Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Vitamins ????

my lapband surgery is THIS Friday, Sept 14th. I went yesterday (Tuesday) and bought tons of flavored bottled Water, Gas X strips, Benefiber chewable tablets, advil, and anything else i could think of that i might need. Like applesauce and sugar free Jello.

the thing i'm most concerned about at this point is the liquid Vitamins that I was told I would need to start taking daily w/the lapband. i had a hard time finding it at the pharmacy.

I ended up buying Viativ Chewable Multi-Vitamins. Well, i thought i'd try one tonight to see how they were and the one i ate practically melted in my mouth, so it seems like it would be considered a liquid.< /p>

WHAT FORM/BRAND OF MULTI-VITAMINS DO YA'LL SUGGEST?

AND....IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD BUY IN PREPARATION FOR MY SURGERY SO I CAN COME HOME AND HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED ALREADY HERE. TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING TOGETHER FOR LESS STRESS AND WORRY THE DAYS AFTER SURGERY SO I CAN JUST RECOUPERATE AND GET TO KNOW MY BAND.

thanks! xoxo, Hazeleyegrl1

broth, sf popsicles, sf Jello, water.. also as far as I know ibuprofen is no longer to be taken after surgery or 10 days before- they have liquid form adult strenght tylenol at the drug store- also a heating pad is nice after for the port pain and the gas

Most will tell you to crunch up a flintstone Vitamin into powder. However these are trully made for children. If you visit my website we have something that is trully made to help you. Take a look at the contents

http://www.ageluniverse.net/gelmedia/auimages/supp_min.pdf the last of this is like berry and it tastes just like a flintstone only it has the RDI ( Recommended Daily Intake ) of Vitamins for you. I hope this information has helped you. God Bless

You should definitely purchase a heating pad. Despite what someone said about the flinstone Vitamins, I have been taking them everyday and they are really working for me on occassion my husband has taken them too. As for them not being for adults, I beg to differ since on the label it states the daily percentages for adults and children, true we will not get the same percentage of daily vitamins as children but we get a generous amount. Go to the store and read the label for yourself, you will be surprised, it's the only Vitamin I've been able to stick to since I can remember, I've always struggled with keeping up with my vitamins but now I've got Flintstones. I haven't been able to find a liquid vitamin only the liquid tylenol and that works when you need it so make sure you get a bottle. Oh don't forget to get a child size spoon and fork set it helps when you are able to eat, you generally will eat less because of the smaller size utensils. Good luck! Keep us posted.

Hi. I am a Pharmacist and I say that the flinstone Vitamins are fins, as stated on the label they are for adults as weel. I have many adults who take this. I personally take a liquid vitamin/mineral/anti oxidant supplement called VEMMA. I have been taking this for over a year and will continue to do so after surgery. See this site www.vemma.com/teamkearney

It

Hi. I am a Pharmacist and I say that Flintstone Vitamins are fine. They are also for adults, so it's fine. I have been taking a liquid vitamin/mineral/anti oxidant supplement for over a year called VEMMA. I will continue to take it after surgery. See www.vemma.com/teamkearney

I also have been using the infant fork/spoon set to eat for a week now. That's a good idea.

I love the idea of the infant fork and spoon. I did buy some baby bowls to keep my portions small I also bought some nice Asian bowls that I think are for Sushi but I think I can use them better because they are small

my lapband surgery is THIS Friday, Sept 14th. I went yesterday (Tuesday) and bought tons of flavored bottled Water, Gas X strips, Benefiber chewable tablets, advil, and anything else i could think of that i might need. Like applesauce and sugar free Jello.

the thing i'm most concerned about at this point is the Liquid Vitamins that I was told I would need to start taking daily w/the lapband. i had a hard time finding it at the pharmacy.

I ended up buying Viativ Chewable Multi-Vitamins. Well, i thought i'd try one tonight to see how they were and the one i ate practically melted in my mouth, so it seems like it would be considered a liquid.

WHAT FORM/BRAND OF MULTI-VITAMINS DO YA'LL SUGGEST?

AND....IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD BUY IN PREPARATION FOR MY SURGERY SO I CAN COME HOME AND HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED ALREADY HERE. TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING TOGETHER FOR LESS STRESS AND WORRY THE DAYS AFTER SURGERY SO I CAN JUST RECOUPERATE AND GET TO KNOW MY BAND.

thanks! xoxo, Hazeleyegrl1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanted to say congratulation on making this important move!

Also, I was advise that the only over the counter pain killer that should be taken is Tylenol 7-10 before and after surgery. Double check with your surgeon if Advil and okay.

I was banded on last Friday! You'll do great. Saturday and Sunday will Suck, but Monday will be OK, Tuesday will be better, and Wednesday was great (so far) Remember to get bandaids large and small. I could take off the ones from the hospital and redress them on Monday. The fabric type ones that are flexiable worked the best for me. They didn't even attempt to peel up on the edges. You have to change them after every shower. So you'll need a little stock pile of them. I'm allergic to latex, I'd recomend everyone get NON latex. You can develop an allergy in no time flat. As far as Vitamins, I got the liquid from GNC, but it is toxic swamp Water, I can't tolerate it. I got the kid's Gummy bear ones. I chew them until they are liquid and then swallow a little water behind them. They are so yummy. It's a little treat. Good Luck!!!

Congratulations on your band. I hope your journey is a success.

I bought the Centrum Liquid Vitamin (at Wal-Mart) When purchasing Vitamins make sure that the vitamin you buy has mineral. This is what my nutritionist told me. She even mention the Viativ chewable Multi-Vitamins. She said this is a good vitamin but lack minerals. This is just something to look for while shopping for your Liquid Multivitamin. She even said that the chewable children Flintstone vitamin is a great choice.

You didn't mention your Protein Drink. Have you bought that also.

A heating pad is your best friend I am told. I've bought one. I was told to buy some Mederma for the incisions and I had already bought some Benedryl Cream (anti-inch) I bought gauze 4X4 squares for when you change the bands on your incisions. I have bandaids.

My nutritionist mention to get some supplement to get your Calcium.< /p>

I bought the CITRICAL. (cube of chocolate candy)

There are so many things you can buy but I guess you have to rationalize and decide if you really need it. I've bought almost anything anyone said they used. I just don't want anyone to have to go purchase anything for me after surgery. I want to have it all here at home.

Hope everything goes well and let me know how the surgery goes.

Make sure to get your prescriptions filled before you surgery.

Oh yeah, I also bought some Adult TYLENOL LIQUID PAIN MEDICINE.

(Just in case I need it). I got that at wal-mart also.