Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone regret having surgery?

Without reading through 11 pages..Yes..but only because of the financial burden. I feel guilty for having spent that much money on myself. But also there was not really any way of knowing my hubs would get cut back on pay...so now with the holidays and two kids with birthdays next month too, I'm feeling regret because we could have used that money for other things. Hindsights 20/20

@@HisMrsWright Have you tried going back to clear liquid Protein to get yourself hydrated and some nutrients into your body? I don't know where you are on your diet or where you're supposed to be on your plan at 4 weeks, but I had quite a lot of nausea as I advanced my diet in the first 8 weeks or so...backing off helped get it under control more than once.

In my diet I am supposed to be on regular soft foods. When I do eat I only ever eat chicken noodle Soup or some other mostly liquid Soup. I also found added more foods was making it worse. I can't stand Protein shakes because everything is so sweet. I've tried a few different unflavored ones and it's obvious it's in there. I was always really easily grossed out and now it's multiplied times 100. I feel like I'm pregnant with awful morning sickness.

I spoke to the doctor today who says they don't think anything is wrong on the inside and they believe it's just taking me longer to heal. I asked if it was possible I had a small issue that isn't showing symptoms and they said. It likely. So they are prescribing another medication and more zofran. The new medication is supposed to make it easier for my esophagus to let me eat and drink. Let's see how this works. Im waiting for the pharmacy to call.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Without reading through 11 pages..Yes..but only because of the financial burden. I feel guilty for having spent that much money on myself. But also there was not really any way of knowing my hubs would get cut back on pay...so now with the holidays and two kids with birthdays next month too, I'm feeling regret because we could have used that money for other things. Hindsights 20/20

Yes! Yes! Yes!

All told I have spent about $3K with insurance. My surgery charges are still processing. That includes Optifast, EGD fees, Vitamins and medicines, an "elective surgery" fee, anesthesia and provider fees, supplements (seriously don't buy many ahead of time and buy sample packs instead), copays, gas to go to the center, times I've had to take off work to go to the center for the bizarre meeting times, and the "program" fee.

I am struggling something fierce and I seriously regret having surgery.

I regret not doing it sooner, but that doesn't really bear on your question. Everyone is going to be different, have different reasons, different situations. It might be good for you is to identify WHY you are feeling this regret. Then, determine whether or not it is something you can change. It is attitude? It is behavior? Might it be your environment that is causing this?

If you are regretting the actual surgery itself, this might be your "suck it up and move on" moment. There isn't a lot one can do about that. But a lot of the other stuff can and should be dealt with in as constructive a manner as possible. Find some supportive friends or fellow travelers. Change some of the things around you in your environment. Change the way you think about things - not easy, but possible. I sort of regret not having a beer anymore, but it is fading fast, and is a lot like when I was a kid thinking, "I'll never get tired of these toys!" There comes a time to move on and change.

If it is things you cannot change, can you change about your attitude regarding them to make it better? Some folks have genuine regrets for real reasons, and they should not be minimized. Pain and suffering are powerful forces. But even those can be overcome with work and with effort. Sometimes we just have to play the hand we were dealt. Actually, we always have to do that. That doesn't mean we are satisfied with it. But we can do our best to make it better.

@@HisMrsWright Have you tried going back to clear Liquid Protein to get yourself hydrated and some nutrients into your body? I don't know where you are on your diet or where you're supposed to be on your plan at 4 weeks, but I had quite a lot of nausea as I advanced my diet in the first 8 weeks or so...backing off helped get it under control more than once.

In my diet I am supposed to be on regular soft foods. When I do eat I only ever eat chicken noodle Soup or some other mostly liquid Soup. I also found added more foods was making it worse. I can't stand Protein shakes because everything is so sweet. I've tried a few different unflavored ones and it's obvious it's in there. I was always really easily grossed out and now it's multiplied times 100. I feel like I'm pregnant with awful morning sickness.

I spoke to the doctor today who says they don't think anything is wrong on the inside and they believe it's just taking me longer to heal. I asked if it was possible I had a small issue that isn't showing symptoms and they said. It likely. So they are prescribing another medication and more zofran. The new medication is supposed to make it easier for my esophagus to let me eat and drink. Let's see how this works. Im waiting for the pharmacy to call.

Hi there - I don't know your body or your plan but I'd try going back to puree/mushies. You may just be eating too much too soon. chicken may not be tolerable yet, nor noodles. I'm sure you're sick of broth so try cream of mushroom, broccoli cheddar, and the like. If the chunks bug you, puree them but hopefully they won't at 4 weeks.

There are some other recipes like ricotta bake, refried Beans, etc that might be easier on you and prevent the nausea. Best wishes!

I regret having surgery. I'm one month out from being sleeved and I still have nausea every single day. The doctor doesn't know what's wrong. All they've done so far over several phone calls and office visits are labs and fluids though. I don't have any pain that would indicate a leak, I've had my gallbladder out years ago, and I don't have symptoms of a stricture. I wonder if there could be something tiny going on that isn't showing symptoms but nausea but they won't hear of it. I take two different anti nausea meds every day and they don't get rid of the issue but help it enough so I don't feel like vomiting nearly as bad. I honestly think I'm dying. This surgery was the worst decision i could have ever made.

Gosh that just doesn't sound good. Is it possible for you to go to another doctor or clinic to get a second opinion? It really does sound like something is amiss. Are you able to eat anything?

I don't know who else to go to. This is supposedly a center of excellence and I know of no other places who do these surgeries in the area. I've thought of just going to the closest ER to me and see what they do.

I only eat when I feel for sure hungry. That's no more than once a day usually. A teaspoon or two at a time. When I went into the doctor this week he told me to focus on hydration and not eating. I'm going back to work on Monday and don't see how I'm going to have energy with no food.

I'm going to leave a message with the doctor today and see what they say.

>

I regret having surgery. I'm one month out from being sleeved and I still have nausea every single day. The doctor doesn't know what's wrong. All they've done so far over several phone calls and office visits are labs and fluids though. I don't have any pain that would indicate a leak, I've had my gallbladder out years ago, and I don't have symptoms of a stricture. I wonder if there could be something tiny going on that isn't showing symptoms but nausea but they won't hear of it. I take two different anti nausea meds every day and they don't get rid of the issue but help it enough so I don't feel like vomiting nearly as bad. I honestly think I'm dying. This surgery was the worst decision i could have ever made.

Gosh that just doesn't sound good. Is it possible for you to go to another doctor or clinic to get a second opinion? It really does sound like something is amiss. Are you able to eat anything?

I don't know who else to go to. This is supposedly a center of excellence and I know of no other places who do these surgeries in the area. I've thought of just going to the closest ER to me and see what they do.

I only eat when I feel for sure hungry. That's no more than once a day usually. A teaspoon or two at a time. When I went into the doctor this week he told me to focus on hydration and not eating. I'm going back to work on Monday and don't see how I'm going to have energy with no food.< /p>

I'm going to leave a message with the doctor today and see what they say.

Just a word here....I also had a Center of Excellence Dr and Hospital. He was a great Surgeon but he lacked something in the bedside manners. My hubby almost died after they tried to do a Revision from his Band to a RNY. I had Strictures and he acted like I was a huge bother. He dropped my hubby right smack down the middle told us to take him to our PCP or the ER. Neither could do anything!! He called us "PROBLEM CHILDREN"!!!! My hubby had to find another Dr to take him on to get a WOUND VAC put in. He was deathly sick for 9 months and 3 of them he doesn't even remember. I was told that it was hard to get another Dr to clean up after another. I finally fired him and went to another Center of Excellence and was accepted right away!! My point is just because they have those Credentials does NOT mean they are a good DR. I also found out that he got paid a certain blanket amount to pay from the 1st visit thru the surgery!! But I can tell you this he still billed both of our insurance for each time he saw us. He wanted to follow my journey for the first 5 years, they document everything that happens so it makes them look good and receive the CENTER OF EXCELLENCE!!! As soon as we started having problems he wanted to X us out. We made his program not perfect. So MAM you do have options, even if he has the Certificate your health is worth so very much more than his Certificate.

50 lb loss in such a short time is terrific progress! I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now, but I really want to encourage you to hang in there. You are a beautiful young woman. As the pounds continue to fall away, I think you are going to be happy you made this decision. You have taken a positive step to health, activity and longevity!

Hi. My only regret was not doing it sooner in my life. I was sleeved May 2015 when I was 44 years old. Best decision I ever made. I'm making up for lost time. Picked up cycling. Hiking and other activities post-244766-14795518404005_thumb.jpg post-244766-14795518541603_thumb.jpg post-244766-14795518728959_thumb.jpg post-244766-1479551891624_thumb.jpg

No not at all. RNY October 6th tw365, sw350, cw209 and pain free

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

You lost almost 150 lbs in under two months? Congrats!!! I just hit my 130 weight loss at 8 months out.

Sent from my iPhone

I had my surgery 3 days ago and I was freaking out, thinking what am I doing to myself!? I did this for myself and for my family, so I can do more with them and participate instead of sitting on the side lines! Everything went good except for the nausea for the first day and a half, which caused me to have another night in the hospital, but I woke up yesterday, ready to go and was able to get my liquids in and keep them down, it was like someone flipped a switch! So be excited for your new future life, and the things you're going to get to do that you couldn't before!