Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The weight loss surgery journey is long and hard. Sometimes, it can be hard to see the progress you are making, or you do not take the time to recognize and Celebrate your accomplishments. It is not just about bragging. It is actually helpful to check in with the good things.

When you force yourself to identify something good that happened, you are making sure you see the progress you are making. Otherwise, the WLS can seem slow and you can get discouraged. It is also good not only to recognize the good things, but to share them so that others can remind you that you are doing great work!

So…share your great recent moments here! Did you hit a weight loss milestone? Did you choose the stairs instead of the elevator? Did you go to McDonald’s and stick with a burger patty and side salad? Did you schedule your first surgeon consult? Post ‘em up!

I'm 5 weeks post op and can now fit into my favorite top, which I had put away in a box for the past two years. :)

Also, despite my distaste for them, I'm drinking a shake every day, because I know it is best for me, allowing me to reach my Protein goals daily.

I broke BOTH of my feet. Both. I broke my left foot 8 weeks ago (the night before my first scheduled 5k!) and found out last week I have a stress fracture in my right foot from overcompensation. Now I have two boots on and have been homebound for the last 7+ weeks (I'm supposed to be non-ambulatory). Unfortunately, this has meant a LOT of time on the sofa in front of the TV.

My accomplishment? I haven't gained weight. There have been times that I felt like getting back into old habits (ordering Chinese for lunch on GrubHub? That thin crust pizza from Domino's is SO cheap...! Oh em gee, Coldstone DELIVERS?!), but I've resisted. And even though I cannot work out, and my weight hasn't really gone down (it's been pretty stable for a few weeks), I haven't gained and haven't gone back to old habits.

And I'm craving a good, sweaty workout. WHO AM I?! lol.

I stuck to my guns when my seven year old wanted me to make him a separate dinner because he refuses to try anything new. (I made stuffed orange peppers). after a tantrum, stomping, being sent to his room. he decided to come back down and eat it on his own. Now he's having a fruit bowl for dessert because he already had a halloween candy today and he is rationed and gets to make a choice about when he wants it. this is something we discussed yesterday and he agreed to so he's being good. Honestly this is a bigger win for me than me sticking to plan. I can control myself, with him it is much harder.

the good news is he is and has always loved meat first, my brother kids only eat white foods...so already ahead, I figure.

Oh and I got my husband to agree to no junk food Snacks in the house! Huge win!

After losing 60 pounds I finally had someone this week who hadn't seen me in awhile go "damn you lost weight!". I just came back from the grocery store and I ran into a patient, he immediately asked if I had lost weight. I wasn't looking for validation but I had literally said to my wife and my boss (who had vsg) that I was disappointed that nobody except people who know about my surgery have said anything about my weight. I'm no longer disappointed! It encouraged me to look at my food journal and realize that I was making some mistakes. Those mistakes weren't bad choices, they were too little Protein and calories.

My wedding rings come off! Not in the bad way - they used to have to get windex from the back when I had them cleaned and inspected and now I can just take them off! It's a small miracle [emoji4]

12.5 months post op.

Off all prescription meds save a new anti-inflammatory I started on Thursday.

Received lab work results from one year appointment.

Pretty much a glowing report card.

Cholesterol, blood pressure and etc all in excellent shape. My sleeve has been awesome.

3.5 months post op here.

My biggest achievement is to come off insulin after 30 years on it. For me that is huge .. even more so than cutting down on my BP meds.

I also saw the cardiologist a couple of weeks ago and my heart failure has gone! That was my primary goal pre surgery ... to improve the heart failure .. so when she said it was gone I was gobsmacked.

Today I cleaned out my wardrobe .. and have hardly any clothes left that fit me. Guess what I am getting for Xmas?

The road from day of surgery to here has been hard and I had many regrets in the first few months ... but now I have none at all. I would do it all again in the same situation.

I've yet to actually get sleeved, but it's just around the corner! To be approved for surgery, I had to wait 6 months and complete a checklist of doctors to visit. During that time I had monthly nutritionist appointments where I would be weighed. There was no weight loss requirement for my insurance approval, but it was obviously encouraged to work some off prior to surgery.

My final nutritionist appointment was in September. I'd done well the first four months but gained ten of 15 I'd lost back by the final appointment. It is now 2 months since then, and I was able to drop the ten I gained back and then some.

Five years ago my dad died somewhat unexpectedly and I gained about 80-90lbs on top of weighing 260-70 at the time. My highest weight was in the 340s. Recently I weighed in at under 300lbs for the first time in years and today, I weighed 286! This is closest I've been to my pre-grief weight since I started this process.

I'm looking forward to my big day on the 22nd.

Sent From BariatricPal App

I'm down 70 pounds...2/3 of my weight until goal.

I wear a size 12--smaller than I was in high school.

And this week I got my yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do.

I also added a profile picture to LinkedIn which I was always too embarrassed to do before.

Sent from my SM-G925V using the BariatricPal App

Stress can be tough! Mom died in 2002, 20 pounds. My son was born in 2009 and he had multiple problems, my wife was diagnosed with cervical cancer a month after, 30 pounds. My wife had a brain tumor this year, no weight gain but suddenly I had a blood pressure problem. When she was in the hospital I went to my doctor because I was feeling bad he prescribed a blood pressure med and made me promise to take it before leaving the pharmacy and call him in the morning to make sure that I was alive. My blood pressure was 222/111.

I did 2 miles yesterday on a nature trail I haven't been on in over 20 years!

9 days post op and so far I've watched hubby eat Mcdonads, subway and the family had KFC today. Went to cinema with kids today they had sweets etc and on all these occasions I had a latte. Very proud of myself and I know this is what I have to do because there is no point not because around people eating fast food etc if I can handle it now it is helping to change my mindset.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Lost 50lbs in 47 days (counting preop diet)

HW 385 SW 359 CW 338 Sleeved 10/5/16