Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting approved and now my job wants to trip

After all the paperwork waiting and getting approved I try to do the right thing and let my supervisor know now they want to tell me to wait to January to have the surgery will remind me I work for the hospital so I'm told that November and December is not a good time at the hospital well I'm looking out for my health I am a PCT Tech so in order to take care of patients in the hospital I need to be trying to take care of myself and by me waiting to January my benefits we'll go back to the same I will have higher payment to pay out when I only have 2,900 to pay out now.... I still went own and files for my FMLA hoping I get approved I am so frustrated now. Because if I wait to the beginning of the year I will have to start all over with my deductible and I will have to probably resubmit all my papers

Sent from my SM-G928T using the BariatricPal App

Hope you get approved!!! honestly you shouldn't told them what you was going out for.......My boss has been in her position for 6 months and has ran half the staff away so she was very upset when I put in for FMLA and had the nerves to ask what the surgery was for I polity told her that's personal information that I will not discuss with you........However some how she found out what it was for because my first day back she go "I like your new smaller scrubs" I gave her a big smile and said thanks and walked away....... Like others is saying I don't think they can deny you however my job was asking was it elective and was saying they could possibly give me a date to go out basically what time the company could stand to have me out.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using the BariatricPal App

Will by reading the FMLA laws and it being a medical necessity and my letter stating it's medical necessity I should not be denied... but you know how some people are but I have work so hard doing my paperwork and I've come this far and I feel like my health is important to I have my mind made up but I'ma wait just to see if the FMLA papers get approved thanks ladies

Hope you get approved!!! honestly you shouldn't told them what you was going out for.......My boss has been in her position for 6 months and has ran half the staff away so she was very upset when I put in for FMLA and had the nerves to ask what the surgery was for I polity told her that's personal information that I will not discuss with you........However some how she found out what it was for because my first day back she go "I like your new smaller scrubs" I gave her a big smile and said thanks and walked away....... Like others is saying I don't think they can deny you however my job was asking was it elective and was saying they could possibly give me a date to go out basically what time the company could stand to have me out.

I thought about that after I said something some time trying to do the right thing is not good

I thought about that after I said something some time trying to do the right thing is not good

I think it's good to be honest. You'll be fine. Sometimes the supervisor needs to ask questions and that's OK. Leaving emotions out of it you have the legal ability to take a leave to tend to your serious medical condition. ????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the BariatricPal App

I too work as a nurse in hospital and one of the reasons I had the surgery was so I could continue work in a healthier state and be a fully useful part of the team....I guess I'm fortunate that my colleagues have been so supportive. You would be surprised just how many health workers have had bariatric surgery where I work. Just remember "to look after others you need to look after yourself first". You need to forge ahead....you will never regret doing this for yourself

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App