Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks tomorrow and lost....

What...a....ride.

Sleeved on 10/7, and had nausea bad since Day 1. Finally could not take it any longer, and off to ER on 10/20. Admitted, slightly dehydrated, and then they do a CT scan that shows a leak. At that point, they shut me diwn, nothing oral to it heal. Yesterday i go the green light to go back to Clear liquids, puked every meal. Did i credible today, move to full liquid.

So miserable. For six days I survived on phyrenagan and dialudin.

Ate today, kept it diwn. Still nauseaus.

Anyone else have this much nausea?

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

I was nauseous and it was hard to eat or drink and I would get sick after eating right up until like 8 weeks. I am now at 10 1/2 weeks. I am so much better. Just eat or drink only what you can. Some of us are slow healers. It will get better. I took all the nausea Meds from my dr and whatever I could get at the pharmacy.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Are you drinking sugar free fluids? Maybe it like me and sensitive to them. I'm allergic to aspartame but sucralose was fine until I needed to drink lotd of it

Truvia made me throw up repeatedly... propel Water in the hospital was giving me nausea...

I can only handle one premier Protein a day or every other day, sf popsicles by outshine only and Protein powder made with stevia as that is a natural made plant sugar substitute...

And reallyy my body would be happier wo the premiere but my insurance paid for it so.i have like four cases of it lol

Now I have heard some ppl having horrible nom stop nausea but it often eventually resolves...

Very happy to report today has been better.. able to get parts of all three meals down yesterday, with limited nausea and NO throwing up.

Today took some regalin to start the day and at some Breakfast and whole bowl of Soup for lunch.

Really goping to get d/c today so I can go home and get back to it.

I was doing fine up until I got a stomach bug last week. I'm almost 4 weeks out and it's been rough the last week. Naseaus, vomiting, constipation...you name it. today is the first day in a week I was able to eat anything. I had a poached egg with a little cheddar cheese. I wrote previously that I would not have had the surgery.???? but that's not true. I'm happy with my weight loss and my doctor said this is all normal. I may not like the way I've been feeling, but I know it will get better. As long as I do the best that I can everyday I know I'll be alright. It definitely helps reading all these posts. So thank you

Sent from my SCH-I545 using the BariatricPal App

I had surgery on May 27th. My nausea started about 3 weeks out. I had really intense nausea and was admitted for 9 days when it started. Got a picc line put in at the end of June to infuse TPN (fluids and nutrients) because I couldn't eat or drink. I didn't eat or drink for over a month. I finally started to eat and drink slowly, starting small. I only just had the picc line removed on October 10th. I've suffered with bad bad nausea since June that I've had to use 5 antinausea meds (zofran, emend, scopolamine patch, Granesitron patch, hyoscyamine, and Ativan) to just get by and I still felt the nausea while on them. I'm only just starting to feel okay and not need to take antinausea meds round the clock.

Starting weight: 540

Surgery Weight: 480

Current weight: 375

I had surgery on May 27th. My nausea started about 3 weeks out. I had really intense nausea and was admitted for 9 days when it started. Got a picc line put in at the end of June to infuse TPN (fluids and nutrients) because I couldn't eat or drink. I didn't eat or drink for over a month. I finally started to eat and drink slowly, starting small. I only just had the picc line removed on October 10th. I've suffered with bad bad nausea since June that I've had to use 5 antinausea meds (zofran, emend, scopolamine patch, Granesitron patch, hyoscyamine, and Ativan) to just get by and I still felt the nausea while on them. I'm only just starting to feel okay and not need to take antinausea meds round the clock.

That sounds exactly like what I am going through....my dr finally said he had no idea, but thanks to a mighty God and a lot of prayer warriors, its gettibg better....

Will pray for your situation as well..

That sounds exactly like what I am going through....my dr finally said he had no idea, but thanks to a mighty God and a lot of prayer warriors, its gettibg better....

Will pray for your situation as well..

My doctor said it's something that happens to some Bariatric patients and they aren't quite sure why. He said it does go away it just might take days, weeks, or months.

I can tell you that I have been taking less and less nausea meds and today was the first day I didn't need to take any.

So I guess for me it lasted 4 months. What really turned the tables for me though is having my gallbladder taken out on 10/18. They had found stones and when they took it out they said it was inflamed. So maybe that was contributing to some of my nausea? I'm not sure...

I'm just glad I'm starting to feel normal again. I've just been in the hospital a lot since my sleeve surgery. In the past 3 weeks I was in the hospital 16 days. Going home for 3 days in the middle of 2 stays.

I wish you the best and hope you don't have symptoms as long as I did!

Edited by Dashofpixiedust8