Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Single Incision Laparoscopic Sleeve, Anyone?

Is there any one who has had SILS?

More so, interested in knowing if anyone over 40 BMI has had it done? I am considering this route because I am so afraid of not healing properly from any scarring. Also I read that it's less painful than that of the regular sleeve.

Please let me know

There is one person on this board who said they had it. I had my sleeve on Halloween, 4 incisions. The incisions are nothing, they don't hurt at all, people worry way too much about them. Overall the entire surgery was not very painful, I mean I had drugs for the pain in the hospital and continued them for a few days at home (bedtime only) but less then a week post surgery I didn't need anything.

I don't understand how single incision would be less painful, what they do on the inside (remove most of your stomach and close it with a line of staples!) is exactly the same.

I had my gallbladder out many years ago and also had 4 tiny incisions. The scars are barely visible, tiny white lines. People worry too much about scars also. Are you a bikini model ;)

I guess if all other things are the same go with single incision if you want. But I certainly would not drive farther or pay more or anything like that to have it. I can't see that the benefits would be worth it, but YMMV.

Aspiring Bikini Model. If I could just lose all of this weight, haha.

Thanks for the response. I'm just worried about what it will look like. I wish there was a scars thread on here, so I could have some sense. There are not enough photos on Instagram.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Two weeks out and my incisions (5) look great. I'd probably rather have a few more and make sure the surgeon can use all their tools. I don't see how it could be done with one incision especially since you need at least one instrument in each hand?? The scars are minimal...don't worry about them too much :)

Sent from my iPhone

The scars are nothing to worry about at all. I've had a total of 16 incisions over 3 surgeries, lap band placement, lap band removal and now my sleeve on the 1st November 2016. None of the incisions have ever been painful and the scars are barely noticeable, and I haven't even bothered to use a scar treatment, so if you were to use a Vitamin e oil or similar scar treatment I doubt you would really see them over time.

Well i am super pale and short and i have one scar main scar that is pretty big and puckered but I believe it was due to allergic reaction to the glue used to seal them. My incisions became very inflamed and the largest one on my right side is not pretty at all. post-302449-14788012748471_thumb.jpg

But most people you can barely see it. Im only 3 weeks post op

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

thanks for all the responses, especially to those of you who shared the pics.

@@Joy@boman, hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly