi gang, I had my 2nd fill yest. and I was able to drink my 500 ml of Water before leaving the clinic.

THen on the drive home I drank a Decaf coffee slowly. but o.k.

I had a protien shake last night.

BUT this morning I started to have a cup of tea, and took too big a gulp and my TEA got stuck. Really hurt, so PB'd.

I waited another hour then now I am SIPPING more clear tea...

will I be tight all day now?

When should I try a pro shake? ??

I dont want a defil , as I know this fill will loosen up in a couple of days.

Any suggestions?:help:

The band is often at its very tightest first thing in the morning. Slowly sipping a warm drink - tea or coffee - will loosen it up and by dinner time it should be relatively easy to eat your small meal provided that you take small bites and chew, chew, chew. The fill folks often recommend that during the first 24 hours following a fill you go easy on the band by only having Soups and other liquids.< /p>

I note that you, like me, are a TLBC graduate. Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss.

Thanks Green;

I called the Fill nurse at TBLC and she suggested trying some Oatmeal/milk... I used a baby spoon and took VERY small bites, and tried to chew a long time before swallowing.

It did not get stuck but I am getting a few burps...

I can live with that!

Peaches I would hold out for a day or two. I was often very tight in the am after a fill. I could only eat half of what I could before fill. You should feel better by mid day. This should relax a bit day by day. If you keep pb ing don't wait and get a small defill.

Hello Peaches,

Same thing happended to me after my third fill. I was at 9 cc and I could still eat and drink very slowly and very little, but I felt that everything I swallowed was just sitting there, before slowly going down. Lots of burping as well. I had a very hard week, then finally gave in went back to TLBC. Nancy took out .25 cc and I instantly felt better. If you do not see an improvement in a couple of day, I say you should go for a defill. You can always get another fill if you do not feel enough restriction.

Hello Peaches,

Same thing happended to me after my third fill. I was at 9 cc and I could still eat and drink very slowly and very little, but I felt that everything I swallowed was just sitting there, before slowly going down. Lots of burping as well. I had a very hard week, then finally gave in went back to TLBC. Nancy took out .25 cc and I instantly felt better. If you do not see an improvement in a couple of day, I say you should go for a defill. You can always get another fill if you do not feel enough restriction.

I was a bit worried last night when at work I couldn't finish a snack Pak of tuna salad... I was hungry but it just was not going down easily. I was starting to feel a bit of pressure..

Later at home though I made a bowl (oatmeal packett) of oatmeal 3/4 cup + milk and some Protein powder... ate it slowly and was fine. Slept well.

When I got up this a.m. I took it very slow with my Water. Breakfast was turkey salad on a wasa... only ate 1/2 of that.

lunch was better, ate 1/2 cup turkey salad and 1/2 vanilla pudding.

It seems its harder to get in the liquids H2O than the solids...??? Am I weird or what.?

Peaches are you having any reflux? You are probably a little tight but try and take in the fluids. It might loosen up a bit.

Peaches are you having any reflux? You are probably a little tight but try and take in the fluids. It might loosen up a bit.

Nope, no reflux... just gotta chew 30/bite and not rush my bites... I don't think I knew the meaning of the word "SLOW" until I got this 2nd fill.

I still have trouble with liquids, but solids are better today.. So I must be loosening a tad.

Peaches one thing to remember is right after we get a fill we have swelling and it makes us tighter than we are. I have this problem and question every fill, I have found for me if I wait a week and I am stil having problems I do need to have a slight unfill.

My Dr does not let me onto a solids for 3 days after a fill then I can progress to mushies again, so maybe that might help you. I was told that it does help with the swelling!

Don't suffer though, I tried that once, no good at all! :car:

Good luck, and listen to your body it knows best!

Thanks for the advise BOO BOO KITTY, Your stats are fabulous!!! I love it.

I was a bit worried last night when at work I couldn't finish a snack Pak of tuna salad... I was hungry but it just was not going down easily. I was starting to feel a bit of pressure..

Later at home though I made a bowl (oatmeal packett) of oatmeal 3/4 cup + milk and some Protein powder... ate it slowly and was fine. Slept well.

When I got up this a.m. I took it very slow with my Water. Breakfast was turkey salad on a wasa... only ate 1/2 of that.

lunch was better, ate 1/2 cup turkey salad and 1/2 vanilla pudding.

It seems its harder to get in the liquids H2O than the solids...??? Am I weird or what.?

Nothing weird about you Peaches. This sound very similar to when I was at 9cc. I ended up going for a small defill (.25cc), but as this is only your second fill, give it a few days and see if it gets better. For me, I am usualy really tight the first few days after a fill, but it gets better. That said, only you can make the decision if you need a defill. You're the one that has to live with it. :biggrin1:

10 days since my 2nd fill.

This band is so finicky! Yest I was able to eat 1500 cals. ( 400 too many, poor choices)

Now this morning I was resolved to eat more healthily...

I am eating 2 scrambled eggs. ANd they are having trouble going down... weird!!! Burping...

I did the gym at 7:15 a.m. hoping that would loosen me up prior to breaky.

Guess I'll just have to wait it out. eggs aren't stuck, just dosn't feel right.

Am I just Full??? this is such a learning curve.

Peaches you may just be full. It has been 10 days now. Do you like how you feel? If you don't then maybe a tiny defill is in order. As long as you are not pbing and can handle how you feel you can stay the way you are I think. I have never felt that tight and know that I need a little fill for sure.

Peaches you may just be full. It has been 10 days now. Do you like how you feel? If you don't then maybe a tiny defill is in order. As long as you are not pbing and can handle how you feel you can stay the way you are I think. I have never felt that tight and know that I need a little fill for sure.

Hi Donna;

What and how much are you eating at Breakfast? What time of morning are you able to eat breakfast.?

Should I just give in and have a pro shake for my 1st meal of the day?

DH was away this week, and I've had a couple of poor food choices!! Last night I had 3 chicken fingers, which brought my cal for the day to 1200... the night before though I had 1900!! Stupid!

:faint:

Yes the band is finicky. One day you can eat chicken and the next you can't eat it.I find i can't eat anything til after 9 or !0 in morning.I am going to see if Dr Yau can put in 2 cc's on Oct 2. If not i will have to see Nancy. Dh doesn't want me to have any put in til i get this cleared up.I want to start losing again.