Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Year #7 with my Band..... 8 will be even better

Good morning all.... Yesterday was my 7 year anniversary with the LapBand. It has been a year... some good... Some not so good. But that's the way life goes... Take the good with the bad.

Don't want to bore you guys with the same... "about me" speech.... So here is what i wrote last year and ill just update how this year has gone.

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/355155-6-year-bandaversery-and-still-going-strong/

Lapband is doing great.... right now i only have 2cc in my 10cc band.... about a month ago i was under a lot of stress and my band tightened up and i was having a hard time keeping food/drink down.... So i sent my dr. a text and he said come in... went in and he removed 8cc...(i thought i had 10cc in, but i guess not)... Anyway he took it all out to let my esophagus heal. All is good... so Tuesday i had him put back 2cc, i wanted 4cc, but he said... no, if 2cc is good, next week we will put 2cc more... Thank God he is a personal friend and i don't have to pay for him to do all this.... I'm still maintaining at 125-130lbs... which i love.... size 4-6, love even more... But even better is that i feel GREAT!!! LIFE is amazing.... Waking up everyday thankful that i was given this amazing tool and that i was blessed to not have any problems with it.....

So the "stress" ....Last Aug i sat my husband down and told him that I was unhappy and that come the first of the year things would be changing if we didn't nip some things in the butt.... Well he didn't believe that i would follow through.... But... surprise..

In south La the economy is in the crapper... Oilfield is in turmoil... So many people are out of jobs and losing everything they worked for. I had my turn and got laid off from the job i had for 6 years. Unfortunately this year for them was even worse and it looks like they maybe closing there doors....

A couple weeks later i told my husband i wanted a divorce. Life is too short to be unhappy. So i filed and he was served July 5.

Since, i have been living life... I got a new job and a second job (because im white privilege in all) I'm lucky enough to have a great friend that lives near the beach in Fl, so i went there a few times this past summer, worked on my tan. Cleaned out the clutter from my house, redid my flower beds, pressure washed it. Going on lots of dates... Some great, some good....some, well, they liked me too much and wanted me to "be their gf"..... NOT!!

Mostly though.... I'm spending more and more time with my grand kids.... Logan is now 11 and is the sweetest young man, he just loves to hug and cuddle...i just eat him up.....Lots of time cheering him on at the soccer field and scouts. Elizabeth will be 9 Sunday and man what an independent little girl... she is head strong says exactly whats on her mind... she had back surgery in June for her scoliosis.... but you would never know... She still does dance classes and now is taking cooking class... her goal is to become a famous chief in San Francisco...(i know, where does she come up with this)... but she has her mind set.

To all my WLS friends,

Thank you all for being so supportive. This site for me sometimes has been my sanctuary.... I can come here and connect with old friends and new.... read about all the successes and try and give support and encouragement when needed.

Thanks Alex... for starting this site... you have been an inspiration... There are not many of us Lapband people around anymore... but the ones we have are amazing... Julie, Sharpie, Bandista, sparkplug, adjl, 2muchfun, b52... and sooo many more. Thanks to some of my other new friends..... Dub, elode, CHM, OKCpirate, viffer..... Please forgive me if i didn't single you out... you all are special to me... I treasure all of our post, chats, text, calls, FB messages.... Luv you guys

Year 8.... here i come....!!!!!

Thanks for being there,

Bayou

Geezzz .... I almost forgot.... My LB doctor asked me to be on his website in his Testimonials.... I feel very honored.....so looks like a photo shoot is coming... Whoop