Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calling all December 2016 sleevers!

@@erica_ozzy73 I only have three wounds one to the right of my belly one to my left and one below my sternum as well- the one below my sternum was where the liver retractor was- at least that's what my dr told me so nearly everyone should have that one because it's where the liver is lifted for the procedure

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I look like I've been in a stabbing street fight lol

I'm 6 weeks out and it gets tricky after one month but keep pushing. The body is playing catch up as far as lbs dropping but the inches are still making their mark. Stay active and follow your plan is the advice I keep getting when I get discouraged and so far it's been great advice . My doc says I'm on track with 27 lbs lost in 6 weeks but total of 51 since pre op and he says body can't distinguish difference it just knows it's lost 51 lbs so it has to play catch up with itself . So , I'm being patient n obedient n doing what I should.

You look great... your face has definitely changed and everything else will follow suit in due time. ???? good luck.

It's been a month since my surgery 12/20/16, I think I'm doing pretty good especially with inches, my lbs are kinda at a steady pace. I started out at 267 before surgery I weighed 258 now I'm stuck at 242...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using the BariatricPal App

NoLAgirl Girlllll!!!!!!!! I'm in the same boat as you!! I had my surgery two days after you and weight about the same as you and I'm also stuck around the same number as you currently. The struggle is real.

post-301417-14850821813385_thumb.jpg

The dr told me too center was were they went in to lift the liver off the stomach- the one side is where they had the drain exit and placed two stitches to hold the drain- the right is an incision- the scar above my belly button is from having it pierced although there is a small incision inside my belly button they made as well which is where the sucked my stomach out of when I was sleeved-

I think sometimes size plays a factor as to how many cuts you get as well- I was 223 at surgery

I've lost 40lb! woooop in 5 weeks :) I'm still trying to learn my portion sizes. Last night I had a celebratory dinner out! I had Hummus with meat yummm. I could only eat a quarter of a pita lol with hummus and a lil beef on top with onions and cucumbers. Hummus has been my go to favorite part of the last month. Now back to low to no carbs and Protein shakes! I've noticed my "capacity" is about 3-4oz. It's hard to measure when it's not measured for you in a prepackaged container :/ I have been running with my dog and going to the gym too. I'm gonna start making tuna this week and get more veggies in, cause we can't live off Protein Shakes for the rest of our lives

is anyone eating cheese a lot? I find myself trying to cut back on cheese but I keep buying little wax cheeses lol

is anyone eating cheese a lot? I find myself trying to cut back on cheese but I keep buying little wax cheeses lol

I eat more cheese now then ever before.. it's great for Protein and so low in carbs. I use cottage cheese twice a day as the wax kinda cheeses .. hard cheese and ricotta ... cheese on and in everything lol

That's funny bcuz I've Been craving cheese a lot idk what's up with that but at the same time I don't want other problems like not being able to go to the restroom lol

That's y I had to cut it out.

That's funny bcuz I've Been craving cheese a lot idk what's up with that but at the same time I don't want other problems like not being able to go to the restroom lol

YESSSS! CHEESE! I bought a package of the light Baby Bell cheeses. I eat one when I get home from work. Tides me over nicely to dinner.

I did the sleeve on 12/13/16 surgical weight was 190 losing 9 pounds in pre op diet.

Now just over 6 weeks I am 163.

But I feel I still can't tolerate a lot of soft food diet. so I resort to Protein Shakes and Protein Water.< /p>

trying my best to get my protein from proper food but still can't get enough as I feel so full from just a 1-2 teaspoon.

however, I tolerate very well plain yogurt or yogurt with fruit. a slice of small cracker cheddar cheese a day.

I can eat soft boiled egg but that will keep me full for a long time. yesterday i tried white fish one half hand size fillet. it was so delicious but I just felt so full as if I ate one and half a chicken (as I used to eat before). I have always been a massive protein eater.

Not complaining, it is great. But I am wondering what is your thoughts in getting real protein at this stage. knowing everyone is different. how frequent do you eat.

Because even though i'm losing weight i fear i'm losing the good weight (muscles) rather than fat.

I stalled but it finally broke this week

MsShortyDee

I feel the exact same and I am 8 weeks out... it was like reading about myself... I can't tolerate much of anything still... I am real good with tuna though... grilled chicken breast goes down easy and retried Beans, hummus, boiled eggs,

and Greek yogurt. My nutritionist said that o am doing fine and my doc said I may just be one of those patients that take a little extra time to get reacquainted with certain foods due to every time I try something new I get sick. So, thus far I have lost 33 lbs since surgery ... 56 lbs total since pre op diet .... I started out at 242 pre op and surgery I was 219 lbs. my body is changing and I am so grateful just moving forward and waiting for 6 month mark to see where I am. Good luck to us all . We are on the losers bench n kicking butt.. yaayyy!!!!!!

I did the sleeve on 12/13/16 surgical weight was 190 losing 9 pounds in pre op diet.

Now just over 6 weeks I am 163.

But I feel I still can't tolerate a lot of soft food diet. so I resort to Protein Shakes and Protein Water.< /p>

trying my best to get my protein from proper food but still can't get enough as I feel so full from just a 1-2 teaspoon.

however, I tolerate very well plain yogurt or yogurt with fruit. a slice of small cracker cheddar cheese a day.

I can eat soft boiled egg but that will keep me full for a long time. yesterday i tried white fish one half hand size fillet. it was so delicious but I just felt so full as if I ate one and half a chicken (as I used to eat before). I have always been a massive protein eater.

Not complaining, it is great. But I am wondering what is your thoughts in getting real protein at this stage. knowing everyone is different. how frequent do you eat.

Because even though i'm losing weight i fear i'm losing the good weight (muscles) rather than fat.

Edited by Dknal2