Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did I actually have surgery?

I fell like I didn't have surgery. I'm 3 weeks out from bypass and only lost when I was on fluids. Once I started the soft food stage, I stopped losing. I haven't felt any restriction at all and haven't had any trouble eating anything. This is not what I expected at all. Has anyone felt like this? Does it change?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Are you measuring? I gained a lb when I went from liquids to soft. It is because I went from an average of 400 to 600 calories a day. Eventually my body adjusted and I dropped again. I didn't feel much restriction until I started soft foods. And thicker purees (like hummus) chicken. I tried a hard boiled egg. And it was too dense and I didn't like that feeling...you wouldn't either. Trust me on that.

At 3 weeks out you shouldn't be doing anything to make you feel full. You are still healing. I'm nearly 6 weeks and still being careful not to push anything.

I feel like I could eat more than I am, but I am satiated on what I am eating so I'm sticking to it.

I also log everything that goes into my mouth in myfitnesspal.

you likely won't feel the restriction until you start eating solid food. In the mean time, don't push it. Your nerves were cut during surgery and you're still healing - you don't want to do anything that will harm you

also, weight loss - most people have their first stall sometime during the first month after surgery. I had mine during weeks 2 and 3. Week 4 it broke and I lost like 6-8 lbs within a couple of days. Just follow your plan and you'll lose the weight....

She's absolutely right. I actually felt as if l never had the surgery for a few months. I could eat whatever l wanted, no nausea or dumping. I figured out that the trick is dense Protein and no drinking for an hour. Now l can barely eat anything. I'm 4 months out and down 50 pounds which is really good considering l was a lower bmi (38) to begin with. My surgeon said I'm way ahead of schedule. The food slides right through if it's soft or if you drink and add liquid to it so it goes right through your system and doesn't give you a full feeling. If you want more info fb friend request me. Tara McCutcheon.

Sent from my LGMS550 using the BariatricPal App

I am 6 weeks out & had same problem when I started eating soft foods. But you will start to lose again. I also measure foods & can't quite feel that I am full. I just stop eating. The only problem I get is a stomach ache after some meals & can't figure out if I ate too much. Usually eat 1/2 cup or less. I haven't had any problems with foods except eggs & sugar alcohols from sugar free products.

I am 3 months out and I had the same problem. Then I couldn't eat eggs, drink Water or drink Protein Drinks. The only thing my pouch could hold was broth. Protein drinks would not stay down. That lasted for about a week or so. Im doing so much better. I still have days when my pouch is iffy. Its a one day at a time thing with me. About time I take 2 bites or sips of something, I stop before I get full. If I dont stop, me and my toilet will be having a conversation, lol. Sugar and

splenda and equal upsets my stomach. I wish you the best of luck. It will get easier

I will be 4 weeks out in 3 days and haven't lost in 2.5 weeks. In the first ten days I dropped 10kg and then came to a dead halt... Very frustrating as I am sticking to the plan perfectly and staying active

Sent from my SM-G900F using the BariatricPal App

I felt the same like I didn't have surgery, I am 19 days out and sometimes I can eat a can of tuna and at times only half. What I was told that it is the amount of time I am taking to eat something will determine the amount I can consume. So if I take bigger bites and a shorter amount of time between each bite I will be able to eat less. I have no problems eating eggs or anything on my diet I just have to take small bites and slow down.

That is so funny. Sometimes I ask myself the same question. I had my surgery on 17 Oct and was pretty much into soft foods by the 2nd week. This was my 4th week and I'm having gem squash and ground meat. Small amounts of course. But alternate, my purees and soft food.

I lost 10kg first 2.5 weeks and have stalled. I've mostly gone back to purees, but the weight is not shifting. I'll continue as normal and see what happens.

Besides, I have a year to lose most of the weight, so won't rush myself. Just have to get my Water in.

Sent from my LG-D958 using the BariatricPal App